Viacom Pro and Bailey's F14 profile issues

sobe

I have been using VP for awhile. I also bought the VP add-on for Jester, however I prefer to have the Jester wheel so I have tried Bailey's F14 profile by means of the "include commands from other profiles" box in the options menu.

I have done this with Bailey's F18 profile for VA for some time and have had no issues. However, when I try to do this with Bailey's F14 profile, VP (and Bailey's F14 profile) stop working.

I don't know why there appears to be a difference between using Bailey's F14 and F18 profile, but there appears to be so.

Any thoughts?

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Hollywood

That may be so, but Bailey's profile also contains some great regular plane commands that are nice to have.

As an aside, with my donation, Bailey just bought your promo package so we will get his input soon.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

• 5 months later...

I have also had issues with using both Viacom pro/Jester and Bailey's F14 programs and after much experimenting, I just go with Bailey's F14 profile without Viacom.  With the update yesterday perhaps now that Bailey has Viacom, he can re-look at the two programs and see if they can work together.  If not, hopefully Bailey will just update his F14 profile. 

I haven't used Bailey's F-14 profile so could well be talking outta my ass here, but some thing's to keep in mind.

I am ASS-umming you have Vaicom as the primary Profile with Bailey's F-14 profile appended, I've found that to get stuff to work well, it's best not to append too many profiles, ideally only one.

As Vaicom is the primary if you use a phrase in Bailey's profile that's also in Vaicom, Vaicom will "grab" it and not pass it through to Bailey's profile. Check the VA window to see what's happening with a command that's giving you trouble. You can also check in the Vaicom editor to see if the words are in the Key Phrases.

With Bailey's profile you could change the "When I Say" to another phrase to get it recognized, or simply delete that phrase out of the profile.

Another option is to run Bailey's profile as primary and Vaicom as appended, it's not recommended but it shouldn't break anything and you can just swap it back if it doesn't work.

Can you give some examples of the problems as it's kinda hard to troubleshoot the problems without any specifics?