Realsimulator F-18CGRH is available for preorder

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how come there is no paddle?

Good question. I dunno but I’ll ask Dragon about this. Does the real F-18E stick have a paddle? (looks like it does but not attached to the grip). We'll have clarification soon.

Edited by Supmua

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

yeah I wondered about that too......

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

Ok the grip does not have a paddle. Dragon said that it is supposed to be an exact replica and the paddle is not directly attached to the grip in the real thing.

He argues that paddle on grip would change the ergonomics of the device and would not make it a true replica grip otherwise. If there is enough demand however he could make some sort of a special add-on later.

Let me know what you think, and also voice your concern in Realsim forum.

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

I wouldn't argue with anyone, but just look at the DCS F18 Flightmaual and Chuck's guide where the padel is on the stick

also TM produced a replica one/ one of the stick of F18 with a padel under Beoing licence, I admit that I am a little confused.

The only explnation here The RS F18 stick is the replica of F/A-18E Super Hornet while in DCS we have F/A-18C ,so maybe !

In addition, here after in the Redkite video link, you will see that it explains that there is a padel and its functions on the ground and in the air.

That said, I use the RS F16SGRH-CE on an FSSB-R3 lighting bought on last November and another second FSSB-R3 lighting with a warthog stick and I am very pleased with both of them

Edited by gholi

Realsimulator F-18CGRH is available for preorder

The paddle isn’t part of the grip. If you look at the hinge it’s actually attached to the base below the attachment knob unlike the F-16 counterpart, unless you want to define that bottom trapezoid compartment as part of the grip also.

Personally sure I’d like to have the paddle, but I also understand the company’s philosophical stance. Dragon said that if he’s gonna do a paddle then it has to be done right without compromising the original design of the grip.

I will check out the test unit then let’s see how it goes in terms of usability.

PS: He is also hinting that he’s working on a throttle :)

Edited by Supmua

PS: He is also hinting that he’s working on a throttle :)

May i ask what kind of throttle? Hornet replica?

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

May i ask what kind of throttle? Hornet replica?

It is most likely the Viper throttle, a lot of people here have shown interest months ago and many of us have been pestering them about it.

They already have the professional version so we know they are fully capable of a home version. They also created the TUSBA conversion kit for the Thrustmaster Cougar years ago.

Found another replica from a different company, Aerotronics. Notice it doesn't have a paddle switch either. Perhaps a real Hornet pilot on this forum could chime in. So now I understand Dragon's perspective of not wanting to change the original design, and yeah if there's going to be a paddle then it's gonna be some sort an add-on component.

http://www.aerotronicsllc.com/f18FLCS.htm

F18FLCS2.jpg

Edited by Supmua

It is most likely the Viper throttle, a lot of people here have shown interest months ago and many of us have been pestering them about it.

They already have the professional version so we know they are fully capable of a home version. They also created the TUSBA conversion kit for the Thrustmaster Cougar years ago.

Makes sense though. I'd prefer a Hornet replica throttle, but a Viper throttle is very welcome too. It hopefully will fit Warthog throttle mounts...

Phanteks EvolvX / Win 11 / i9 12900K / MSI Z690 Carbon / MSI Suprim RTX 3090 / 64GB G.Skill Trident Z  DDR5-6000 / 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB PCIe 3.0 NVMe SSD / 2TB SATA SSD / 1TB SATA SSD / Alphacool Eisbaer Aurora Pro 360 / beQuiet StraightPower 1200W

RSEAT S1 / VPC T50 CM2 + 300mm extension + Realsimulator F18 CGRH / VPC WarBRD + TM Warthog grip / WinWing F/A-18 Super Taurus / 4x TM Cougar MFD / TM TPR / HP Reverb G2

Makes sense though. I'd prefer a Hornet replica throttle, but a Viper throttle is very welcome too. It hopefully will fit Warthog throttle mounts...

Well if you are looking for a Hornet replica, there already is a very good one--Winwing Super Taurus (quite mouthful, lol, but don't let the name fool you it is quite excellent).

Edited by Supmua

Well if you are looking for a Hornet replica, there already is a very good one--Winwing Super Taurus (quite mouthful, lol, but don't let the name fool you it is quite excellent).

Yes, i know about the Winwing throttle and i'd love to get it. But sadly it will never fit into my simrig, no matter what i try. I even considered weilding a DIY solution, but it's simply impossible to make it fit because the throttle is too tall. I already accepted the fact that there will be no Hornet throttle for me and i have to stick with the mid-class WH throttle for each aircraft. It was just some upcoming hope after reading your post about a Realsimulator throttle beeing in developement... Well, at least i can expect one for flying the Viper. That's nice too.

I don't like see extreme pricing like this. Hopefully it doesn't drive the other options to a higher price point, its already way over board.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Yes, i know about the Winwing throttle and i'd love to get it. But sadly it will never fit into my simrig, no matter what i try. I even considered weilding a DIY solution, but it's simply impossible to make it fit because the throttle is too tall. I already accepted the fact that there will be no Hornet throttle for me and i have to stick with the mid-class WH throttle for each aircraft. It was just some upcoming hope after reading your post about a Realsimulator throttle beeing in developement... Well, at least i can expect one for flying the Viper. That's nice too.

Did you see the desktop throttle from Bugeyetech? Might be something that fits your setup, likely very expensive though since they don’t list the price.

https://www.bugeyetech.com/f-18-throttle-and-grip

1e0655_47ff18eb0b6a48218b456b03b4f366b6.png

I want a Typhoon throttle/stick

http://www.reiser-systemtechnik.info/typhoon-hotas.html

Will likely cost thousands.

I'm addicted to military flight sims for more than 25 years now, but tbh i have never heard of bugeye technologies. Just checked their homepage and they seem to have some nice high quality stuff, especially the Hornet D and F throttle for the WSO seem to fit my needs. But this all looks like professional/commercial grade hardware propably in the 1000€+ price range, + shipping from the US to germany. Same for the Typhoon HOTAS, propably an excellent piece of hardware. But as you said, there is a reason why Reiser and Bugeye don't list the price online. That stuff is made in USA/Germany, not in China. I'd have no pain with spending 500 or 600€ + shipping for an excellent Hornet throttle replica, but the Bugeye throttle will most likely be double the price. The legacy Hornet is my all time favorite fighter jet and i'm a bit frustrated of not having a Hornet throttle replica while other lucky ppl can gladly enjoy their Winwing hotas, but not enough yet to get something in the (assumed) Bugeye Tech price range...

But still, thank you very much for your effort. At least it gave me some hope, that there are options for me to get one some day. I saved the Bugeye homepage to my favorites, who knows...

cheers

Probably not, because they were aiming at making it a replica of the real thing.

I see, but as I was searching for real F-18E stick grip it has smooth surface, overall looks is somewhat different and also has trim marking, and this RealSim stick just looks like unfinished product.

Buy the TM or Winwing version then.........I have a cheap one of either I am looking to sell.....

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Virpil CM3 base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

I should have a preproduction unit to play with in 1-2 wk, will be able to answer specific questions after that. This stick isn’t meant for the mass due to price, bluetooth component, and lack of paddle switch. It is designed to appeal toward Realsim fans and is modeled after their professional simpit version. TM and WINWING sticks will be more than good enough for 90% of the people out there.

I don’t have WINWING stick but I’m tempted now that they will be making a TM adapter for it.

TM Hornet grip is fine and I really like mine. My minor nitpicks: it is a tad too heavy for most bases out there, the WP RL and the Undesignate buttons are a little stiff, and the AIM-9 mode switch (pressing down) is hard to activate on my unit.

TM Hornet grip is fine and I really like mine. My minor nitpicks: it is a tad too heavy for most bases out there, the WP RL and the Undesignate buttons are a little stiff, and the AIM-9 mode switch (pressing down) is hard to activate on my unit.

I will be interested to hear a comparison of the weight of the Realsimulator version - I can't imagine it will be much lighter, if at all??

I’d have to actually weigh them to be certain, but the RS F-16 grip is NOTICEABLY lighter than the TM Warthog grip.

I imagine the same will be true for the Hornet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DEFENSOR FORTIS

Spoiler

Systems: Falcon NW Talon: Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX 3090 FE; Falcon NW Mach V: Core i7 3930K @3.2GHz, 32GB DDR3, GTX 1080 FE

Cockpit: MonsterTech MTX F, 42" 4K TV, HP Reverb G2, Oculus Rift S, PointCTRL

Controls: RS F16SGRH CE, RS F18CGRH, VPC T-50CM2, VFX, WarBRD (Grips); VPC T-50CM2, RS FSSB R3L (Bases); Winwing F/A-18C, VPC T-50CM3, VPC T-50CM, TM Warthog, Cougar (Throttles); VPC ACE2 (Rudders)

I’d have to actually weigh them to be certain, but the RS F-16 grip is NOTICEABLY lighter than the TM Warthog grip.

I imagine the same will be true for the Hornet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you have both,I'm interested on how you find The Trigger and Button input and feel compared to The TM Warthog?

Patrick

mini.gif