Jester backup wheel

zmzbg

Hi guys .Anyone else having troubles using Jester backup wheel option. I am trying for two days now and I can't make it work .
I have only tried it briefly and it seemed to work fine for me - how are you trying to use it (you need to do Jester, options and then take 1, take 2 etc)

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Well i am trying saying" Jester options " as per the manual but nothing shows up. I did reset keyword database .Did finish step but nothing so far.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Have you installed the new AIRIO extension?

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

I almost s_it my pants, using the wwheel while in VR.

I'm suffer from some fear of hights and the plane suddenly disapering under you isn't exactly fun

I need the wheel only for mp map markers

Yes airio version is 2.5.9 .It was autoupdated by vaicom.

I have just checked mine to confirm it still works and I have no problems

What does your VA log show when you say Jester, options? My log shows as follows (note I have debug on to show more information). To make the test easy I said Jester, waited for the beep and then said Options

5:58:31.544 Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 release'

5:58:30.119 Done.

5:58:30.114 Constructing message...

5:58:30.111 TX5 | INT: [ F-14 AI RIO ] , [ Show Options ]

5:58:30.105 Getting selected unit failed.

5:58:30.102 Getting selected unit for category RIO

5:58:30.100 Generic recipient: using selected unit

5:58:30.097 Searching called unit RIO in category RIO

5:58:30.091 Have result, identified as command: Options

5:58:30.086 Captured sentence: options

5:58:30.081 Recognized : 'options' (Confidence 97)

5:58:28.474 (awaiting additional input)

5:58:28.470 Have result, identified as recipient: Jester

5:58:28.468 Captured sentence: jester

5:58:28.459 Recognized : 'jester' (Confidence 94)

5:58:26.793 Listening resumed

5:58:26.738 Joystick : 'Transmit TX5 press'

Well it says unrecognized.

It recognize properly Options, AWACS ,TANKER etc and combination of those but for some reason Jester and Jester Options is not recognized .

I am doing something wrong but I don't know what.

I have Jester in the keywords.

Have you tried RIO instead of Jester (and maybe added either or both of them to the Windows speech dictionary)?

Also, is it in the VA list of commands as well as the VAICOM editor tab list?

Edited by hornblower793

I haven't tried RIO but i already added Jester in the windows dictionary. It's strange since i get yellow unrecognized but Jester word is there like its missing from the profile or something. I will keep trying .

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

I am very diasapointed with the backup wheel. I think people asked for the normal Jester Wheel, not a screen where the plane disapears.

I understand its meant as a backup and I understand (from the behavior I saw before the update where I actually got AIRIO and the wheel working at the same time) that having the wheel active will actually blink the wheel to appear when using all AIRIO commands, but quite frankly I would rather have that option that what we got instead.

On top of that this AIRIO update still has not brought us the ability to change ARC-182 channels through Jester/AIRIO Instead we have to use the "select" command which requires the use of TX2 to work. This is one of the things I was mostly looking forward to see in an AIRIO update, and this still wasn't it...

I am very diasapointed with the backup wheel. I think people asked for the normal Jester Wheel, not a screen where the plane disapears.

I understand its meant as a backup and I understand (from the behavior I saw before the update where I actually got AIRIO and the wheel working at the same time) that having the wheel active will actually blink the wheel to appear when using all AIRIO commands, but quite frankly I would rather have that option that what we got instead.

On top of that this AIRIO update still has not brought us the ability to change ARC-182 channels through Jester/AIRIO Instead we have to use the "select" command which requires the use of TX2 to work. This is one of the things I was mostly looking forward to see in an AIRIO update, and this still wasn't it...

Well obviously i have no idea what i am fighting for :) I thought it is just the normal wheel showing up.

Edited by zmzbg

I haven't tried RIO but i already added Jester in the windows dictionary. It's strange since i get yellow unrecognized but Jester word is there like its missing from the profile or something. I will keep trying .

Sent from my SM-T830 using Tapatalk

Have you tried resetting the database and / or using the export function to get a clean profile?

I think the problem is different people would like different things. I certainly would not want the wheel appearing each time I talk to Jester

Have you tried resetting the database and / or using the export function to get a clean profile?

I reset keywords several times.Nothing changed.Voiceattack detects that i am saying "jester options" but is not recognized as command.I am not sure about export function.

I think the problem is different people would like different things. I certainly would not want the wheel appearing each time I talk to Jester

True, for my part I'd prefer it because it's just a blink and I hate the current implementation. Maybe if we could have one or the other as an option.

More troubleshooting today. I used export function several times creating fresh profile and what a surprise "jester options" finally works as well as everything else except all other airio commands which are now understood but not recognized. When I do the "finish" step and it becomes vice versa. All airio is working except jester options .My original problem is still there.I try several times with same result.Any ideas will be appreciated.

Well finally after a lot of testing i found my problem .It is vspx processing. Everything works fine when it is off .When it is on things are messed up as per my previous post.Thank you for your attention.