Engine & Cockpit Sounds Fix Mod

sedenion

• 7 months later...

New 1.1 version released for this mod. No much change, but some nice (i hope) adjustments:

- Adjusting exterior and interior engine sound
- Adding warning tones by ThirtykayDEC
- Redone Gear Warning tone
- All tones normalized to -6 dB

Also, this version is now Open Mod Manager compliant.

More details and download links here : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=278944

• 8 months later...

New 1.3 version release for this mod. This version mainly revisit the interiror engine sound and redone and adjust some beeps and tones.

v1.3 (2021-10-06) for DCS World 2.5.7
- New interior engine/systems sound
- Redone some beep with adjusted dB and soft square waves
- Clean unused files

Download links here : https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=278944

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi,

Since some people had complain about cockpit sound setup and Mirage 2000 sound setup has changed, I took the opportunity to remake this mod. From the current Mirage 2000 sound stage (DCS World 2.8.6), here are main changes :

• New compressor flow (whistle), turbine flow (rumble) and thrust (roar) engine soud, created from real Mirage 2000 samples
  • New synthetized alarm tones with calibrated volumes (-6dB)
  • Cockpit engine sounds is now properly located at back of the pilot
  • Cockpit engine sounds mixing and effect modified to increase "power" sensation
  • Cockpit noises, clicks and throttle gain are adjusted and dimmed
  • Starting sounds gain adjusted to be louder
  • Sounds position, audition sphere and cone are adjusted and a bit rationalized

Download link in the initial post of this topic, here

Hope you enjoy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, sedenion said:

Mirage 2000 sound setup has changed, I took the opportunity to remake this mod.

thanks a lot for updating your Mod, I’m not currently flying the Mirage 2000, but will try your new version just to hear myself how it sounds 🙂

Cheers 👍

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you very much Mr. Sedenion I downloaded your new sound mod for the M2000 and I installed it hummmm it changes everything about the immersion of the flight, it makes you dream Thank you again and again because it was needed👍👏🖖🤩

• Like 2

Hello Mr Sedinion.
I find your 2000 c sound mod superb but is it finished? or will there be updates to improve it and bring it even closer to the real thing?
Thank you again for your time spent and making us happy🤗

28 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

Hello Mr Sedinion.
I find your 2000 c sound mod superb but is it finished? or will there be updates to improve it and bring it even closer to the real thing?
Thank you again for your time spent and making us happy🤗

For now I do not plan to update engine sound, at least not much. Notice that I cannot add new sounds with new behaviors for example, I can only modify existing "slots" handled by the module DLL.

Hi,

After some user feedback and suggestion, I made is a new version with a new intakes whirring sound (taken from a real in-cockpit Mirage 2000 footage) for the in-cockpit sound ambiance.

The new sound is similar to what PLUTON suggest above but was extracted from sequences where Mirage 2000 is steady on runway with full dry throttle (so to prevent as possible parasitic sounds)

Changes logs for this version :

• New in-cockpit intakes whirring sound
  • Adjusting some gain mixing for in-cockpit ambience

Download link in the initial post of this topic, here

Hope you enjoy.

So that's fast reaction
thank you sir sedenion for your work
because I had already sent videos and the people from razbam had replied that it was not the real sound and that those they had made had been approved by real 2000 pilots (hard to believe) because I personally listened to the videos to a pilot from 2000 from the luxeuil base (france) who is a personal friend and he confirmed to me that what we heard in the video was what he heard in the cockpit of the plane except that it was less loud at because of the helmet.
Thank you Mr Sedenion for your help🤩🖖👏

I am coming back to you Mr SEDENION to tell you that I have downloaded your latest sound update for 2000 (from 06/22/23) and I have just flown over PARIS to redo the July 14 demo flight and I found the sound of the video almost at 100% and Honestly I don't think that many DCS pilots go up to fly in the cockpit of a real 2000 to say that in the video it is false or not.
I just listen to the sound of the Air Force videos and the confirmation of my friend who is a real pilot from 2000, who was because now he is a pilot with AIRFRANCE.

Thank you mr SEDENION you have contributed to my happiness and surely to the happiness of other pilots who like me the 2000 is their Number one module
Congratulations🥮

1 hour ago, PLUTON said:

he confirmed to me that what we heard in the video was what he heard in the cockpit of the plane except that it was less loud at because of the helmet.

Yes, the "Hear like in Helmet" option in DCS souds parameters is here for that.

1 hour ago, PLUTON said:

Thank you Mr Sedenion for your help🤩🖖👏

You're welcome.

Hello Mr SEDENION
One quick question please!
How do you change or add a sound on the 2000?
because there is an audible whistle in the cockpit which follows the engine speed and which can be heard distinctly and how I would be interested in having it without making you work for us every time! ,
I might have tried to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help🖖

18 minutes ago, PLUTON said:

Hello Mr SEDENION
One quick question please!
How do you change or add a sound on the 2000?
because there is an audible whistle in the cockpit which follows the engine speed and which can be heard distinctly and how I would be interested in having it without making you work for us every time! ,
I might have tried to do that.

Thanks in advance for your help🖖

Logical engine sound "tracks" are configurable in .sdef files in the "CoreMods\aircraft\M-2000C\Sounds\sdef\Aircrafts\Engines\SnecmaM53P2" folder within the DCS install folder. Interior (in-cockpit) tracks begins with "int-" while exterior tracks begins with "ext-"

Engine sound files are located in "CoreMods\aircraft\M-2000C\Sounds\Effects\Aircrafts\Engines\SnecmaM53P2". Here you will find the sounds itselfs.

You cannot add a logical sound "tracks", they are fixed in hard in the module code, so you have to work with the existing ones. Each logical "track" have its own behavior depending what it is intented to do. For example, some tracks have variable pitch and/or gain (volume) depending engine throttle, other not. So you have to work with what is available. For example "int-compressor-flow-50.sdef" correspond to the compressor whithle sound that have variable pitch and gain according throttle.

For each logical "track" you can assign the sound file you want by changing the "wave = " variable value... either OGG or WAV files are supported. Depending what you want to acheive, you may have to replace original OGG file or create a new OGG/WAV file and edit the proper .sdef file to load the desired OGG/WAV file.

Notice that, in the .sdef files, the "--" are comments mark, which mean everything that is after "--" does not mater, it is not read by interpreter. This is used to leav comments in addition to pertinent code.

Edited by sedenion

I think that what you want is to increase the gain (volume) of the "int-compressor-flow-50.sdef" logical track... so for exemple, to do so, you open this file in a text editor, then change the gain variable value from 0.3 to a greater value, 0.6 for example. Notice that for this sound I have set a specific wave "compressor-flow-50-in" that include vibration. If you want to use the normal wave file (without vibration) set it to "compressor-flow-50" without the final "-in".

If you want to decrase the intake noise you have to edit the "int-combustor.sdef" file and down the gain value from 1.5 to a lower one, like 1.0 for example.

Finaly the "int-thrust.sdef" is also important for in-cockpit sound, you can use it to play another sound than the one I set (intakes-flow-in) and also modify gain and pitch.

Notice that, once you changed an sdef file, DCS must be restarted for the changes to take effect.

Edited by sedenion

Thank you for the detailed explanations, I will try to do and especially to achieve a concrete result.
Yes, the goal is to increase the whistle that we hear (too little) in the cockpit and that it is a little more than perceptible.
Of course I will keep you informed of my results or not.
Don't expect quick news because since my name is not Mr SEDENION I think it will take me time to succeed hahaha.
Thank you again and see you soon🤗

I downloaded this fix 

I'm using JSGME. 

Is there a way to make it sound louder the throttle afterburner detent? 

Thank you 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

2 hours ago, Lenux said:

I downloaded this fix 

I'm using JSGME. 

Is there a way to make it sound louder the throttle afterburner detent? 

Thank you 

You mean, the sound of the throttle control itself, or the engine afterburner ignition sound ?