The JTAC Thread

m9matt

Hi everybody

Did a bit of playing around with the JTAC predator and asked him to laser a target. Found this useful when using the LST in the F18 to find the location of a target. There were a couple of strange findings I found with this.

1. You have to point the hud towards the location of the target. Helps if there is a waypoint to get you pointed in the right direction. The window is small to pick up the laser, and I found it helps if you use the flir marker on the SA page and fly towards the waypoint.

2. JTAC will only provide a laser if you have laser guided weapons. If using other weapons it only provide WP (smoke marker).

3. Once the first target is destroyed, the JTAC doesn't realise you still have laser guided bombs left and then asks you to use the gun and provides WP (smoke marker) for further targets.

4. You can pick up the laser once within 15 miles, dependant on altitude.

Does anybody know a way of forcing the JTAC to laser all targets even if you have different weapons, so we can use the flir LST mode to find targets?

JTAC Mission :

SoH FA-18C JTAC Bombing v1.0.miz

Edited by m9matt
Add Mission

He should lase all the targets assuming you still have laser guided weapons.

Question: after you destroy the first target, for subsequent targets is he giving you a type 3 control? If so, it means he knows the targets are there but does not have line of sight to them, and therefore can’t lase.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

So I did a little experiment and replaced the 2nd lot of enemy vehicles which were unarmed trucks and changed these to the same anti aircraft trucks as the first target and JTAC lased the 2nd lot as he should.

So it looks like JTAC will not lase certain types of trucks/vehicles. has anyone else come across this? Is there a list of vehicles that JTAC likes to lase?