Disable FLOLS overlay

REL

+1 to making it optional via in-game menu settings.

+1

"These are NOT 1 to 1 replicas of the real aircraft, there are countless compromises made on each of them" - Senior ED Member

Modules - Damn near all of them (no Christian Eagle or Yak)

System - i7-12700K, 64Gig DDR4 3200 RAM, RTX-3080, 3 32" monitors at 5760 x 1080, default settings of High (minor tweaks)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
At least a statement by ED on the matter would be appreciated.

Agreed!

If you don't want to keep editing the lua file to take it out you can also just grab it by the top and drag it almost off the screen into a bottom corner. A bit of it will still be visible though.

• Like 1

Agreed!

If you don't want to keep editing the lua file to take it out you can also just grab it by the top and drag it almost off the screen into a bottom corner. A bit of it will still be visible though.

I hadn't noticed you could do that. Thank you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

+1 to be removed. Absolutely terrible distraction when using VR and at night - it's ridiculously bright. Please add option to remove the overlay. Thank you.

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Like 2

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

• 4 weeks later...

Poor prioritization by devs. They have a list of fixes that they are working through in order, no matter what. This is literally a 5 minute job, that would make a lot of people happy. But it doesn't get done, because there are other things on the prioritization list, and noone cares to move it up the list.

It is utterly ridiculous.

I guess I'll keep editing the file after each update...

Edited by Sharkku
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Sharkku said:

Poor prioritization by devs. They have a list of fixes that they are working through in order, no matter what. This is literally a 5 minute job, that would make a lot of people happy. But it doesn't get done, because there are other things on the prioritization list, and noone cares to move it up the list.

It is utterly ridiculous.

I guess I'll keep editing the file after each update...

Well hello Sharkku, fancy seeing you here sir!

Next time when in our server, you will have to share what file you are editing to get rid of the overlay - I'd love to get rid of that as well.

Cheers,

Ziptie

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

13 hours ago, Ziptie said:

Well hello Sharkku, fancy seeing you here sir!

Next time when in our server, you will have to share what file you are editing to get rid of the overlay - I'd love to get rid of that as well.

Cheers,

Ziptie

And hello to you, sir! I believe Draconus beat me to it here above! 🙂

16 hours ago, draconus said:

Copy that, just did it and it's terrific - thank you very much !  Always puzzling why this can't be a "feature" to disable rather than editing .lua files.  So many things like this with DCS - at least there is a fix for us in the interim (or forever).

Cheers,

Ziptie

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I really love DCS carrierOPS ! Driving the Cat and the Hornet- all is perfect. But I really don`t like the FLOLS-overlay. Think it`s disturbing while landing. I can see the meatball clearly through my VR and the LSO working fine. So - please ED, create a switch to turn it off in menu. Incomming new clouds+ switchable FLOLS layer= verry happy and close to perfect to me. 🥰

Cheers

Tom

Born to fly but forced to work.

TomFliegerKLEIN.gif

7 Months later and this unwanted game feature still pops up while I'm on final. To put this feature in in the first place, fine whatever. We can turn off labels, BDA, all sorts of non-sim things. But making this one mandatory strikes me as terribly far away from what DCS should be about.

15 hours ago, Rolds said:

7 Months later and this unwanted game feature still pops up while I'm on final. To put this feature in in the first place, fine whatever. We can turn off labels, BDA, all sorts of non-sim things. But making this one mandatory strikes me as terribly far away from what DCS should be about.

If you want to remove the FLOLS overlay which pops in your cockpit just before landing:

- close DCS

- go here C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\tech\Supercarrier\PLATCameraUI

- open FLOLS.lua in admin mod (with Notepad++ for example)

- line 41, replace "FLOLS:setVisible(val)" by "FLOLS:setVisible(false)"

- save, close and restart DCS

And put "false" to "val" to revert

Cheers,

Ziptie

• Thanks 1