DCS-ExportScripts F-14B Tomcat .lua script w/Special Stream Deck exports

If I wanted to do something similar for the AV-8B where would be a good place to start?

Hi Chopstix,

try the excellent youtube video of Ctytler

, autor of thoses stream Deck plugins.

Intel® Core i7-7700K @4,20GHz - 64 Go RAM - GeForce GTX 1070 Ti - Windows Pro 64 bit - Stream Deck - HOTAS Warthog

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I had posted on the DCS Interface thread, but you may be a better resource.

How are you finding out the Lamp codes to put into your export lua? I'm interested in getting the RIO radar lamps to work.

PD STT

PULSE STT

PD SRCH

RWS

TWS AUTO

TWS MAN

PULSE SRCH

What can I do to help with the effort?

• Like 1

I still need some help pointing me in a direction in how to identify the above lamp IDs. I don't understand what tools to use to find them. In the meantime, here is my small contribution that I have tested for the RIO.

-- [b4 RIO - Center Panel] ----------------------------------------------------------------
   -- HCU
   [2007] = "%.1f", -- HCU IR/TV
   [2008] = "%.1f", -- HCU RDR
   [2009] = "%.1f", -- HCU DDD Cursor
   [2010] = "%.1f", -- HCU TID Cursor
-- [END B4] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- [b5 RIO - Center Console] --------------------------------------------------------------
   -- Display
   [17] = "%.1f", -- IFF
-- [END B5] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to @Chacal_IX for the lamp IDs.

-- [b4 RIO - Center Panel] ----------------------------------------------------------------
   -- HCU
-- [END B4] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-- [b5 RIO - Center Console] --------------------------------------------------------------
   -- Display
   [17] = "%.1f", -- IFF
   [6114] = "%.1f", -- PD STT Lamp
   [6115] = "%.1f", -- PULSE STT Lamp
   [6116] = "%.1f", -- PD SRCH Lamp
   [6117] = "%.1f", -- RWS Lamp
   [6118] = "%.1f", -- TWS AUTO Lamp
   [6119] = "%.1f", -- TWS MAN Lamp
   [6120] = "%.1f", -- PULSE SRCH Lamp
-- [END B5] -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• 1 month later...

Outstanding !!

It works like a charm 🙂

I put pretty much everything I need in the pilot seat but now I'm getting started with the RIO.

I would especially set up the lamps of the TID Display and the CAP windows.

How do you guys find those ID's when they are not in the export script ?

Do you create them with "random" numbers or do you have to find a specific one somewhere ?

I would gladly contribute but I don't know how ....

• 1 month later...

Hello all ! I'm about to get a Streamdeck, and so I started searching for solutions to integrate it with DCS. Being a fan of the cat and having not found a corresponding script in the DCS-ExportScripts Github repo, I'm glad you guys worked on it...

I might not know much about programming or DCS modding, but if I can be of any help, please let me know. I'm impatient to try all of this out 😄

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/12/2020 at 10:23 PM, Thistledown said:

Thanks to @Chacal_IX for the lamp IDs.

-- HCU

-- Display
   [17] = "%.1f", -- IFF

Oh this is brilliant - how can we find other ones (like DCS ID of Pulse radar range - not the buttons!)?

So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

• 1 month later...

I just got a streamdeck XL to do exactly this and found your thread. Ill be reading closely. This looks absolutely amazing.

Whats the quickest way to get started on this? I got the XL to fit hopefully everything or enough on one page.

Edited by Skuzzlebutt
Added Question

I got the basic profile installed. Im assuming theres nothing implemented for the Tacan 3 digit viewing yet? its ID is 0 right now. How would you dial and view the tacan? Thats the biggest thing is I'd like to see the tacan in the Stream Deck.

75bdd627a820c231d16df7d1b94e5854.png

Edited by Skuzzlebutt
wrong photo

Hello,

I am trying to set up my stream deck buttons to change pilot's radio preset up and down. I guess the correct id is 2032, right? When I use the "Incremental Input (Rotary)" button, the whole stream deck app stops working and I need to restart it. I've tried to use the momentary buttons instead -- they did not cause trouble, but  have not worked well either...

Any idea how to set up the radio channel switch?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/1/2021 at 9:24 PM, bad_turbulence said:

do these scripts have to be updated every time there is a DCS update, or are they future-proofed so to say?

Not future proofed at all. The basic scripts were written by an author who is now discontinued his work. As far as I know this thread and @ctytler's streamdeck plugin thread are the places I'm finding updates if something breaks. So far I've only experienced that 1x in the last month with the F-16 TGP causing crashes after 2.7 updated.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello !
i d like to add a speedbrake indicator and a speed indicator.
i think that the good indicator is the 8306 but it doesnt seem to work 
any advice ?
Did you get this working for the speed brake indication?

Sent from my ASUS_I01WDX using Tapatalk

it is probably something obvious I am missing....but how can I make my F-14B profle work with the A version?

I have another lua file for it, how should it be named so I can use it with cloned F-14B controls folder in SD?

EDIT - got it, lua file must be called 'F-14A-135-GR.lua' and I can use the same set of commands, no need to clone

Edited by veenee

So many modules, so little time...

www.mikphotography.com

2 hours ago, Chacal_IX said:

The 6102 output works well on my side for what you want to do.
On the other hand, it is possible that output 59 will be more complicated to program because there are more than 4 digits after the decimal point.

I'll still be messing with it. You're adding that to the F-14B.lua export correct?

Edited by bones1014

@Chacal_IX I'm not getting any output from that added line. Is there somewhere else it needs to go? I was trying to get my Radar mode buttons to light up like yours but I can't get them to stay on either. Can you give me a hand with those too? None of these below do anything when I add them to the F-14B.lua

-- HCU

-- Display
   [17] = "%.1f", -- IFF

Edited by bones1014
added to post