Shus Kiowa collective

How did you attach the 22mm pipe to the actual lever? I was thinking drilling two holes for the original bolts

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

I used a 22mm cap and used 2 screws to secure the cap to the collective head.

Needed a little glue on the thread to lock it off but it did work.

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

• 1 month later...

Hi, any news about publishing the stl files?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

IAF Bell205

IAF Anafa

-----------------------

DCS World Modules: A-10C, FC3, MiG-21BiS, F-86, P-51, KA-50, UH-1H Huey, Mi-8, M2000K, Gazal, Bf109, Mig-15, Hawk and NTTR

-----------------------

My System - ASUS Maximus HERO iiiv, CoolMaster 120 Sadion Plus, I7 -6700K @4.0, G.Skill ddr4 16GB ram, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 , PSU Seasonic X-650W, OCZ 150 500Gb ssd drive X2, Seagate 7200 1T X2.

-------------

I get a few questions about this, but I'm not able to release the STL files as they are not mine to release.  The owner of the STL files is building his own and i believe still intends to release when he is finished. The Faceplate can be purchased from Tekadept.  I still have no good solution for the electronics, one day I will get motivated to build a breadboard to replace the wiring loom if someone doesnt release a custom PCB in the interim. 

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

• 4 weeks later...

Could you supply us with the dimensions of the small case left of the main collective handle? I mean the one with the small red button for the laser on it.
This would really be appreciated.

Thanks

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

On 8/16/2020 at 3:04 AM, shu77 said:

shu77 on these hat boards I take it you cut off those mounted set & rst buttons when shortening it? I will be putting these on an Arduino with Unojoy so I suppose it shouldn't affect its hat functions.

Edited by SyntaxError

RimOnBlue.png

F/A-18C - A-10C - FC3 - L-39C/ZA - Ka-50 - UH-1H - Mi-8MTV2 - F-86F - Spitfire - P-51D - P-47D - BF-109K - CA

• 3 weeks later...

This looks amazing. I'm really interested in that USB handbrake, looks like such a good idea for the pivot. I know you said you get a good range of motion on it, but how many degrees do you think you get? Have you got any videos of the collection in action? I'd love to see how the movement works.

Thanks

22 minutes ago, AndyPeacock said:

This looks amazing. I'm really interested in that USB handbrake, looks like such a good idea for the pivot. I know you said you get a good range of motion on it, but how many degrees do you think you get? Have you got any videos of the collection in action? I'd love to see how the movement works.

Thanks

55-60 degrees, theres an early shot in the thread somewhere of both extremes.

cw1.png

Nice one, thanks. I've just been searching for videos of the handbrake in its intended use and there are loads on youtube so I'm all good. Just need to get one ordered now. The damper addition looks like it'll make a real difference to the feel, so need to pick one of those up too.

Depends on the amount of weight on the end of the collective, Initially I just had the Poly Pipe as an extension and it was quite smooth. Once you start to add weight to it, using friction becomes less effective, the Damper did make a nice difference to the solution.

11 hours ago, AndyPeacock said:

Nice one, thanks. I've just been searching for videos of the handbrake in its intended use and there are loads on youtube so I'm all good. Just need to get one ordered now. The damper addition looks like it'll make a real difference to the feel, so need to pick one of those up too.

cw1.png