Joystick input lag (FFB related?)

Vertigo72

I guess it is a DCS core related issue. I experienced very same problem on F-14B and MiG-15Bis, but any other aircraft works fine.

c1jscreenshot044.jpg

LT.Z "Turkey" Gong

54th Fighter Squadron "Leopards"

Elmendorf AFB, AK

F-15C+Energy=Anytime,baby...!

• 3 weeks later...

Have now same issue since last Patches for the Tomcat 2 Months ago probably, same thing with the MIG-15 since release..

Currently the only two Planes with that lagg Issue...have two FFB Sidewinder Sticks, both the same...

Once you have tasted Flight, you will forever walk the Earth with your Eyes turned Skyward.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

9./JG27

• 3 weeks later...

I've also experienced significant input lag in the Tomcat. Specifically in the guns and sidewinder tutorial. At times I pulled the trigger whilst my pipper was on the target and the rounds came out a second or two later causing me to miss. Also noticed it with roll and pitch input. My DCS install was recently cleaned and repaired after a fresh OS install. I do have VR Performance Mod now, but that's all. Haven't noticed lag with other modules. I don't have the MiG-21 so can't comment there.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

I am having the exact same issues with my MS SW FF2.

Its subtle and not easily noticeable, but there is definitely intermittent input latency of axis movements (its like small freezes in stick movement) and its visible on both the 3d stick in the cockpit and also on the controls indicator mini window.

The only thing I have to add to this discussion is that the the intermittent input latency in axis movements is more frequent and noticeable when mirrors are turned off (higher in game fps).

I will try the various recommendations here regarding vsync and changing usb ports.

Edit: I started experiencing this problem in one of the updates in June.

Cheers!

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Just to add. I was flying in 2D just now and using the NUMPAD to look around. Several times, I pressed a NUMPAD key (for example to look left) and there was lagged response. A few times, I held the key because there was no immediate response, then it would catch up and overshoot. Not sure how or even if this is joystick related now.

Valve Index | RTX 3070 Ti (Mobile) | i7-12700H @ 2.7GHz | 16GB RAM

• 3 months later...

I have noticed a few days ago an input lag on F14. Pressing esc to open a menu or moving a joystick has 1 to 2 sec delay.

With MS FFB2 on a flat screen only. Turning off FF in menu resolve input lag), also not reproducible on other airplanes.

In VR works normally

AMD FX 8350 4.0Ghz, 16gb DDR3, MSI R9 390, MS FF2 & CH Throttle PRO, track IR 4 & Lenovo Explorer VMR