Bomb crater "Mod"

2win_TOWR

This is great :) BTW i just noticed theres a file conflict in MODMAN between this mod and tekateka's Vehicle LOD mod (VORONKI.tga) will this be a problem?

Either way, its fantastic that we are blessed with yet another talented modder in the lockon community :thumbup:

This is great :) BTW i just noticed theres a file conflict in MODMAN between this mod and tekateka's Vehicle LOD mod (VORONKI.tga) will this be a problem?

Either way, its fantastic that we are blessed with yet another talented modder in the lockon community :thumbup:

i noticed the same conflict here .

hope that can be fixed up .

great mod .

cheers .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

yep same here unfortunately, I'm afraid Teka's mod wins at the moment, hope it can be sorted so we can use both

Remember the 346 Fire Fighters, Medics & Police who died on 9-11.......

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Due to physical incapacity my Wife types my post's for me

There shouldn't be. They're two different file names, right? (I'm at work and can't double check.) Just make sure you uninstall in the reverse order of your install--last, first--should you ever want to back things out.

Rich

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Tested it and found out the Problem is only in Modman, not ingame.

The improved LOD-effects are still existing and the Crater-textures too.

Just make sure you have installed TekaTeka´s Mod first and then the Craters-Mod.

I think, important is that the new modellod.txt -file is installed.

Quote "Just make sure you have installed TekaTekaґs Mod first and then the Craters-Mod".

My original install was with Teka's mod first and then yours I've tried it dfferent times and it is still conflicting

Selective memory is a wonderful thing, especially when certain posts simply disappear into the ether never to be seen again, unless I have a copy of the original post copied and pasted into word documents and saved .... just in case :)

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Do you have a conflict in Game or just in Modman?

You can ignore the Modman conflict!!

look at these shots:

the details of the destroyed Planes is one feature of the Lod-mod (if i´m not wrong) and it works fine together with the craters.

(even so the visibility of vehicles)

in this case you see the "TOR" from a Distance of about 1300m and no "Box" is visible.

In the last shot you can see same scene/Distance but without the VehicleLOD-Mod and you clearly see the old LOD settings.

So, it works!!

ScreenShot_026.thumb.jpg.8a6e33b2731aed9c01b2c4b197610102.jpg

ScreenShot_034.thumb.jpg.243af50a151fdebc0208ac7d3e1d9f7b.jpg

ScreenShot_032.thumb.jpg.c5498e428d25d2f071b78ba6eac408cb.jpg

Quote "Just make sure you have installed TekaTekaґs Mod first and then the Craters-Mod".

My original install was with Teka's mod first and then yours I've tried it dfferent times and it is still conflicting

TekaTeka's mod installs two files: 1) VORONKI.TGA in DDS format (which, per TT's instructions, ModMan imports into the Bazar\World\WorldTexturesTGA.cdds) and modellod.txt (a revised version) into the Bazar folder. The interesting thing is that TekaTeka's version of VORONKI.TGA and the default are identical. So the real work in his mod is being done by modellod.txt. That's the file that tells the sim at what distance to switch from the LOD to a more detailed model.

2win_TOWR's mod replaces VORONKI.TGA with a different version. But rather than importing it into Bazar\World\WorldTexturesTGA.cdds, he simply has ModMan toss it into TempTextures where it will be read first.

So by installing TekaTeka's mod first, you will get the revised modellod.txt which alters the LOD distances. By installing 2win_TOWR's mod second, you will get the modded craters. VORONKI.TGA contains the crater and destroyed aircraft images:

VORONKI.jpg

2win_TOWR altered the upper two left bomb craters. The rest appear to be default. In TekaTeka's mod, everything looks identical to the default file.

Rich

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Ok it's a new day and I'm home from work, I have now tried this install 6 seperate times ( thats just today ) have tried with Tekas Mod first and then 2win_Towr's, then 2win_ Towr's and then Teka's, the mod is still not working correctly. Obviously I'd like to use both............ help please

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Just above your post ;)

Ironhand had explained it

So by installing TekaTeka's mod first, you will get the revised modellod.txt which alters the LOD distances. By installing 2win_TOWR's mod second, you will get the modded craters.

It's absolutly normal to have tekteka mod in Yellow color in Modman (with VORONKI.TGA in red :))

both mods are ok ingame

Ok it's a new day and I'm home from work, I have now tried this install 6 seperate times ( thats just today ) have tried with Tekas Mod first and then 2win_Towr's, then 2win_ Towr's and then Teka's, the mod is still not working correctly. Obviously I'd like to use both............ help please

Which mod is missing? What are or are you not seeing? Let's forget ModMan for the moment and do it by hand:

1) Unzip both mods into their own folders.

2) Copy/Paste 2win_ Towr's VORONKI.TGA into Bazar\TempTextures.

3) Copy/Paste TekaTeka's modellod.txt into the Bazar folder.

You should now have both mods. If not, then something else is going on. Are you using any FPS mods?

Just in case your original files are screwed up because of installing and uninstalling, here are the original defaults: Recovery Files.

Rich

_____

Thanks for a quick reply Guys, trying now

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Ok opened Tekas Mod and I have 4 files

!. Addon ,lma

2 Bomb Holes JPEG

3 READ ME

4 smoke table

where is the modellod.txt ?????

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Ok opened Tekas Mod and I have 4 files

!. Addon ,lma

2 Bomb Holes JPEG

3 READ ME

4 smoke table

where is the modellod.txt ?????

Sh_t! We've been talking about two different mods. Mustang's "conflict" question referenced TekaTeka's Vehicle LOD mod. And that's what we were talking about. Your conflict concerns TekaTeka's Bomb Holes Visibility Mod--at least those are the files you're referencing. There still shouldn't be an issue, though. Dump smoketable.sht into the BAZAR folder, if you want to manually install it TekaTeka's Bomb Holes Visibility Mod.

Here's a copy of the original default file in case you need it: SmokeTable.sht

Rich

_____

Ok sorry to confuse everyone .... now everything works ... Thanks Guys appreciate the help, thats hopefully the end of my dumba** questions for today at least ... I'll go sulk in the corner and watch your Training Vid's Rich ............. wishing I was flying the Crimean Tour

Am I an abusive idiot ?

Ok sorry to confuse everyone .... now everything works ... Thanks Guys appreciate the help, thats hopefully the end of my dumba** questions for today at least ... I'll go sulk in the corner and watch your Training Vid's Rich ............. wishing I was flying the Crimean Tour

I think your cool Brum, that was a funny reply in good humour.....real people behind the screen eh! :) (hic)

Mizzy

I think your cool Brum, that was a funny reply in good humour.....real people behind the screen eh! :) (hic)

Good old English Humour or for our American listeners Humor, Ouch my Texan / American Wife just slapped me for that comment... been ages since I've been 'cool' the kids will be impressed lol

Am I an abusive idiot ?