A Big thank you to Eagle Dunamics

dr_hippo

Hi all,

Just a small history about me and DCS.

I started playing Black Shark around 2009. I found out that I needed to buy a better joystick and during that time the Saitek X52 was my choice. I had a multimonitor configuration so on the second monitor I mapped the instruments that I needed. I flew hundreds of hour is the Black shark. So EG thanks for all the fun that time. When the A10 came out I bought it, nevertheless it was a busy time in my live so I had a difficult time with the A10 because I was not flying enough. Then I did not play DCS anymore for a couple of years. I started again in 2018 ( still same PC )and my joystick started to give issues. I bought the thrustmaster 16000 because I wanted to see if I was obsessed again.

I tried to convince a friend to give it a go. He refused because he does not like flightsims untill he found out you can fly DCS in VR. He was so impressed about it. When I visited him and tried VR on DCS for the first time that was just a new world. For the ones who did not tried it yet please do so. Of course my 10 year old PC was not compatible with VR so I needed to do some upgrades.

I changed to a ryzen 5 3600, 32GB Ram, Sapphire 580 and a Oculus Rift S. I am happy with the performance. A RX580 is not the best card. I wait for the next gen AMD cards and hope vulcan wil help aswell.

Of course I added some nice modules like the F18, SU33, F15 and the supercarrier.

When flying in VR you need easy access to all buttons. The Thrustmaster 160000 is a fantastic joystick for that money but it fails complete with button placement.

So my next investment was a expensive VKB Gunfighter pro.

Again a new world opened for me! Flying DCS in VR with a VKB joystick is a fantastic experience. Still the Black shark was a difficult beast to handle. I use the tabletop version of the VKB so it is not ideal when it is standing on the desk.

I bought the 200mm extension and the Universal stronghold and now it is just perfect.

The pleasure I have with the different modules, multiplayer with a friend of me, in VR with a fantastick Joystick is just the max.

Sometimes I see people complaining with the Beta issues or the price for the modules.

I have no complains at all ( maybe because I am in software as well )

I hope for some modules like the Tornado, F117, B1, S3 refueler, C130, Apache and a modern Russian clickable plain.

So with that little story just a big thank you to Eagle Dynamics and VKB to give me so much hours of fun!!!!!

Thanks

• ED Team

Hi dr_hippo

thanks for sharing your story, and thank you for the support, we appreciate it.

We hope you continue to enjoy for many years to come.

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hello everyone.

My story is very similar to that of Dr Hippo. Nice to see that others felt the same way.

VR blew me away at the time. A friend had VR equipment. I tried the glasses with him. When I first flew the Mi-8 in VR, my decision was firm. I upgraded my computer and bought VR glasses. I've never looked back. Nice that you invested in VR early on. This will benefit you even more when VR is no longer a niche product.

Then after years of SP I started with MP. Meet great people and learn a lot of new exciting things. Often much easier than before.

The editor is great. We can create exciting missions, exactly what we feel like doing.

In short: I would also like to thank everyone involved in the DCS for many incredibly great hours and wish you lots of fun and success in your work.

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

I also want to thank Eagle Dynamics for this great simulator that it gives us every day. I have been buying your products for many years and I hope to enjoy many more of all its modules.

The better simulator of the world !!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Vista, Suerte y al TORO !!

Me too. I am using TIR5 and quite happy w/ it. I upgraded my PC 6 months ago and now everything works very well. The old PC limited things like trying MavFs. There just wasn't enough power to have a screen within a screen. I see some complaining and have to wonder. If something doesn't work there are 100s of other things to do. Thanks ED.