DCS: F-15C

mytai01

There is no real excuse why this aircraft is just an FC3 aircraft...It's one of the Teen Series fighters which are all represented as high fidelity aircraft. F-15E is nice, but it isn't the Charlie model...It needs more love than this...

• Like 1

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

Been requested many many times here and in both F-15C and Wishlist subforums.

No point discussing again... just +1.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...
Been requested many many times here and in both F-15C and Wishlist subforums.

No point discussing again... just +1.

Agree. Why no F-15C ED Hi Fidelity ? or... Medium Fidelity? Why not?

Or just small upgrades month by month. 2-3 buttons animated, RDR, MPCD, TEWS, Brightness adjustment, TCN implementation. Step by small step. ( By the way)

Autopilot functions. ATC Functions. There is alot of F-15 Enthusiasts reday to pay for Good F-15C.

Wags, what U think about?

Edited by 303_Vins
  • Like 2

I'd be fine with easy way too - just take whatever you can and add what's missing but I gues ED would rather make it from scratch which is preferable.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 1 month later...
From the latest interview with ED

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=282292

(around 1h36m)

F-15C is not in plans as being a pure fighter make it a low demand product.

:cry:

I hope the mud mover crowd is happy......

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache

The F-15C was part of the original Lock On repertoire, hence it was modeled like the other aircraft. For my part, I disagree. I don't think we need another teen fighter so soon. What I would love over anything else is a professionally done, slightly updated Flanker. An SM? SM2? SM3? I don't really care, just something.

Then you can have your F-15C or E and whatever else... Of course the reality is we'll probably see a fully modeled F-22 before another Flanker.

(around 1h36m)

They say that but, who is this according to though? Literally everything ED has released has been designed to move mud in some capacity. PGMs end up making it far less challenging without going out of your way to do unnatural things. The ground unit AI is and always has been stupid, and only kill you when you behave worse. The F-15 is to CAP what the A-10 is to CAS. There are plenty of people that prefer Air to Air, which leans more in the multiplayer direction since humans are dynamic and can learn and adapt. So those people aren't worth the effort of a full fidelity Air superiority platform? Nor can they have fully functioning radios and avionics and become as integrated in the warzone as the multirole aircraft. Anyone that has been doing A-A in DCS long enough can quite easily pick out the shortcomings of the multirole fighters in the AS role.

Yea I dont see how a FF F-15C would be low-demand at all.

• Like 1

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

They say that but, who is this according to though? Literally everything ED has released has been designed to move mud in some capacity. PGMs end up making it far less challenging without going out of your way to do unnatural things. The ground unit AI is and always has been stupid, and only kill you when you behave worse. The F-15 is to CAP what the A-10 is to CAS. There are plenty of people that prefer Air to Air, which leans more in the multiplayer direction since humans are dynamic and can learn and adapt. So those people aren't worth the effort of a full fidelity Air superiority platform? Nor can they have fully functioning radios and avionics and become as integrated in the warzone as the multirole aircraft. Anyone that has been doing A-A in DCS long enough can quite easily pick out the shortcomings of the multirole fighters in the AS role.

Yeah, I don't understand that reasoning either--doesn't make sense. I suspect the real reason is because, unlike the F-14, F-18, and F-16, the F-15C has been in the game forever and most people are probably satisfied enough by the simplified model, which is by no means horrible. Seems like a lot of effort to sell a plane many less informed buyers will see and think "don't I already have that?"

However, if we were to get a professional F-15C, we need a newer variant flanker too, like an SM. Why? Because shut up, that's why. RedFor needs a little love every now and then.

Unfortunately leaving the Eagle for later makes a lot of sense, they always can keep it as "Ace in sleeve" to boost up sales later.

Also if released now it would take away Air-to-air sales from the Viper, as well as some sales from the Strike Eagle which is bound to get some sales as "Charlie" stand-in especially if CFT get to be removable.

Edited by FoxAlfa

-------

All the people keep asking for capabilities to be modelled.... I want the limitations to be modelled.... limitations make for realistic simulation.

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in the mud, after a bit you realize the pig likes it.

Long time ago in galaxy far far away:

https://www.deviantart.com/alfafox/gallery

Yeah, I don't understand that reasoning either--doesn't make sense. I suspect the real reason is because, unlike the F-14, F-18, and F-16, the F-15C has been in the game forever and most people are probably satisfied enough by the simplified model, which is by no means horrible. Seems like a lot of effort to sell a plane many less informed buyers will see and think "don't I already have that?"

However, if we were to get a professional F-15C, we need a newer variant flanker too, like an SM. Why? Because shut up, that's why. RedFor needs a little love every now and then.

Yet they are making a new A-10C, for a total of 3 A-10s. We went from slow bomb truck, to faster bomb trucks, to a rehashed slow bomb truck. I've been playing this Sim since LoMAC, but didn't get in to MP until FC2, after a really long absence from the SIM. The SP experience has been way too sub-par to really be their bread and butter. Between lack of content, no dynamic campaign, and poor AI (ground and AI), they really do need to be focusing on MP. Everything about a Combat flight sim thrives on MP. It's not air-greyhound, where actual people wouldn't be incredibly different from drone traffic. I only buy modules in the context of how I can enjoy it with others. I only cared about the hornet as a Western SEAD platform, and the boat. Its nice to have a fully modeled radar, but it doesn't do Eagle things. You can't extend and reset in the Hornet, and can be killed from a 15-20nm rear aspect shot. The Viper makes up for that with better performance, but way less fuel and weapons. Strike Eagles are great, but they still get sent up with Charlie Eagles, because bomb truck. I'm otherwise on the fence when it comes to Razbam. MP needs real fighters for CAP, with all the bells and whistles. An air superiority platform for a company that focuses more on SP, would only serve to highlight deficiencies in the AIR AI suppose.

No demand for a 15C because it was only A2A? ... I was disappointed to hear that too. Does anyone do heavy A2G in the 14?
Its hard to believe, isn't it ? Could it be the sales data based on FC3 F-15C ?

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

No demand for a 15C because it was only A2A? ... I was disappointed to hear that too. Does anyone do heavy A2G in the 14?

Rarely after the original introduction, in my experience on our server and a couple others. They bring up the tomcat to chuck phoenixes, then might do A2G when the entire opposition has disconnected (because Air Superiority), or they just do carrier traps.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

+1

Personally I prefer single role fighters due to uncompromised performance advantage over multirole jacks of all trades, but masters of none.

BTW. When I think about that this way, probably the whole virtual squadron I fly with is interested in A-A only 90% of the time.

A-A in MP means ability to fight against human opponent who's trying to win, and A-G, as Bruce Lee said - bag won't hit back. :)

And in A-A department there was one and only fighter in XX century with 104/0 record, the fighter, light grey lightweight F-15A/C "not a single pound for air-to-ground".

Edited by bies

A-A in MP means ability to fight against human opponent who's trying to win, and A-G, as Bruce Lee said - bag won't hit back. :)

Valuable ground targets are usually protected by SAMs, manpads and AAA... but air superiority has to be established first.

Edited by draconus

(around 1h36m)

LOL....really?. I wonder why being a "pure fighter" is a disqualifying factor for the F-15C, while being a pure "mud-mover" clearly isn't for the A-10.

Yet another one of those bombastic claims, like there being no demand for a MiG-29 or Su-27 or any other Russian aircraft "in the west".

But I guess this explains the equally unfounded claim that the popularity of FC3 is merely down to "easy accessibility".....since all the fighters included in this apparently are "low demand products".

Edited by Seaeagle

I'm all for a DCS F-15C. I can't wait to watch everyone over-g it to 12.5g and suffer structural failure. Where is my popcorn?

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

(around 1h36m)

The idea that the top US Fighter for several decades will be a low demand aircraft is a rich claim. Not everybody loves mud moving. The online user community engage in a lot of A2A engagements, so I have to disagree with this claim...

• Like 1

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...