[REPORTED]Objects rendered one eye only

Sharkku

Some things are rendered in one eye only.

For instance:

-IFLOLS on supercarrier at wide angles

-Supercarrier arrestor wires when outstretched

-some clouds in distance at certain head angles

Anyone noticed anything else?

Often reported but seldom responded to by ED.

That's unfortunate! It's very jarring...

Same for shadows and I've even seen Senaki's shelters, contrails or missile plumes disappear on one eye. Not using that stereo whatever WIP line in autoexec. Heavily WIP still.

Well, here's to hoping it will get some attention soon.

Same for HMD in Hornet.

No... no.

That's... no. Entirely intentional and accurate. There's an option to enable it in both eyes, but no, it's supposed to be right eye only.

World objects rendering in one eye or different LODs in each eye are another issue entirely and completely broken. Has been since the beginning of time, gets worse every patch, and doesn't seem to be high on the ED priority list for a resolution.

@ED:

This bug affects us since 6 months. Since beginning of 2.5.6.

WHY IT IS NOT REPORTED??? AND MOST IMPORTANT... WHEN IT WILL BE FIXED??? please don´t tell me that you´re working or delete fxo and metashaders...

No... no.

That's... no. Entirely intentional and accurate. There's an option to enable it in both eyes, but no, it's supposed to be right eye only.

World objects rendering in one eye or different LODs in each eye are another issue entirely and completely broken. Has been since the beginning of time, gets worse every patch, and doesn't seem to be high on the ED priority list for a resolution.

You're absolutely right about the HMD, I misinterpreted that one. It's even adjustable in the settings to left, right or both eyes.

Well, lighting, clouds, ... more than enough things out there that really are only rendered in one eye and shouldn't be.

Do you have stereo_mode_use_shared_parser set to true in either options.lua or graphics.lua?

If so that would be the root of that problem.

Here is what happens. When I set it to either true or false (whatever Setting allows me to see carrier deck crew in both eyes) I get a A strange LOD bug when flying around and looking at trees and also it hurts my frame rate. When I set it so I see the carrier deck crew with ONLY ONE eye my frame rate is smoother while flying around especially when doing air to ground missions. Strange but true.

Honestly guys, I'm pretty sure this is one of the many "VR optimizations" unfortunately.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...

@ED: WHEN YOU WILL ADDRESS THIS BUG???? 7 months NOW.

@Bignewy: please would be great if we know some answer appart of the team is working on it... its very disturbing, really disorienting, seeing this on objects. What is curious that scenery objects (houses, electric poles, etc... are not affected). Only those objects you put with mission editor. Come on this issue was non-existant in 2.5.5, 2.5.4, 2.5.3... 2.0.... 1.5 and so on.

• ED Team

Hi all

I have reported some issues already regarding rendering only in one eye.

If you are going to report a problem please be specific, please if possible have a short track replay, just so we have a point of reference.

A screenshot or video will also help.

Also note,

Special options tab for some aircraft have options for render in one eye or both for some features.

If you are using stereo_mode_use_shared_parser in your autoexec it is W.I.P and not ready for public use.

Some headsets have different results, I am currently using a vive cosmos.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I run a Valve Index and have some clouds in the distance rendered in one eye only. It's not for all clouds, it depends on the distance i guess. I could take a screen shot but that is only from one eye and won't show the problem. It's quite disorientating to have object only rendered in one eye in VR, i usually make missions without clouds now. This has been reported already for a while and basically means VR is broken if you use clouds. Still OB branches are being pushed to Stable with these kind of errors in the software. Please look into this, it's bad enough we're having to do with such poor VR performance in general, but having this kind of errors makes VR simply a broken feature.