FYI Monstertech's super taurus mount is available to order

FoxTwo

Received my mounts today. Was looking forward to getting it set up over the weekend, but I had an email from Monstertech warning me not to use the screws provided for the stick mount as they are too long and may damage the PCB! They are sending some correct length ones plus some nuts for the throttle so I'll have to wait a bit longer.

Just got my mount yesterday, but I ordered a full cockpit. However, the base isn’t coming until this afternoon, so I don’t quite know if the necessary hardware is present.

I have tomorrow off because it’s Opening Day, but also plan on spending most of the weekend assembling this rig. I’ll chime in here once I get it assembled (but may start my own thread for the cockpit).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

Just got my mount yesterday, but I ordered a full cockpit. However, the base isn’t coming until this afternoon, so I don’t quite know if the necessary hardware is present.

I have tomorrow off because it’s Opening Day, but also plan on spending most of the weekend assembling this rig. I’ll chime in here once I get it assembled (but may start my own thread for the cockpit).

Yeah start your own thread, would love to check out your new setup and see if I could improve mine.

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

No problem. Just one condition: you have to cheer for the Braves.

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

FYI Monstertech's super taurus mount is available to order

Monstertech said universal accessories might not fit perfectly. They offer to send free nuts and screws and I just have to pay 15 Euro for shipping, this is actually cheaper than the Amazon’s solution. Those T-nuts can be quite expensive.

I removed my Warthog throttle mount and used the T- nuts from that to install Winwing, and it has been solid. No shaking, rattling, etc. This mounting solution is really well done, kinda hard to assemble but well worth the $37 that I paid for the plates.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

Monstertech said universal accessories might not fit perfectly.

Monstertech uses standard aluminium profiles, type Item 40 notch 8 (mostly 40mm x 80mm square, but also 80mm x 80mm). Item is the name of the manufactor, 40 means there is a 40mm space between the center of the notches, 8 means the notch is 8mm wide. The other major manufactor of aluminium profiles would be Bosch, those have a different shape of the notches and therefore of the nuts. Every Item notch 8 type nut will perfectly fit in your Monstertech mount, regardless what Monstertech told you. They propably meant, that if you purchase those Bosch type nuts, those wont fit. Nonetheless, great they send you some for (almost) free. But if you need some additional ones in the future, just google "Item 40 notch 8 accessories" and you should find plenty of stuff.

Cheers

239865_Itemprofile40x80.png.3af391a5a7e95d0981c82be250fdc15b.png

2139171191_Boschprofile40x80.jpg.7521c93c44dda1a863919e0b74ee7db2.jpg

Edited by VpR81

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

• 1 year later...
On 7/28/2020 at 6:45 PM, VpR81 said:

Monstertech uses standard aluminium profiles, type Item 40 notch 8 (mostly 40mm x 80mm square, but also 80mm x 80mm). Item is the name of the manufactor, 40 means there is a 40mm space between the center of the notches, 8 means the notch is 8mm wide. The other major manufactor of aluminium profiles would be Bosch, those have a different shape of the notches and therefore of the nuts. Every Item notch 8 type nut will perfectly fit in your Monstertech mount, regardless what Monstertech told you. They propably meant, that if you purchase those Bosch type nuts, those wont fit. Nonetheless, great they send you some for (almost) free. But if you need some additional ones in the future, just google "Item 40 notch 8 accessories" and you should find plenty of stuff.

Cheers

239865_Itemprofile40x80.png.3af391a5a7e95d0981c82be250fdc15b.png

2139171191_Boschprofile40x80.jpg.7521c93c44dda1a863919e0b74ee7db2.jpg

I just tried "googling" (searching for "40 notch 8 accessories")...Maybe it was my search engine (google) but, nothing really came up. Just fyi..can you share a link please?

3 minutes ago, nerves said:

I just tried "googling" (searching for "40 notch 8 accessories")...Maybe it was my search engine (google) but, nothing really came up. Just fyi..can you share a link please?

Try aluminum t-slot 80/20

You want 40 series for monstertech compatibility.

3 hours ago, nerves said:

Apologize sir, my translation was propably false as english isn't my native language. 

Here is a link as example, but it's a german site so you might propably want to search for something in your region:

https://www.myaluprofil.de/zubehoer-aluminiumprofile/Zubehoer-Aluprofile-I-Typ/zubehoer-nut-8-i-typ/ 

Cheers

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

In the UK there are a number of companies selling 40 / 8 Al extrusion. The company that I use most often is KJN. I've also bought some spare parts like slot pieces on Amazon... easy if you know what you are looking for. Link to KJN: https://www.aluminium-profile.co.uk/ir-range-compatible-with-item-profile/ir-range-aluminium-profile

(You need their IR range to be compatible with Monstertech, not the BR range which is Bosch and uses different base dimensions).

If you are US based there are plenty of companies doing the same stuff. Do a search for "8 slot aluminium extrusions" and dig around from there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 months later...
On 11/17/2021 at 9:15 AM, speed-of-heat said:

@Waxer does it make a difference which slot profile you use ? 

If you want to be compatible with Monstertech and other common aftermarket solutions then yes... you should use the 40mm / 80mm sections with 8mm slots. If you are doing everything yourself with no intention to be compatible with other parts then use what you like. For example Bosch does 45mm / 8mm Al sections.

• Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...

Am i the only one seeing this?
I'm about to order the Taurus & looks like the throttle is available but not the desk mount, so to
bypass some huge lead time im thinking of just ordering the throttle & getting the mount elsewhere.

This image posted earlier looks like the throttle body was cut out for the rails to pass through,
is that just a mistake?

taurus mt.png

Intel i9-10900K 3.7GHz

RTX 2080 Super Windforce OC

G. Skill Trident Z Royal 3600MHz (32GB)

Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe M.2 (1TB)

HTC Vive

X56 Hotas

MX Ergo