Case 3, holding pattern / Race Track or Circle ?

ex81

Hi,

simple question:

MUST I fly a race pattern or is it up to me to only be right in time for COMMENCING ?

What if I fly a circle ?

What goes up, must come down !

Intel Core i7-8700, 16 GB-RAM, Nvidia GTX 1060, 6 GB GDDR5, 1TB HDD, 500 GB 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD, Windows 10/64, A10-C, Rhino X55, Persian Golf, F/A-18 Hornet

Hi,

simple question:

MUST I fly a race pattern or is it up to me to only be right in time for COMMENCING ?

What if I fly a circle ?

You do not have to. Realize left turns are standard, but you can do any shape of pattern you like. You could even turn right to fix something (I.e S-turns) if you need to.

Left hand, 250knots 30AOB (depends on wind correction) Race track, 1 minute straight and level leg although you can turn before the one minute to make your commence time.

However, I have got to the stack and flown a 360 at the 22DME to get on my commence time.

Thatch

Left hand, 250knots 30AOB (depends on wind correction) Race track, 1 minute straight and level leg although you can turn before the one minute to make your commence time.

However, I have got to the stack and flown a 360 at the 22DME to get on my commence time.

Thatch

This is not required. This is a valid technique, but by no means the “standard.” There is I officially standard pattern. The only thing that’s standardized is left hand turns, and even that can be deviated from.