I’m not demanding, really.

Tokoyami

ED,

I love you and this wonderful simulation you work so hard to produce for us. We have such wonderful times because of you - thank you!

I mean that. Every word. I also need you to hear me that I’m getting pretty frustrated with SC and the state that it’s in. So much so, I’ve essentially stopped flying my F-18 because, why bother? Other modules can drop ATG ordinance and everything works. I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to spend twenty minutes carefully obsessing about a mission, the load out, the path in and out, setting up the radios, the avionics, making sure SRS is working, getting the cockpit setup and configured only to be notified that while in the chalks with one engine running, canopy up, completely motionless that I have just kamakazied everyone on the deck and outright destroyed a few of my deck mates, I’m now missing a wing and everyone’s pissed off.

Ya gotta fix this ED, and now. I understand not having the RR ready as an early access, but the rubber banding issue is unacceptable and remains so. I can work with you, I’m a patient guy. I need to be respected however, and treated as though my experience matters to you. I don’t want more than I paid for, I simply want basic functionality at this point. I can wait for the really shiny stuff. That was the deal. Early access is missing some features, got that, understood, two bags full, no problem. However, we never agreed SC would be missing basic functionality. Some features, yes. Basic functionality? No, never.

Said with love, fix this and do it now. Enough with the excuses.

Edited by Tokoyami

I dont get it. What exactly needs fixing?

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin:

4 weeks ago people were offering their daughters virginity to play with the super carrier. Now that its out, here comes the “me too” crowd.

For f@ck sake....

I9 (5Ghz turbo)2080ti 64Gb 3200 ram. 3 drives. A sata 2tb storage and 2 M.2 drives. 1 is 1tb, 1 is 500gb.

Valve Index, Virpil t50 cm2 stick, t50 base and v3 throttle w mini stick. MFG crosswind pedals.

I read it again. I still dont get it. Guess thats why you should stay offline while drunk.

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

He has an issue with the rubber banding, that’s clear. And it was respectfully and nicely stated.....what’s the problem? People should be able to query behaviour and ask for fixes without getting jumped on in these situations.

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

He has an issue with the rubber banding, that’s clear. And it was respectfully and nicely stated.....what’s the problem? People should be able to query behaviour and ask for fixes without getting jumped on in these situations.

That may be, but he shlould check the drivers of his network card and his graphics card first or look into a ping enhancer like kill ping before jumping on ED. Since I personaly have not read about it yet it seem smore likley that his setup is the issue. If he wants help, he can ask.

"fix this, and do it now" - Yes, they will put their top coder on the issiue, just because you say so.

Edited by OPEC

While rubberbanding on the carrier isn’t an issue for me the last few patches (it got much better lately), the fact that his aircraft gets destroyed on the deck because of latency issues isn’t “his” problem. ED, as well as any other game developer, knows that people have different connections. The code should be written in such a way that it assumes aircraft wouldn’t suddenly start moving erratically on deck, and guard for it. There are multiple ways of solving this, either in the way aircraft position is synchronized and movement is predicted over the network, how aircraft on deck have their position specified in relation to their parent transform (i.e the carrier) instead of world position, or even (as a quick and dirty fix) have a relaxed collision detection between aircraft on deck, always, or only if lag is identified.

Writing code catering for poor connections is not trivial. But it’s part of developing any multiplayer game. Some lag issues are technically impossible to fix, but this is not one of them.

Isn't rubberbanding a network issue? I'm not sure how you'd fix it, maybe hold the aircraft as it was initially moving until a stable connection is reestablished?

I've never had rubber banding or other issues unless my network was being funny (which it can be, a lot)

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Thats what Im trying to say. First check our stuff, then jump on ED. As far as I know its mostly network relatetd, also it could also be a bug. But first and foremost make shure everything on your side works, before blaming ED.

An interesting thing I have noticed with some of the servers that people are running and complain about rubber banding is that there appears to be an issue with virtual servers vs bear metal. Of course the cost difference is quite large in running them so people pick the virual machines.

I am currently convinced this causes massive lag spikes constantly. Somebody in my group upped a decent dedicated server and we have never seen it lag at all in the last 3-4 weeks. Unless of course the mission has been running for several days.....

From what I can tell from personal experience of being a sw dev is there is a timing issue being created on some server's which is what causes the rubber banding and this is because the clocks are running significantly out of whack between the clients and servers.

Note: Most of this is an educated guess about the VM problem because I have seen VM's clock rates drift at rates of several seconds per minute. This also explains why the rubber banding is periodic and not random in games! Seriously time them...!

• ED Team
ED,

I love you and this wonderful simulation you work so hard to produce for us. We have such wonderful times because of you - thank you!

I mean that. Every word. I also need you to hear me that I’m getting pretty frustrated with SC and the state that it’s in. So much so, I’ve essentially stopped flying my F-18 because, why bother? Other modules can drop ATG ordinance and everything works. I can’t tell you how frustrating it is to spend twenty minutes carefully obsessing about a mission, the load out, the path in and out, setting up the radios, the avionics, making sure SRS is working, getting the cockpit setup and configured only to be notified that while in the chalks with one engine running, canopy up, completely motionless that I have just kamakazied everyone on the deck and outright destroyed a few of my deck mates, I’m now missing a wing and everyone’s pissed off.

Ya gotta fix this ED, and now. I understand not having the RR ready as an early access, but the rubber banding issue is unacceptable and remains so. I can work with you, I’m a patient guy. I need to be respected however, and treated as though my experience matters to you. I don’t want more than I paid for, I simply want basic functionality at this point. I can wait for the really shiny stuff. That was the deal. Early access is missing some features, got that, understood, two bags full, no problem. However, we never agreed SC would be missing basic functionality. Some features, yes. Basic functionality? No, never.

Said with love, fix this and do it now. Enough with the excuses.

Thanks for the feedback.

The team are working hard on bug fixing at the moment and we have a planned update for the 15th of July for open beta. After we can focus harder on individual projects like the super carrier, we still have new features to bring and optimisations to make.

Please remember this is early access and it will take time.

I am closing the thread as you have given your feedback and it is turning to insults.

Thank you.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2