Dear RAZBAM...

Captain Orso

Dear RAZBAM,

I appreciate all the work and effort you are putting into your products. As with everything in life, there is always room for improvement.

I would behoove you to take some few steps in presenting a professional organization, starting with deciding and presenting a single point from which all information can be found. I recently discovered that newer iterations of the pocket guide are presented for download on the RAZBAM internet site. This information is completely missing from the ED/DCS forum, which is where I would expect to find such information.

After downloading this hidden gem, I discovered that there is no publication information; neither publication date nor version or document number, so I cannot tell which document is newer. This is kind of the A and O of publishing documentations and something no professional organization would neglect.

I've often read references to statements made in Discord or on other platforms. If it is of any importance, having said it on Discord is worthless and lost to the world except for a very tiny number of individuals who may have see it at the time. This is one of the best ways to alienate your customers who are then left out in the rain and feel like 'second class in the eyes of RAZBAM', because you impart your information on the select few. This is one of the reasons I find Discord to be one of the worst PERIOD ways to disseminate PERIOD information PERIOD ever invented PERIOD. At the very best it's good for a pre-mission chat room, and nothing more. At any rate, for information, which if forgotten tomorrow, it would not bother a single person. The forum makes a perfectly good platform for doing a dev blog and presenting thoughts and less formal information, and being centrally located accessible to all - which means, everyone knows where to find it, which can only increase the usefulness of the information.

I hope you will take a moment to consider these thoughts and take them to heart.

Most respectfully

Captain Orso

• Like 5

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Seems to me personally that they need to take this forum by the scruff of the neck and do some major reorganisation. The stickies are all over the place. We have change logs once updates are pushed out but have to scratch around for dev logs or updates on progress for specific issues/features in discord or on the FB page, if we even get them in the first place.

This isn't even touching the seemingly ignored community bug tracker, which you would think would be one of the most useful tools RAZBAM have available to them.

I understand there are many challenges and complexities involved in developing a module but in many cases just an acknowledgement of problems and an update on progress is almost as good as a fix, at least for me.

• ED Team
They don't visit this forum any more, they prefer other forums where they get full control and ban to whoever complains about their add-ons.

Please dont make stuff up, DECOY is active on the forum.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 years later...
On 6/20/2020 at 6:49 PM, Captain Orso said:

I would behoove you to take some few steps in presenting a professional organization, starting with deciding and presenting a single point from which all information can be found. I recently discovered that newer iterations of the pocket guide are presented for download on the RAZBAM internet site. This information is completely missing from the ED/DCS forum, which is where I would expect to find such information.

Although I would expect to find such information in the module installation itself, I just had a similar experience when I was looking for documentation of the different modes of the DECM pod and discovered that the respective chapter is completely missing in the pocket guide that comes with the module. It was then brought to my attention that there exists a more complete version of the pocket guide on the internet and after searching for quite a while I found it here: https://www.facebook.com/RazbamSims/posts/the-pocket-guide-has-been-updatedthis-is-the-last-update-before-release-the-guid/1531488403604459/
This version actually has the chapter on the DECM operation modes that I was looking for, but why for god's sake is this more complete version of the Pocket Guide not included in the module installation itself???

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 3

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

This is, why I suggested, to include third party documentations on the DCS-Homepage (and make sure, that it is up to date).

I mean, I get that it's third party content, but this content can exclusively be used in the DCS infrastructure.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

2 minutes ago, Hiob said:

This is, why I suggested, to include third party documentations on the DCS-Homepage (and make sure, that it is up to date).

I mean, I get that it's third party content, but this content can exclusively be used in the DCS infrastructure.

But then please only in addition to the module installation itself, as imho the module installation should the the #1 place for such docs.

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 4

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

But then please only in addition to the module installation itself, as imho the module installation should the the #1 place for such docs.

Yes, obviously! But the problem is, sometimes (holidays) you cannot access your game folder but may want to study the manuals. There should definitely be an online source. They can put it behind a login if they don't want it to be totally public.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

1 hour ago, Hiob said:

Yes, obviously! But the problem is, sometimes (holidays) you cannot access your game folder but may want to study the manuals. There should definitely be an online source. They can put it behind a login if they don't want it to be totally public.

Well, the more complete Pocket Guide I was talking about (that has the chapter on DECM operation) is not available in either of the two locations, just on the facebook link... @myHelljumper

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Tornado3 small.jpg

2 hours ago, QuiGon said:

Well, the more complete Pocket Guide I was talking about (that has the chapter on DECM operation) is not available in either of the two locations, just on the facebook link... @myHelljumper

Which is a failure. I absolutely agree. Facebook and Discord are not suitable archives.

• Like 2