Foggy Canopy

Shahriar0

I have noticed that in a pitch black night when I change my view from the cockpit to look at the map and then back to the cockpit, the canopy looks foggy for exactly 4 seconds before it becomes dark again. This happens only in VR.

The effect (which is actually kind of cool to look at) happens every time. Even after several back-and-forth between cockpit and map views, it continues to happen. As such, I don't suspect it is the reloading of the textures and similar to jitters we see when a mission is initially loading.

I did not see this effect prior to 2.5.6.50979.

Thanks.

1078465057_NormalCanopy.thumb.png.9ed0a629fc6e19b3222b496af2fa626d.png

672118540_FoggyCanopy.thumb.png.494c28b5b64994d96e0991e346bf7f37.png

Edited by Shahriar0

Oh, such a good question. It did not even occur to me to try out other planes, mostly because I like to practice instrument approaches at night only on the F-14 platform. Why would anyone want to try this in the F-5E for example? :)

So I tried this in the F-5E and it did happen there too, although not as pronounced. That is perhaps due to the design of the canopy itself. I also tried the MIG-29A and the effect was there too, but interestingly the mirrors were totally bright during those few seconds as if it was dusk and it looked a bit foggy too.

So this is not a Heatblur issue. Sorry for raising it. I will take this to the proper forum.

Thanks.