Annoying Windows 10 2004 problem--Monitor won't Stand By with USB flight stick!

As per title. I'm using Leo Bodnar's USB control circuit for my HOTAS, which shows up in Windows as a generic HID-Compliant Game Controller.

After updating to Windows 10 build 2004, now the bleeping monitor won't turn off and stay off! I have the Sleep button on my keyboard set up to turn off the monitor, and it refuses to stay off! It just comes back on again after about 1 second.

Also, the monitor will not turn off after the 15 minutes of inactivity I have it set to in the Power Plan.

Unplugging my HOTAS fixes it, but I'll be royally futtbucked if I'm gonna do that every single time I finish playing some DCS because I'll just wear out the USB ports. Also, going into Device Manager and disabling the HOTAS, then re-enabling it, also fixes it. My HOTAS works fine, and monitor standby works too--until the next time I reboot my computer!

Anyone have any bright ideas? I've scoured the Web looking for useful crap, but all I get is un-useful crap.

Do anyone know how these infernal computers actually *work*, and as such, is able to help me fix this stupid rubbish?

(Sorry for my tone here, but this is pure distilled liquid pigshit!)

AD

Edited by Aluminum Donkey

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

It's not just 2004, many been having that issue since last fall. Google will show it's a very common problem and usually seems to be gamepad/joystick hardware that causes it. But it doesn't affect everyone so finding a fix is hit or miss. Gave up on fixing it really, and just put my PC to sleep with button and leave it as is.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

Long shot: for shiggles make sure the HOTAS is plugged into a USB directly on the motherboard and not a USB hub or add-in card or some other device acting as a USB hub.

"Windows is gonna Windows"

It's plugged into a rear USB port directly on the motherboard--they're the only ones I have.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

It's not just 2004, many been having that issue since last fall. Google will show it's a very common problem and usually seems to be gamepad/joystick hardware that causes it. But it doesn't affect everyone so finding a fix is hit or miss. Gave up on fixing it really, and just put my PC to sleep with button and leave it as is.

I found lots of people griping about it. Some people say it's related to Nvidia GeForce Experience, but I don't use that.

Disabling my HOTAS in Device Manager and re-enabling it fixes the problem until the next time I boot up. What an unholy pain in the tush.

It only started happening when I updated to 2004, though.

AD

Kit:

I've been living with this for years. The only solution for me is to disable all game controllers from Device Manager. With or without GeForce Experience makes no difference.

Ryzen 5900X (Water), 64GB DDR4@3600CL16, RTX 3090 (Water), U4021QW, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB, 2x1000GB RAID 1, 2000GB,

Thrustmaster Warthog + MFG Crosswind, Reverb G2 V2