New Thrustmaster Stick and Throttle Unveiled

Really not a great offering after so many years since they did anything new

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Looks like a budget release aimed at the buyers of the upcoming Flight Simulator game. Makes sense in that regard.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

The throttle looks good, hopefully it would be well dampen with Nyogel 767A (LOL, in your dreams) and would get paired with somekind button box in future.

But the joystick. That is just cheap move.

They had a change to improve its downsides. So offer better palm rest, add a mini-joystick on top. Add couple 4-way + push hats on left and right as external modules. And then make the slider longer in center of base, as well add few switches to sides. One mini-stick to base would make joystick alone great addition for many uses without throttle.

But they simply added to colors swappable buttons to sides? Really? Really?!

They truly should have at least added that Nyogel 767A crease to both so one doesn't need to start missing modding right away.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Cheap and nasty.....TM needs to be a bit more competitive with the likes of Virpil, VKB and Winwing!

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

Why manufacturers insist on producing poorly thought out sticks, I will never know. It's not how many buttons you have, it's where they are. Stuff on the base is just inaccessible, no point in being there. That stick was bad the first time around, now they made it ugly.

Throttle looks.ok, though.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I like the throttle, if only it had more buttons or switches

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Clearly meant for civilian sims. Even looks like it has thrust reversers, not so much afterburner detents? Unless you really really must have dual throttle, I think their TWCS is a far better budget option for DCS, it has a fairly generous amount of hat switches, sliders and buttons.

And for those 4x per year where you want asymmetric thrust, you can use the throttle on your joystick to control the right engine. I had it double mapped like that by accident, but it actually works. My single hotas throttle controls both engines, unless I move the throttle on my stick, then that moves the right engine throttle. Not ideal, because every time you move the main throttle again, both will move, buts its good enough for flat spin recovery or something.

yea even its name is "airbus edition" I like civil sims but since I have warthog, I don't have a room for it.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

I don’t understand why people comment the lack of buttons on the stick.

Clearly it’s made to replicate A320 flight controls. Last time I flew the Airbus, I don’t remember seeing a whole lot switches on stick. Now if that’s a smart thing to design or not is another matter.

Also it has two add on "parts" you can buy later on.Thrustmaster-TCA-Airbus.png

Edited by Nemax

ASUS ROG Zephyrus S GX502GW

(Core i7-9750H, RTX 2070, 32 GB ram)

TM Warthog - TM T-Flight Pedals - TrackIr 5 - Cougar MFD

Modules

F-86F - T.1A - A-10C - M-2000C - UH-1 - F-5 - P-51 - SA342 - Spitfire - AJS-37 - AV-8B - F/A-18C - L-39 - MiG-21 - MiG-15 - KA-50

FC3 - CA - NTTR - Normandy - WWII AP - LotATC - TacView

Most interesting part is this clamp thing

tm-flying-clamp_05.jpg

Youtube

• 2 weeks later...

TM needs to also step up to the fighter aircraft. The Warthog is OK, and why the would build a throttle for the A-10 instead of the F/A-18 is beyond me. Been in the stick market since TM came out with a 'combat stick', a really crude one, they sent me a prototype a long time ago.

They now have a separate F/A-18 grip. TM now needs to add a replica F/A-18 throttle (revamp the Warthog?) AND sell a replica F-16 throttle.

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

I was wondering the same.

Thrustmaster F/A-18 stick is perfect but the Warthog throttle is not close enough to F/A-18 hornet. A no go for me. I'm looking on the internet since months to find the perfect match, so frustrating(aerotronics, Winwing?). Just a set from Thrustmaster to change the buttons and UPGRADE the warthog throttle to F/A-18 hornet throttle would be great and I would buy the whole package the second it is on sale(anyway everything is sold out and prices are rising, we can see the consequence of Covid-19).

Uhh, because the Warthog HOTAS came out ten years ago:

https://www.simhq.com/_technology3/technology_174a.html

DCS A-10C was their first modern jet sim after the highly successful Blackshark.

GPU: RTX 4090 - 3,000 MHz core / 12,000 MHz VRAM. 

CPU: 7950X3d - 5.2 GHz X3d, 5.8 GHz secondary / MB: ASUS Crosshair X670E Gene / RAM: G.Skill 48GB 6400 MHz

SSD: Intel Optane P5800X - 800GB

VR: Pimax Crystal

CONTROLS: VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base / VPC Constellation ALPHA Prime Grip / VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle / TM Pendular Rudders

Been trying to decide if the 'first officer' add ons are worth while for sim pittling, the Park Break/Landing gear knobs would be useful for Hornet and a bunch of other sims, I havent decided what to use the 2 extra axis for with Hornet though.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

I was wondering the same.

Thrustmaster F/A-18 stick is perfect but the Warthog throttle is not close enough to F/A-18 hornet. A no go for me. I'm looking on the internet since months to find the perfect match, so frustrating(aerotronics, Winwing?). Just a set from Thrustmaster to change the buttons and UPGRADE the warthog throttle to F/A-18 hornet throttle would be great and I would buy the whole package the second it is on sale(anyway everything is sold out and prices are rising, we can see the consequence of Covid-19).

Can I ask where your issue with the Warthog throttle is? I admit the switches dont reflect whats nearby on the Hornet, but they are close enough to be useful, I splurged on a custom TEK creations face plate and its been great since then, and while there are some differences between the throttle hat configs, you can achieve all the same functionality with minimal change of behaviour in your finger positions. Unless you are flying an actual hornet sim I would suggest based on my 25 hours or so in the hornet with it the Warthog gets you close enough to not lose anything in the experience.

cw1.png