DCS:Syria Map FAQ

Wags

• 2 weeks later...
I have purchased a license for this syria theater but where do I download it from to use
You must install OpenBeta, or convert your stabel install. Easiest done with Skatezilla's excellent launcher app. When you log in, you'll be prompted to install it.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Has anyone else noticed that the trees don't render in the far distance no matter what Visible Range setting you use? When doing testing in VR I have to use zoom to see trees in the distance. I can tell there is some kind of circular anomaly(preload radius?) when flying that's loading trees. I don't feel like I should have use zoom to see those trees when the Preload Raduis is all the way up. However, even when the Visible Range setting is set to Extreme, the trees render at the same distance.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

Has anyone else noticed that the trees don't render in the far distance no matter what Visible Range setting you use? When doing testing in VR I have to use zoom to see trees in the distance. I can tell there is some kind of circular anomaly(preload radius?) when flying that's loading trees. I don't feel like I should have use zoom to see those trees when the Preload Raduis is all the way up. However, even when the Visible Range setting is set to Extreme, the trees render at the same distance.

I believe it's a common thing as per this thread

. I don't feel like I should have use zoom to see those trees when the Preload Raduis is all the way up. However, even when the Visible Range setting is set to Extreme, the trees render at the same distance.
Pre load radius does not change what you see or when you see it. It only minimizes loading terrain in game.

This is the wuestion for @MAESTR0: is there sny chance to we get Diyrabakir AB as it is one of the most important for TUAF in that region.

Thanks in advance

Asus TUF RTX 3080 10g GAMING; Intel i9 10900K; Asus B460 TUF GAMING PLUS;

2x32GB DDR4 3200Mhz HyperX Predator RGB; SSD 1TB Samsung EVO Plus

106_47.jpg

• 1 month later...

First, Crimea was deleted on FC-1 by map limitations on object count technology previously to EDGE engine. After, Crimea has not been added by the "little" problem by the russian crimean "invasion" of 2004, a political theme and remeber, ED main studio has located on Mowcow, Russia. That has a very sensible theme and actually has not added to no convert them on a "political" theme. The same situation with the Caucasus north / ukrania region by "Dombass War" / Chechenia / and some south republics.

That is something the politics shouldn't have no place at all, as one can historically make a map to something else than modern era. Like make a map represent 1988 or something and you can avoid all political discussion, but some people would anyway find history offensive, why it must be made criminal to study, research or discuss about it - with label "accept the official truth or....".

• Like 2

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

• 2 weeks later...
:cry: I don't know if I missed something but it would be good to have a work update on this great map, I haven't seen any development news for a long time, especially from the island of Cyprus :music_whistling:

Although I'm sure Ugra is still putting effort in this map, solving bugs and optimizing performance, it would indeed be reassuring if someone from Ugra could give us an update on progress.

At time of release I was very impressed about the Syria map (and I still am on most parts), but I'm sad to say, my enthusiasm is slowly starting to wear off due to some remaining major issues.

• Visibility range (even when set to high) was, and still is, very poor. You can see trees and buildings "grow" while landmarks can be seen for 10nm out.
  • Performance at some locations is still pretty critical (Incirlik for instance)

(to name two of the most pressing matters)

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Although I'm sure Ugra is still putting effort in this map, solving bugs and optimizing performance, it would indeed be reassuring if someone from Ugra could give us an update on progress.

At time of release I was very impressed about the Syria map (and I still am on most parts), but I'm sad to say, my enthusiasm is slowly starting to wear off due to some remaining major issues.

• Visibility range (even when set to high) was, and still is, very poor. You can see trees and buildings "grow" while landmarks can be seen for 10nm out.
  • Performance at some locations is still pretty critical (Incirlik for instance)

(to name two of the most pressing matters)

+1 +1...

FORTIS FORTUNA ADIUVAT

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a clue what is the time frame for getting that Syira map update/enlargement? Please avoid jurassic comment “two weeks”. I know that among us there is people who are in some connection and contact with Ugra developer and they may have some good news for us all.

Thanks in advance

106_47.jpg

I thought I saw somewhere the next update was coming in this months patch, I can't remember the source but I know I thought it would give me something to work on over the xmas break

Edited by shu77
  • Thanks 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

54 minutes ago, Avenger31 said:

Does anyone have a clue what is the time frame for getting that Syira map update/enlargement? Please avoid jurassic comment “two weeks”. I know that among us there is people who are in some connection and contact with Ugra developer and they may have some good news for us all.

Thanks in advance

16th of December if testing goes well as per ED.

• Thanks 1

There no update for the map today, i hope that MAESTRO decided to add more Turkish bases and becouse of it we need to wait more 🤞

106_47.jpg

I can't suppress being kinda disappointed that again an OB patch passes without any optimization on the Syria map (at least not mentioned in patch notes)

Imo, the extremely high RAM demand of this map and the silly short visual range of scenery and trees should have priority over adding new content (as much as I'm also looking forward to Cyprus)

Let's hope we'll see some improvements in the December update

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH