Buddy bomb desync

AlexCaboose

This one is pretty clear to see. Fly up with a buddy and drop a bomb. The visual effect of the bomb will be in the wrong location, but they will still shack the target they were aiming for and you'll see that. However, this issue compounds when you attempt to buddy lase and the bomb will track the offset/desync, and therefore miss the target.

If you had a human buddy, then you have a track, as all MP tracks save automatically.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

I can confirm this issue, which is there since the release of the F-16 IIRC. It's really annoying and the only reason why I haven't submitted a bug report myself so far, is that I don't have suitable track files (meaning short and small track files) to demonstrate the issue.

I have observed this issue from various perspectives:

1) When flying on a multiplayer server and my F-16 buddy drops an LGB, I will see the LGB flying balistic all the way to the ground, while my buddy will see the bomb following his laser. For me the bomb impacts somewhere off target (where it flew to ballistically), but the target blows up for me anyways, even though the bomb impacted somewhere else.

2) The desync is evident in TacView replays as well, as I will see the bomb falling entirely balistic in my TacView-Replay, exploding somewhere off the target. My buddy on the other hand will see how his bomb homes in on his lased target in the TacView replay.

These observations are all from non-buddy lasing operations! There it is not a gamebreaking bug, just immersion breaking and annoying. I can imagine though that this issue causes real problems when doing buddy lasing as the OP reported.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Can confirm this behaviour, had this problem at least hundreds of times.

Had this when buddy lasing using the F-18 and the F-16.

I never posted the problem, since I never had a short track.

Currently I concentrate much more on enjoying the sim than testing & bug hunting. Thats ED's job :D

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

These are the recordings of the bomb desync. Mine is the first one, and you can clearly see that my GBU-10 strikes the building. However, on their tracks, it misses by a good margin. If we had waited a bit, the target would have burned down, but I wanted to make sure the .trks were as small as possible.

This only seems to happen when a Viper drops the bombs, but makes buddy lasing and BDA impossible.

server-20200621-231211.trk

Buddy 1.trk

Buddy 2.trk

• 2 months later...

Any updates on the bomb desync?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=278393

This was marked as reported awhile ago and we've had two patches since without any change in behavior. Is there any update on progress towards fixing this issue?

It's incredibly frustrating as I cannot do buddy lasing with my squadron and BDA is still impossible. Range scripts will tell me I've "missed" a target that I very clearly hit, sometimes by 800ft+.

• 3 months later...

Hey Bignewy, any update on when this might get a fix?

• Like 1

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

• ED Team

Sorry, no news, it is still on the list to do.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY changed the title to Buddy bomb desync
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 2 months later...

It's been 1.5 years since this bug was reported, yet it has still not been fixed.

This is not just an aesthetic issue, but it also causes issues with missions that use "bomb in zone" triggers with LGBs to determine if a LGB is within a zone and because the script runs on server side, it can happen, that because of this desync bug, the bomb is outside of the zone for the server, while it is inside the zone for the client who dropped the LGB.

And besides that it's still a very ugly aesthetic issue, if you see clients dropping LGBs that impact 100m away from the target and yet the target magically explodes...

So, any ETA on a fix for this? No other aircraft has this LGB desync issue.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 2

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• ED Team

Post merged, 

It is a challenging issue technically, I have no progress to share currently.

I will ask the team about it again. 

Thank you

• Thanks 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2