Menu select "take X" not working anymore?

Sharkku

There is a checkbox on one of the Vaicom config tabs for automatic updates

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys. Tried to rollback to 2.5.19. Didn't work. Put the .dll in the Viacom folder. Fired up the game and it hung at 10% on startup. This is addressed in the Viacom FAQ. FAQ says to update to latest ver. of Viacom. Also, something about setting custom path in Viacom for your DCS install. Did you guys who have rolled back have to mess with this? If so, could you explain? Thanks. Really sucks not having the "take xx" feature.

OK happy to look into this people, but we'll need more details i.e. clues.

So far none of this has been reproducible: options/take commands work fine for all modules tested.

That's with with easy comms on/off, AIRIO installed or not, release and openbeta.

Suggest to reset database (Reset tab), disable Import F10 Menu setting, then try again.

Enable debug mode and see if there's anything in the log, e.g. 'have result' entries should be there.

Many thanks

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

@Hollywood_315,

Did everything you suggested and even reinstalled both Voice Attack and Viacom Pro (Latest versions of both). I only have the Realistic ATC extension. Tested in SP/MP/Client Hosted/Dedicated Server. Air start, ground start, all planes I currently own and get the same result. I use the "Mission Options" and the F10 Menu comes up with the proper beep. I say "Take 1" get the proper beep and then nothing.

Now with everything the same I roll back to 2.5.21 it works fine.

Let me know if there is anything else I can run for you.

current_log.thumb.png.47b9b446b843bc72350351a39d4adf92.png

current.png.4d3e14ec3efee9ceefdf0460346b1020.png

@Hollywood_315

I have reset the database as suggested and still have the same problem in the KA-50 as before (and therefore assume it will be the same in the other problem airframes).

I went to the instant action Sukhumi free flight, tuned the radio for Sukhumi and then called inbound without calling select (which is what I do in the airframes with multiple radios). This set the ATC recipient to 0 and showed the pilot inbound message in the top left corner with no text before the first comma.

I then used Select...Sukhumi and repeated inbound. This gave me the log entries below, with the pilot inbound message only appearing just before the response from the airfield. You can see from the log timings that it is just over 1 minute between the Done. entry and the response

10:58:48.126 ATC (Sukhumi): 104, Sukhumi, fly heading 139 for 29, QFE 766.93, runway 12, to pattern altitude

10:57:43.239 Listening suspended

10:57:43.214 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 release'

10:57:42.841 Done.

10:57:42.839 Constructing message...

10:57:42.837 TX1 | SEL/AUTO: [ Air Traffic Controller ] , [ Inbound ]

10:57:42.836 Recipient for ATC set by call contents.

10:57:42.834 Identified unit: Sukhumi with id 5000018

10:57:42.833 Getting selected unit for category ATC

10:57:42.832 Have result, identified as command: Inbound

10:57:42.830 Captured sentence: inbound

10:57:42.824 Recognized : 'inbound' (Confidence 98)

10:57:40.461 Listening resumed

10:57:40.452 Joystick : 'Transmit TX1 press'

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Well thanks Hollywood. Sure would like to get it working. If I reset my database...will I lose all my voice training a whatnot?
Hi Chicki! You won't lose any training.

VAICOM doesn't have any voice training but itself. Unfortunately

The only training you can do is the training of the speech recognition in Microsoft Speech Recognition itself. And/Or add words and phrases to the MSSR Dictionary with, a single recording. (No training there as well unfortunately).

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

I think they are all related - I have issues with the take commands once this has occurred.

Like Maxsenna in the post below, pressing the DCS radio keyboard command seems to clear this, although pressing it too many times can totally confuse the system.

Edited by hornblower793

@eric963 Try with not calling 'Mission' first i.e. just call 'Options'.

@hornblower OK I thought this thread was about menu/take commands? not sure how that would be related

@MAX You seem to skip over VAICOM's Keywords Training Mode option there..

Yeah, I know. But nothing is saved when you do the "training". Unless I am completely mistaken. I would love to be able to train singular words.

As for this thread. Some modules, not all, seems to suffer from delays with commands. And it seems it might be related to the "options" command. Like sometimes everything's fine, then I use "options", "beep", but no menu is displayed. I repeat, then give up. Try some other commands. Same thing. Then I press the DCS radio keyboard command for that specific module, and suddenly ALL of the commands send from VAICOM suddenly are executed one by one in the correct order. This has been most noticeable in the Ka-50 for me. And I've taken a break from it.

Another thing. Doing the "Relic" campaign for the Sabre. Some delayes, but as soon as I invoke "options", the menu starts popping up up by itself, whenever I press TX1.

Cheers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Thanks, the log provided a clue and now it is reproducible.

Turns out there's an issue with the type initializer when AIRIO dll is absent.

We'll work on a fix for next plugin update.

In the meantime as a workaround you can get the AIRIO dll from the website and place it in the Extension subfolder. No AIRIO license needed.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Thanks Hollywood

i7 10700k @4.8GHz | Aurora GTX 3080 | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Pro 1Tb x 3 | Corsair 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

HP Reverb G2 | Vkb Gunfighter II MCG Pro Stick | Virpil T-50CM Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals | Custom built collective | 150 button custom cockpit with 3 x Cougar MFDs

• 3 weeks later...