CCRP bombing lock marker

DimSim

I am not seeing the little plus sign lock marker that is shown in Chuck's guide and some videos after designating a ground target for CCRP.

I follow all the instructions and everything else works fine. The wings appear near the triangle when I designate, the horizontal line passes through and bombs release. Just missing the little plus shaped reticle referred to as 'target radar locked' in the guide. I have radar + radar altimeter on and TAS + RS selected.

Has that been remove, or am I missing a step?

Okay, thank you. It would have been helpful as another flying / aiming guide. Those little 'wings' either side of the diamond are hard to be precise with. In fact nothing about bombing feels precise!

I'm not a sim purists, so I'd be happy to see it as an option, particularly if present on other similar model aircraft.

I'm trying out CCRP for the first time today. I did the following:

1. Select bomb

2. Radar on and Alt on

3. Select TAS and RS

4. Set fuse to instant

5. Designate the target

6. Master arm on

When the horizontal line move upward and passes thru, press and hold trigger.

However, the bomb won't release. Did I miss a step?

P/S: I've no problem with CCIP bomb release.

I'm trying out CCRP for the first time today. I did the following:

1. Select bomb

2. Radar on and Alt on

3. Select TAS and RS

4. Set fuse to instant

4bis. PPA: set NB greater than 0 and DIST (x10m) as desired if >1

5. Designate the target

6. Master arm on

P/S: I've no problem with CCIP bomb release.

Yes :D

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

You should press and HOLD the trigger BEFORE the horizontal line passes thru (i.e. press the trigger 5-10 seconds prior), the bomb will auto release.

Pressing the trigger after the release point/line passes, the bomb does not auto release.

An exception to this is using offset bombing, as it is bugged (bomb drops when trigger is depressed), you press the trigger as the line passes.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

An exception to this is using offset bombing, as it is bugged (bomb drops when trigger is depressed), you press the trigger as the line passes.

This has been fixed several weeks ago. Works as intended now as standard CCPL automatic release

This has been fixed several weeks ago. Works as intended now as standard CCPL automatic release

Thanks, I wasn't aware.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 6 months later...

So, as i understand, the marking-cross was deleted. But how do I now deliver MK-82´s to the desired point on the ground? Really only via Divebombing and holding the diamond on target until bombs are released?

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

no, you mark the target with the diamond. then you fly over the designated target, watching the "wings" around the diamond which tell you whether to correct left or right. hold the trigger during horizontal line passing through the diamond, bombs will release and hit the designated target.

you dont need to hold the diamond on the target.

Edited by dorianR666
  • Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

So, as i understand, the marking-cross was deleted. But how do I now deliver MK-82´s to the desired point on the ground? Really only via Divebombing and holding the diamond on target until bombs are released?

Aah, okay so the procedure stays the same, but without the marking-cross... Good to know. Thank you.

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit