DCS:Syria Map FAQ

Wags

I personally don't care that much about Cyprus, but it's nice to see that the map extends far enough to the east to include the location of the DPRK-built reactor at Al Kibar (35° 42.467'N 39° 50.008'E).

You sure? Looks to me like the high detail cut off is around Lake Assad down to Palmyra. The most East city I see on Wags map is Raqqa, but I guess it’s close

Edited by AeriaGloria

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

You sure? Looks to me like the high detail cut off is around Lake Assad down to Palmyra. The most East city I see on Wags map is Raqqa, but I guess it’s close

Al Kibar is 80km east of Raqqa. And it doesn't really matter if it's outside the high detail area as long as we can place static buildings wherever we want to.

Dear all,

Ugra has been listening to your concerns about lack of sea area for naval operations, and they have now greatly expanded the sea area to the west of the map. Cyprus is clearly missing in the attached image, but that will come later during the early access period. As mentioned in a previous video, we are still determining the how and when of how the addition of Cyprus (as huge undertaking) will be handled.

Kind regards,

Wags

Thank You! :thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Unbelievable

Dear all,

Ugra has been listening to your concerns about lack of sea area for naval operations, and they have now greatly expanded the sea area to the west of the map. Cyprus is clearly missing in the attached image, but that will come later during the early access period. As mentioned in a previous video, we are still determining the how and when of how the addition of Cyprus (as huge undertaking) will be handled.

Kind regards,

Wags

You are a crazy bunch of the best! Thank you for excellent work. This is so-freaking-unbelievable that you are changing the scope of this project that is already filled with all that greatness. Well done ED and Ugra Media, this is going to be successful and popular terrain.

Thank you!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Wags

Fantastic news from this morning!!! You make my day :).

TY Ugra and ED!!!

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

This is really great news, considering the graphical level of the map that Ugra is making. The scenario is rich in different climatic regions, and from videos and screens in fact it looks like something absolutely realistic and immersive. I can't wait for it to be released.

... As mentioned in a previous video, we are still determining the how and when of how the addition of Cyprus (as huge undertaking) will be handled ...

I think a note is necessary, so that this map is a must have and not a missed opportunity. Even if we have to wait longer, the map should include the whole island of Cyprus and not just partially, as the Wags screen seems to indicate. A partially built island will inevitably give the impression of something incomplete. This map has all the requisites to be a MUST HAVE, so please include the whole island of Cyprus, if you haven't already decided to do so.

Thanks for the attention. Best regards.

1156957653_Syriaampliata1.thumb.jpg.f4c4f08de68fb4776676dde436b14053.jpg

111407382_SyriaMustHave1.thumb.jpg.7555b24c39cd73f425e8157d9b919c55.jpg

This is really great news, considering the graphical level of the map that Ugra is making. The scenario is rich in different climatic regions, and from videos and screens in fact it looks like something absolutely realistic and immersive. I can't wait for it to be released.

I think a note is necessary, so that this map is a must have and not a missed opportunity. Even if we have to wait longer, the map should include the whole island of Cyprus and not just partially, as the Wags screen seems to indicate. A partially built island will inevitably give the impression of something incomplete. This map has all the requisites to be a MUST HAVE, so please include the whole island of Cyprus, if you haven't already decided to do so.

I noticed that too. It seems that the island will not be complete according to this print. I hope the island is complete. :cry:

+1 for whole Cyprus for sure.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

when will be released on steam?

Acredito que amanhã a tarde deve ser lançado na Steam. :thumbup:

Dear all,

Kind regards,

Wags

Great news! Thank you team Ugra!

Rosh Pina airport (LLIB) is missing

Hi,

Thank you for a great looking map!!

looking anxiously to see how it further developes :)

Rosh Pina airport (LLIB) is missing in this map.

I could see traces of it on the correct location on the map but it was not modeled.

It is a military/civilian field just north of the Sea of Galilee,

so it's not a remote part of the map - it is right where the action is happening, in the north of Israel at least,

on the way from Ramat David AFB, to the Golan heights.

I would think it is important enough not to omit, escpecially while Israel is only partly modeled and has so few airports...

(Megido is a glider and light aviation field and yet it was modeled...)

It is great for Helicopters ops, transports, and as an emergency landing field.

For me at least (as I live in Israel) it is very noticable ommision in this great looking map.

Please consider adding it...

(Sorry again if it was asked and answered before)

Regards,

Ron

[EDIT: just missed this was asked in the wish list... but I have elaborated more on the need of this airport here...ha ha..:megalol: ]

Edited by ron533
found it in wish list

Callsign   SETUP

Hi,

Thank you for a great looking map!!

looking anxiously to see how it further developes :)

Rosh Pina airport (LLIB) is missing in this map.

I could see traces of it on the correct location on the map but it was not modeled.

It is a military/civilian field just north of the Sea of Galilee,

so it's not a remote part of the map - it is right where the action is happening, in the north of Israel at least,

on the way from Ramat David AFB, to the Golan heights.

I would think it is important enough not to omit, escpecially while Israel is only partly modeled and has so few airports...

(Megido is a glider and light aviation field and yet it was modeled...)

It is great for Helicopters ops, transports, and as an emergency landing field.

For me at least (as I live in Israel) it is very noticable ommision in this great looking map.

Please consider adding it...

(Sorry again if it was asked and answered before)

Regards,

Ron

[EDIT: just missed this was asked in the wish list... but I have elaborated more on the need of this airport here...ha ha..:megalol: ]

+1 :thumbup:

Crazy VRAM usage

Hi,

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this, but just opening the Syria map in the ME (no mission loaded) consumes around 11GB of my 11GB using a 2080ti. Surely this isn't normal? Running Through the Inferno it's constantly pegged at 11GB. Caucasus in the ME uses around 5GB in an empty ME and never over circa 8GB in Op Clear field for example.

Regards,

Ross.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

Hi,

Apologies if this is not the correct place to post this, but just opening the Syria map in the ME (no mission loaded) consumes around 11GB of my 11GB using a 2080ti. Surely this isn't normal? Running Through the Inferno it's constantly pegged at 11GB. Caucasus in the ME uses around 5GB in an empty ME and never over circa 8GB in Op Clear field for example.

Regards,

Ross.

It is the same with me. I believe it is a memory leak. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=283592