I'm not poor, and i'm not mc Scrooge, but ...

You say "charge" as if it's a police order and you HAVE to buy it, or go to prison.

Some of you guys talk about DCS as if its a drug addiction. "But I *GOTTA* have it!!!! I *NEEEED* it, maaaan!!!" hehehehehe Don't buy the module, spend it on beer and Doritos instead.

AD

A really dumb post.

Buzz

Triple A game titles , that cost 50 to 100 million dollars to make, are half the price of one DCS module.
A bit like a wedding video costs an awful lot more than a box office smash that costs millions to make, the latter simply sells a lot more :)

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

But ED needs to come up with a different way to get paid for their work without fragmenting the community or creating avoidable false dilemma's.
Do they? DCS is not a multiplayer only title, in fact only a small fraction (albeit highly enthusiastic one) of the player base use it as a multiplayer game. The biggest cause of fragmentation online is content. In fact the more accessible you make it the worst it gets as there are loads of low populated servers with their favourite combination. Cost inevitably focusses the multiplayer population into specific content which is widely owned. It doesn't stop the demand for shiny new things offline nor should it IMHO.

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

Well, I'm officially poor TBH, and I still could afford all the modules, most of them on day one... icon_question.gif

Buy it!

$80 (or whatever on discount) over 1 year isn't even a cup of coffee per month.

Do you pay for the actual cup as well each time? I can have 16 cups for 2,99 (~24€ / kg), but I do have some "addon" costs for other ingredients like milk and sugar icon_redface.gif

PS, in the time I purchased the A-10C, I have had many many chairs, all for probably double the price I paid for the A-10C, so even DCS modules outlast chairs, stoves and even monitors wink.gif

You weren't supposed to shoot up your chairs with that GAU-8... rdlaugh.png

I'm still having the same one for the time being fsgrin.png

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

DCS is not a multiplayer only title, in fact only a small fraction (albeit highly enthusiastic one) of the player base use it as a multiplayer game.

Source? I don't know a single person who plays it in singleplayer even 1/3 as much as they do in multiplayer.

I use offline for testing, trying things, experimenting; MP for FUN.

@Eldur I'm assuming going to an expensive coffee shop and adding a bunch of extras every time. Can easily hit $8 here doing that. By your metric, it's 2 cups of coffee per month. :D

Motorola 68000 | 1 Mb | Debug port

"When performing a forced landing, fly the aircraft as far into the crash as possible." - Bob Hoover.

The JF-17 is not better than the F-16; it's different. It's how you fly that counts.

"An average aircraft with a skilled pilot, will out-perform the superior aircraft with an average pilot."

Source? I don't know a single person who plays it in singleplayer even 1/3 as much as they do in multiplayer.

Well....now you do. :thumbup: Only spend about 20% of my DCS hours in MP.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I dont think the issiue is about beeing rich or poor or cheap. DCS is a Hobby. Hobby's are expensive - at least most of them. I don't mind spending a fortune on a watch since they are my hobby. There are watches with almost no complications (like an unfinished module, you just get the basic functions) but they are still a lot of fun to wear and to look at.

In the end it's about what matters to you. If you want a new module to fly around in, blast through some canyons and don't mind about some features beeing added later BECAUSE you like it - buy it. If you do want the most complicated watch (to stay in that metaphor) also the other ones are also just telling the time - Then you probably should not buy.

Don't make it about money - You have to like it and feel good about it.

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

So yes, the F-16 has a decent size price tag, but someone coming to DCS World could only buy the F-16, and be playing it for years to come. I am biased now, of course, I am employed by Eagle Dynamics, but I truly believe that any purchase made with DCS is an investment, you are not going to rebuy it in a year, there is no DCS 2021 Super Duper Missile Edition.

Now, the calls of, don't get the F-16, it's not done! Nope, it is not, if you are not interested in play while it's being developed, it's not a module for you. Its got a ways to go yet. But if you don't mind the development journey, or helping reporting issues, etc, then you will enjoy it.

Well said there mate!

If you like virtual flying and employing it tactically, then DCS might not be the game for you. If you like "Open Beta Simulation", like many of the other simulations nowadays (computer building simulation, farming simulation, even work simulation!), then DCS is perfect for you. You'll have a plétora of bugs to discover and report and the best thing of it, modules seem to never be finished so you can play "open beta simulation" basically, forever! :joystick:

Edited by stormridersp

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

It has been mentioned many times. It always surprises as typically the forums and social media groups are populated with people who play multiplayer. It is the same in sim racing, even the more hardcore titles have have a minority 10-15% who ever venture online. Going back 10-15 years it seemed that AI would be a thing of the past but it is right back up there as a priority for developers now, even with what were multiplayer only titles!

This has been discussed so many times it's not funny. It's been stated multiple times by ED, plus common sense. Look at the server population. Even if you multiple it several times over, it's not enough to sustain a game, conclusion : it represents a fraction of the population.

''You don't know any singleplayers'' Gee.... I wonder why that might be............

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Get it

Even with all the shortcomings it’s still my favourite

Just can’t love the hornet for some strange reason .... I have it with the supper carrier to support ED by I still fly the F16

Can’t wait for additional A-G weapons :)

---------

System: i7-8700k @ 4.9GHz; Nvidia RTX 2080ti; 32GB (2 x 16) DDR4 @ 3333Mz Ram; ASUS ROG Strix z370-E; SSD Drive; Oculus Rift-S; Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog

I bought DCS Ka50 Blackshark in 2008, still enjoy it to this day. What else did i buy in 2008, Call of Duty World at War amongst numerous others which have all been shelved for the last 12 years.

Comparing this genre with others is a pointless exercise, you either love flight sims or you don't, make your decisions based on that.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Look at the server population. Even if you multiple it several times over, it's not enough to sustain a game, conclusion : it represents a fraction of the population.

equally valid conclusions derived from the same observation:

• DCS players are more in to collecting boxes than flying planes
  • DCS has many players who rarely fly
  • it indeed is not enough to sustain the game.
  • combination of above

Im not denying that there is a significant portion of offline pilots, but just assuming it, is not evidence for that assumption.

Here you can take a look at some graphs from the steam edition. But you see everyone who plays/played dcs world on steam. It doesn't say if those people bought a module or just fired dcs world up a single time and didn't even fly a mission. Interesting enough for speculations is the fact that around 1000 people are playing on an average daily basis while around 140 000 people are following dcs world via steam for news.

https://steamdb.info/app/223750/graphs/

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

LOL There is a multiplayer? I thought Multiplayer was me and the AI.....

Yes mate, and it's very nice, I even tried it once. It was a A2A server with BVR, so in my first dogfight I faced a F-15C in my F-16, and as soon as we were in range, the guy on the other side fired all of his AMRAAMs at once and as soon as he saw that none hit me, he ejected. Very fun!

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png

equally valid conclusions derived from the same observation:

• DCS players are more in to collecting boxes than flying planes
  • DCS has many players who rarely fly
  • it indeed is not enough to sustain the game.
  • combination of above

Im not denying that there is a significant portion of offline pilots, but just assuming it, is not evidence for that assumption.

What part of ''ED has stated it multiple times'' flew by?

1. Entirely possible (I'd say highly likely, even)

2. This is the same as 1.

3. And yet it's been here for over a decade, so clearly not the case

4. Well, 1&2 are the same thing, and 3 is obviously incorrect or we wouldn't be here, so... no.

It's not an ''assumption'' when there's evidence. What's that evidence again? The low server numbers. That's not an ''assumption''. Also evidence, ED's statements. Jesus. Why are we even talking about this? It's a FACT, not an assumption, stated by the company and supported by visible evidence.

Why don't we also have a rousing discussion on how the sky is blue, or am I just making an ''assumption'' you're all seeing the same thing I am? Maybe it's different in Australia because they're all upside down. I don't know, I just ''assume'' physics works the same everywhere. I don't really have any evidence except FOR MY EYES.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Considering the size of the teams working on those projects, and the quality of the work produced compared to much larger companies, I think it's fair to say that yes, they have their issues, but all in all, it's rather positive.

I'll take World of Warplanes as a comparison: Just take a look at their premium shop and see for yourself, you have popular premium airplanes as just below £40 for an arcade game.

No cockpit, limited functionality, nothing like realistic flight characteristics, little in terms of A2G arsenal, etc.

How much do you think it would cost you if they were only attempting to get level with any of DCS developers work and how much more bugs do you think you'd see in their game?

I haven't even started to play DCS because I'm stocked waiting for upgrade connection cables to be delivered to me, but I already understood what it is all about and it's not commercial as any of W.G games are or coming from large companies like others.

We're part of it as players, we help small teams of developers to sustain themselves so they keep providing us with the good work they've done so far, the best we can do, is to contribute some more by providing them with good, precise insight so they can work on the issues.

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Just remember alot of people, especially Open Beta and MP use stand alone rather than messing around with Steam.

I have Steam but would never consider running DCS through it, why bring in extra software to run in the background when not required, makes zero sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

around 140 000 people are following dcs world via steam for news.

Do you know what that number means exactly ? If I installed the free DCS world 5 years ago, tried it for 10 minutes, uninstalled it and never looked back, would it not by default remain in my library and thus I would "follow" it?

Going back 10-15 years it seemed that AI would be a thing of the past but it is right back up there as a priority for developers now, even with what were multiplayer only titles!

It have to be.

Unless you want to end up with a copycat of one of W.G games where experienced players take advantage of newbies.

I flew real A-Cs and gliders (low hours) and pilled up thousand of flight sim hours since Jane's IAF but I have no intention of going PvP without a fair dose of training, and this means AI.

So I'm gonna start by flying my A4, do touch and go, perfect my take off, landing and then do some maneuverability and aerobatics even before I can think of taking my Mirage 2000C up for a dogfight.

The complexity and realism of this game demand a fair amount of training and AI is part of it, by integrating it fully to the game, devs have made the best choice possible.

Edited by Thinder

Win 11Pro. Corsair RM1000X PSU. ASUS TUF Gaming X570-PLUS [WI-FI], AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3D, Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XTX Nitro+ Vapor-X 24GB GDDR6. 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series (4 x 8GB) RAM Cl14 DDR4 3600. Thrustmaster HOTAS WARTHOG Thrustmaster. TWCS Throttle. PICO 4 256GB.

WARNING: Message from AMD: Windows Automatic Update may have replaced their driver by one of their own. Check your drivers.

M-2000C. Mirage F1. F/A-18C Hornet. F-15C. F-5E Tiger II. MiG-29 "Fulcrum".  Avatar: Escadron de Chasse 3/3 Ardennes. Fly like a Maineyak.

Do you know what that number means exactly ? If I installed the free DCS world 5 years ago, tried it for 10 minutes, uninstalled it and never looked back, would it not by default remain in my library and thus I would "follow" it?

Not really, you can have a game in your library, even play it regularly, but not follow it.

Banned by cunts.

apache01.png