[CORRECT AS IS] How do I use the MavE?

DmitriKozlowsky

Please sort MavE engagement.

I don't care what ED says. It is broken. Either it is broken, or RTFM is written badly, or changes are not documented, or whatever. Becouse it does not work. It is aggravating.

With TPOD lasing, code set (1378), MavE uncaged & RDY, HUD shows In Range, Master Arm ON, WEAPON DOES NOT RELEASE!

Track angrily attached.

FA18C_MavE_wont release.trk

I've had no issues with it.

Anyhow, some tips:

If you are having issues with a weapon system, it would be wise to create a track where you start from the air. You did many things unrelated to the MAV-E and I had to speed it up for a while before I reached the parts that were relevant.

In the track itself, no laser codes were changed (pod is lasing at 1688, and the Missile is tracking 1111). The word CODE is flashing on the hud to indicate that. When I took control, changed the laser code, and made sure the laser was armed - it fired with no issue (long pickle).

Edited by BarTzi

I can fire the laser. It is the release of MavE that is problem. It sees the laser spot , uncaged, , but wont release. So the basic question is answered. Why is it not releasing.

UFC: set code. I did that.

In how many places fo I have to change PRF code?

This is confusing and aggravating, and described poorly.

I am still not clear. Does MavE fired from CAGED or UNCAGED with laser firing? Setting PRF on UFC sets PRF for? Missile? TPOD? Both?

There needs to be a clear sequence of bullet points .

Is TRIGGER lasing a hold down, or simple momentary press to turn ON/OFF laser firing?

Because if I am holding laser trigger, how am I am supposed fire the weapon. It is confusing because it is not clearly explained.

Edited by DmitriKozlowsky

ED recently released the auto lase function...I got confused as well but here is what works for me:

- A2G-Mode, Master Arm on

- set laser codes (remember AGM65E use 1111 as default),

- arm laster switch,

- tgp on target,

- move SCS to mav-page (should automaticly slave seeker to target)

- press and hold weapon release (takes two seconds)

(no need to trigger the laser as it is automatic)

Edited by SirJ
added A2G & master arm

With TPOD lasing, code set (1378 ), MavE uncaged & RDY, HUD shows In Range, Master Arm ON, WEAPON DOES NOT RELEASE!

You haven't changed the TPOD laser code to match (it's still set to lase 1688 ), therefore the LMav doesn't lock onto the laser spot and won't fire.

4GHLpKy.jpg

In your track you kept getting a laser code warning in the HUD but only tried changing the LMav code, never the LTDR code.

There is a minor change in Open Beta in how the TPOD's auto-lase fires when firing the LMav,

a short press on the fire button starts the lase, a 2nd press fires the LMav once it gets a lock

otherwise you can long press the fire button, to start the lase and fire the LMav (once it gets a lock).

Note: The Laser Arming switch times out and needs to be reset between lases.

Tested Open Beta 2.5.6.50793

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

-Arm laser and ensure codes are correct

-keep TRIG unboxed

-Assign TDC to the maverick screen (no need for uncage)

-press and hold weapon release button when IN RNG is displayed in the HUD

-Keep weapon release held down until the missile leaves the aircraft (will take a few seconds)

476th Discord   |    476th Website    |    Swift Youtube
Ryzen 5800x, RTX 4070ti, 64GB, Quest 2

I can fire the laser. It is the release of MavE that is problem. It sees the laser spot , uncaged, , but wont release. So the basic question is answered. Why is it not releasing.

The MavE does not fire because it does not have a good "lock" - with a good lock the seeker "X" changes to a solid square

UFC: set code. I did that.

• Only for the MavE

In how many places for I have to change PRF code?

• The code for the MavE and TPOD designator must match, as 1378 is a non-standard code, you need to change both the MavE seeker and TPOD designator codes.

I am still not clear. Does MavE fired from CAGED or UNCAGED with laser firing?

• Uncaged, the MavE seeker "X" slews to the designated target point (i.e. by TPOD TDC depress) ready to lock/search for the correct code.

Setting PRF on UFC sets PRF for? Missile? TPOD? Both?

• Whichever you are working with TPOD, MavE, GBU-12, etc. setting the code for one weapon does not set/reset the other codes.

Is TRIGGER lasing a hold down, or simple momentary press to turn ON/OFF laser firing?

• The laser auto-lases by default, i.e. when launching the MavE, a long press (of the pickle button) will fire the laser and once the seeker gets a lock - it will launch. For GBU-12, etc. the TPOD will auto lase ~10 seconds before impact/TTI and a few seconds after.

The laser then times out and the arming switch turns off.

Because if I am holding laser trigger, how am I am supposed fire the weapon.

• To manual lase, "trigger" is boxed - press and hold the trigger to lase, fire the MavE, GBU-12, etc. using the pickle button.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

ED recently released the auto lase function...I got confused as well but here is what works for me:

- A2G-Mode, Master Arm on

- set laser codes (remember AGM65E use 1111 as default),

- arm laster switch,

- tgp on target,

- move SCS to mav-page (should automaticly slave seeker to target)

- press and hold weapon release (takes two seconds)

(no need to trigger the laser as it is automatic)

Yes auto lase function but just for first maverick , for 3 others , i have to uncage maverick and lase with trigger , auto lase don't work :(

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

Did you check this?

Yes of course.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits

OK, I feel like an idiot. I don't understand these answers. 10 different tips, and no two of them are consistent. I have zero clue as what is the interplay between lasing from TPOD and MavE.

Example. I cant pickle the weapon while holding down TRIGG to fire laser. I DO NOT EVER get auto-lasing from TPOD, for any laser guided weapon. Not for MavE, not for LGB.

LiteningII pod usage in DCS is inconsistent across modules. It is confusing and aggravating. Explanations don't make sense.