Roll rate query

Mr_sukebe

I can't help but notice that the roll rate listed in Wiki for the CE2 is 187 degrees/second.

Now I appreciate that it's Wiki, but just looking to sanity check.

Is the roll rate correct in the CE2? Doesn't feel close to 187 degrees/second.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 5 weeks later...

Spencer Suderman has compiled the roll rate of many aerobatic airplanes. According to his findings the roll rate of the CEII is right about 164°/s . Many variables are unknown though.

At the moment, to me the CEII flight model is quite a way off in many aspects including roll rate. The roll rate has some kind of weird acceleration/deceleration going on, making it very unpredictable. These deep flaws lead to the inacuracy of the the flight model and to the discrepancy with the expected behaviour.

Hmmm. Let's hope that this won't be the case for the upcoming F4...

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Well Magnitude has brought some welcome improvements to the mig21 recently.

However looking at the quality of their only module (CEII) and the promisses of fixes for the sound for example running back more than 1 year ago, I have concerns.

The CEII was developped as a test bed for the Corsair. But, in terms of flight model and engine model, the CEII is a fail to me. So let's hope for the best, but I have my doubts...

Magnitude hasn't achieved much so far. I would not like to see them fail, but so far I don't see them succeding.

We have also brought improvements to CE2, including FM and landing gear, though I admit that latter one needs further adjustments as its too soft: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4366643&postcount=98 But its not as if there were no improvements related to CE2.

The reason we've been quiet about CE2 sound update is that person assigned to produce sound samples for it has mysteriously vanished few months ago, without notifying us prior nor informing post the fact. As such, we're looking for a new person who could produce such samples to be used for the module. Unfortunately, not all things went the way we wanted.

• Thanks 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Thank you hiromachi for this clarification.

I did see some tweaks to the flight model. As welcome as these are, I would like to see your team going down to the roots of the problems...

For exemple, the engine model... as of now, the engine acts more or less like a fixed pitch propeller. I can very easily tell it lacks proper engine physics. You can tweak the engine as much as you want to make it more belivable, but it will not fix the fundamental issues with the dynamics.

The CEII isn't that complex in terms of engine. It is just a very common atmospheric piston coupled to a constant speed propeller. Yet, right now, the simulation is off...

I think similar stuff is going on in terms of aerodynamics.

So...I will allways encourage the improvements to your models. However, if magnitude is unable to master the physics of a relatively simple engine, What should I expect with an airplane more complex?

I wished the CEII was an airplane I could enjoy, but as much as I like it... I just don't. I fly into flaws anytime I touch it. :/

I wish some improvements will be able to make it behave corectly someday.

Best of luck to your team!

Ps: I'm sorry to hear one of your team members went ballistic! I hope you'll be able to bounce back from it.

• 4 weeks later...

After being away from the CEII for a couple of months, I just tried my old aerobatic routine this evening. I'm sorry to say that the latest update made the plane even less responsive and less capable. The roll rate has definitely decreased. The old issues are still there. All that "tuning" that was reported in the update description seems to have made things worse as far as I'm concerned. I used to really enjoy flying this plane - now it's going back into oblivion. Is there a way to revert just the CEII to a previous version?