Need help loading applying TARGET software to DCS!!

TARGET manual does not clearly tell you how or what you are supposed to put in the first three lines to add DCS so TARGET recognizes it.

The manual tells you about the first line which I'm not even sure I've done correctly. When I put in what they told me from the shortcut it gave me the updater.exe. It also totally ignores what is supposed to go into the second or "Working Directory". I am assuming it is

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World only because it's the only thing I could find that comes close.

As for the third command line it tells you nothing of where you are supposed to find it only what it "could" look like.

Now all this is probably second nature for people that dabble in computer language but for some or a lot of us it's not real clear what you are supposed to do.

I have no problem when it comes to binding keyboard commands with buttons or building macros.

I used to do with the old Thrustmaster software but it's been a while and the manual is very vague IMHO.

So far nothing has worked because when I start DCS it does show the Thrustmaster category virtual in the control category.

Can anyone help me get this loaded up properly.

Thanks ahead.

Now since loading up the TARGET software every time I try to select a command on the DCS control profiles and I select a keystroke for an action when I click the OK button with my mouse it adds the mouse button 1 to the the command line.

WTF!!!!!

Didn't have this problem before using the TARGET software.

All I wanna do is fly some simulator for gods sake!!!!

TARGET manual does not clearly tell you how or what you are supposed to put in the first three lines to add DCS so TARGET recognizes it.

Could "please please please" take some screenshots or add the file so we can have a look on what three lines you're talking about? Would make things a lot easier to "debug" (and get you out of your misery a lot quicker...héhé).

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Now since loading up the TARGET software every time I try to select a command on the DCS control profiles and I select a keystroke for an action when I click the OK button with my mouse it adds the mouse button 1 to the the command line.

WTF!!!!!

Didn't have this problem before using the TARGET software.

All I wanna do is fly some simulator for gods sake!!!!

Was able to get that fixed but had to turn TARGET software off and restart DCS to get rid of it.

I order a 15 pin VGA to USB 3.0 converter for $19.95 hope this works although everything listed about these converters says they are for video purposes.

However they are the only ones with the 15 pin connector stacked in 3 rows of 5.

The rest of them are flat with 15 pins in 2 rows.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F6TS8KZ/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Edited by msmith301

Could "please please please" take some screenshots or add the file so we can have a look on what three lines you're talking about? Would make things a lot easier to "debug" (and get you out of your misery a lot quicker...héhé).

Here you go.

Sorry for only attaching links. For some reason I can't insert pictures even though I am copying a legitimate web address. (I think..lol) the pictures are of the same thing only one's just closer than the other.

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOhQggvFjuaR-GgvMD_5iyXDPYz5hBhPUHwhHn7

https://photos.google.com/photo/AF1QipOkRzy2a1YROnq-w6eVu9wdP9_i2yJOb1-2htK6

Edited by msmith301

Thanks but...

... i get this... (and you need a Google account to get in).

NzIB8eX.pngNzIB8eX.png

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

The manual tells you about the first line which I'm not even sure I've done correctly. When I put in what they told me from the shortcut it gave me the updater.exe. It also totally ignores what is supposed to go into the second or "Working Directory". I am assuming it is

C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World only because it's the only thing I could find that comes close.

As for the third command line it tells you nothing of where you are supposed to find it only what it "could" look like.

Now all this is probably second nature for people that dabble in computer language but for some or a lot of us it's not real clear what you are supposed to do.

I have no problem when it comes to binding keyboard commands with buttons or building macros.

I used to do with the old Thrustmaster software but it's been a while and the manual is very vague IMHO.

So far nothing has worked because when I start DCS it does show the Thrustmaster category virtual in the control category.

Can anyone help me get this loaded up properly.

Thanks ahead.

I suspect you're on a wrong path here, first entry line goes to DCS.exe and the second goes to /BIN

Third is the name of the profile. I can do a Twitch Stream of it for example if you want.

S!

Edited by Lipfert

Most people try to just use the device without the target software.

Please understand I don't use one of those sticks but have hears many times that everything works better if you just let the device be a game controller, then map all buttons directly in DCS.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

It's not necessary to make TARGET recognise DCS. You should just be able to open TARGET, load and run the profile and then run DCS. Assuming this is the 'Fly now' stuff you're trying to get working, it's nothing more than a convenience.

This sounds correct to me. When using TARGET, the stick and throttle are combined into the Thrustmaster Virtual Controller.

I'd suggest ignoring DCS for the time being and using the windows game controllers panel to confirm things are working as intended. Any buttons assigned to the keyboard you should be able to check in notepad or similar.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

It's not necessary to make TARGET recognise DCS. You should just be able to open TARGET, load and run the profile and then run DCS. Assuming this is the 'Fly now' stuff you're trying to get working, it's nothing more than a convenience.

This sounds correct to me. When using TARGET, the stick and throttle are combined into the Thrustmaster Virtual Controller.

I'd suggest ignoring DCS for the time being and using the windows game controllers panel to confirm things are working as intended. Any buttons assigned to the keyboard you should be able to check in notepad or similar.

+1

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

No i don't.

No i don't.

I see where your confusion is coming on the multiple threads.

This thread was started for help with running the TARGET GUI. This is a totally different subject or hurdle should I say to solving the Radar Cursor.

I started this thread because I was having problems loading up or setting up the Fly Now! load up screen. Didn't realize that you didn't need to use the Fly Now. Your controllers would emulate the last setup you put in.

AF1QipOkRzy2a1YROnq-w6eVu9wdP9_i2yJOb1-2htK6

Sorry still can't get the pictures to load up onto the forum.

Guess I have to research that next..jeeeshh!!

AF1QipOkRzy2a1YROnq-w6eVu9wdP9_i2yJOb1-2htK6

Edited by msmith301

Are you using the TARGET GUI or scripting? I'm guessing the GUI.

A lot of people have problems with TARGET and don't use it for that reason.

I used to use the GUI but now script, it's pretty powerful and can make a huge difference to the versatility of the HOTAS. Personally I'd gladly pay for a similar generic keymapper, let alone the axes, but there is nothing out there that comes close to it, especially if you persevere and take the time to learn the script.

As far as your problem, as already said, don't try to get TARGET to recognise anything. Just put in your keybinds and make up a profile, then run it.

Open up DCS and it will recognize the profile automatically. I've never tried to get TARGET to recognize anything.

You can check if the keybinds are working using the included Event Tester which is also in the TARGET package

In your settings you'll see that the individual TM compents have disappeared and been combined into a TM virtual controller.

TARGET can be a bit finicky at times but overall for me it works really well

Edited by Weegie

Sorry still can't get the pictures to load up onto the forum.

Guess I have to research that next..jeeeshh!!

Why not just upload them? Use the 'manage attachments' button below the reply box.

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

Are you using the TARGET GUI or scripting? I'm guessing the GUI.

A lot of people have problems with TARGET and don't use it for that reason.

I used to use the GUI but now script, it's pretty powerful and can make a huge difference to the versatility of the HOTAS. Personally I'd gladly pay for a similar generic keymapper, let alone the axes, but there is nothing out there that comes close to it, especially if you persevere and take the time to learn the script.

As far as your problem, as already said, don't try to get TARGET to recognise anything. Just put in your keybinds and make up a profile, then run it.

Open up DCS and it will recognize the profile automatically. I've never tried to get TARGET to recognize anything.

You can check if the keybinds are working using the included Event Tester which is also in the TARGET package

In your settings you'll see that the individual TM compents have disappeared and been combined into a TM virtual controller.

TARGET can be a bit finicky at times but overall for me it works really well

I'm starting to see that.

The one issue I did have with running the TARGET GUI in DCS is anytime you try to modify your controls in the DCS control panel while you have the TARGET GUI running in the background no matter what you select for your keys when you hit the OK button in DCS it adds the mouse button #1 to the profile so I just had to shut it off so it wouldn't keep doing that.

Yup, as attached tumbnail (but that is fine).

(if you want to show screenshots in full, upload them to an all access place (like IMGUR or so) and place the link here between image tags. Thumbnails are fine but you don't have that big of a space here on the forum.

Best thing to change profiles "on the go" is alt-tab out of DCS (put it temporarily in window mode, makes it easier), stop the script from running, make a change, run the script again and then alt-tab back into DCS and change there if needed.