Will the NTTR get the same night-time (lights) workover as the Caucausus and PG maps

As the title says.

I use the NTTR with my group extensively-and while I love the map, the lack of long range city lights in Vegas are disturbing. You practically have to be on top of it to see that is even there.

When the PG and Caucasus maps were updated, I was under the impression that this was a first step in a total night-lighting revamp.

Is that the case?

A response from a member of ED would be highly appreciated.

• Like 1

Also add my name to the list of folks wanting more realistic, brighter lights for Vegas. The recent night lighting change to the Persian Gulf map made a world of difference. Would hope we could get the same update for NTTR.

What used to be their showcase map, has been cast aside and severely neglected.

This map deserves the same attention as the other maps received. And as a current payware DLC, is an obligation. Lighting and VR optimization

• Like 2

As the title says.

I use the NTTR with my group extensively-and while I love the map, the lack of long range city lights in Vegas are disturbing. You practically have to be on top of it to see that is even there.

When the PG and Caucasus maps were updated, I was under the impression that this was a first step in a total night-lighting revamp.

Is that the case?

A response from a member of ED would be highly appreciated.

+1

This map deserves the same attention as the other maps received. And as a current payware DLC, is an obligation. Lighting and VR optimization

+1

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Unfortunately I think the NTTR map (and Caucuses for that matter) are to old to take advantage of the new lighting and map technologies without a major update/rework. I don’t see this happening since one is free and the other, at least based on the MP server list, isn’t used much.

But yes I agree would be nice, we use the NTTR map exclusively for all our training (except carrier quals obviously) in the 476th.

Unfortunately I think the NTTR map (and Caucuses for that matter) are to old to take advantage of the new lighting and map technologies without a major update/rework. I don’t see this happening since one is free and the other, at least based on the MP server list, isn’t used much.

But yes I agree would be nice, we use the NTTR map exclusively for all our training (except carrier quals obviously) in the 476th.

Well...even if I could agree for Caucuses, NTTR can be old, not played a lot, not for MP and everything they can say, BUT (and this is a big but), it is a payed content...and moreover (this is the second big thing) cost the same as Persian Gulf...

So, purely on economic level I see only 2 reasonable think to do:

1) Lower NTTR Map cost

2) Threat it as all other maps that cost the same (for now only PG but will be others)

I think it is not something that “it would be nice but...”, it’s something that it’s wrong if they decide to leave it without updates but sell it at the same price of everything else, that’s bad commercial practice IMO.

I mean, with planes they do, as the module gets older, generally they lower the price and also by quite a lot for certain aircraft, even up to ~25€.

So yeah...don’t know why they are testing maps in this why for now..

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

I'm pretty sure the lighting will be fixed for NTTR too. They just did not get to it yet (wip after first phase of improvements in 2.5.6).

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

• 2 weeks later...

I wish ED would redo this map together with OrbX, who I believe already have a large portion of California/Nevada modeled.

ED/Wags has spoken in the past about OrbX (after a flightsim expo I think) and mentioned they would possibly do a project together. Never heard anything about it since then but one can always hope. :D

Edited by dawgie79

I don’t see this happening since one is free and the other, at least based on the MP server list, isn’t used much

NTTR is up for sale on the ED website at $49.99 exactly the same price as the PG map...

Whether its popular or not for the small MP crowd should have no impact on whether they decide to continue to support it or not...

(Realised I'm making exactly the same point as LtCol Davenport!!!)

• Like 1

Airbag_signatur.png

NTTR is up for sale on the ED website at $49.99 exactly the same price as the PG map...

Whether its popular or not for the small MP crowd should have no impact on whether they decide to continue to support it or not...

(Realised I'm making exactly the same point as LtCol Davenport!!!)

Yep! But glad to see I’m not the only one thinking the that way..

• 1 month later...

+1

Having been stationed at Nellis and TDY there too many times to count, I have a laundry list of items just for that base alone that should have been there from day one. So I very much wish for an update to the NTTR.

• Like 2

ASUS TUF GAMING X670E with AMD RYZEN 5 7600X, 64GB DDR4, ASUS TUF GAMING 4080

Pico 4, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS

Formally Known As: wpnssgt (google it :smilewink: )

• 2 months later...

This would be a great map if it were not for the very POOR light rendering. Can't see the city lights at all like mentioned until you are on top of it. For that large a city the place should be lit up and seen miles away.

More importantly, you cannot see the airport's either! That makes trying to VFR an airport impossible, no rotating beacons either. Can't navigate if you can't see it.

At least put some simple light points out there, don't need fully detailed '3D' directional runway lights and all.  Take a look at Xplane 11, THAT is how it's done folks.

---

Edited by Noluck
Added to subject
  • Like 3

PC: Windows 10 Pro X64, AMD FX8120 8 Core @ ~4.0GHz, 32GB DDR3-1600, GTX 1080 8Gb, 1 TB EVO 860 SSD | Displays: 3 Dell HD 1920x1080 @ 5520x1080 windowed ||| Hardware : TM Warthog HOTAS Stick+Throttle | 3x TM Cougar MFD's | WW Combat Panel | WW Landing Panel ||| Mods: F/A-18C | F-16 | P51-D | UH-1H | C130-J | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Syria | Channel | Normandy | WWII Assets | Super Carrier | Combined Arms

On 12/8/2020 at 3:38 PM, Noluck said:

... Take a look at Xplane 11, THAT is how it's done folks.

---

Ssssh!

("Don't mention the war!")

• Like 1

Helicopters and Viggen

DCS 1.5.7 and OpenBeta

Win7 Pro 64bit

i7-3820 3.60GHz

P9X79 Pro

32GB

GTX 670 2GB

VG278H + a Dell

PFT Lynx

TrackIR 5

• 2 months later...
  • ED Team

Hi all,

light draw distance on cities and airfields are on our list to review for NTTR, but it will take time as the terrain teams are busy currently. 

Improvements for draw distance on lights in built up areas and airfields have been tested on Persian Gulf and Caucasus and will eventually make it to Nevada. 

thank you

• Like 11
  • Thanks 7

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 11:44 PM, ST0RM said:

+1

• Like 2

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

• 1 month later...
Il 1/7/2020 at 00:44, ST0RM ha scritto:

To say the very least, in my humble opinion.

Well, we are only left in waiting and hoping in something good to happen... some day?

With best regards.