German bomber (at least AI)

wolle

Please make the Ju-88 able to drop iron bombs (not just torpedos), or add another German bomber to the asset pack. Without a German bomber, WWII missions are severely hampered. ..

• Like 4

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel Core I7 4820K @4.3 GHz, Asus P9X79 motherboard, 16 GB RAM @ 933 MHz, NVidia GTX 1070 with 8 GB VRAM, Windows 10 Pro

• 6 months later...
On 6/27/2020 at 8:59 AM, wolle said:

Please make the Ju-88 able to drop iron bombs (not just torpedos), or add another German bomber to the asset pack. Without a German bomber, WWII missions are severely hampered. ..

I agree. +1

What we really need, especially with The Channel map, is the Heinkel He-111 and the Junkers Ju-87 Stuka dive bomber.

These were used extensively during the battle of Britain and the famous night raids on London were carried out by the 111.

Right now we have no German bombers in the game.

The Ju-88 is primarily a torpedo plane or heavy fighter, although it could carry bombs

It would be nice to have something in a large formation to shoot at.

Edited by rayrayblues
Typo
  • Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

+1 Ju-88 A-4 should have a bombing capability (bomb bay doors are animated in the modelviewer).

But yes, a He 111 H-xx would be fantastic, as would a Fw 200 C-3/C-4. 

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

Turning the Ju-88 into a true bomber is an easy win but effort on the He-111 would not be a great investment right now.  The maps we have are firmly set in 1944 and by 1943 the 111 was so outclassed that it was relegated to a transport role and ironically a torpedo bomber.

If they are going to invest the effort in creating a new axis bomber, a Ju-188 would be a better option I that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 71st_AH Rob said:

Turning the Ju-88 into a true bomber is an easy win but effort on the He-111 would not be a great investment right now.  The maps we have are firmly set in 1944 and by 1943 the 111 was so outclassed that it was relegated to a transport role and ironically a torpedo bomber.

If they are going to invest the effort in creating a new axis bomber, a Ju-188 would be a better option I that.

Why? After the Ju88 the He111 was the most produced German bomber though, still in production to the point when piston bomber production was halted in late 1944. It could legitimately be present in any mission where a German bomber could turn up, BOB, Channel, Eastern front, Med right through the war. The 188 didn’t replace the Ju88, not many were made and if the squadrons were allocated any they’d be left in a corner and used for special missions requiring more speed and altitude like solo reconnaissance. By the time they were allocated to squadrons upgraded Ju88 versions were available that meant it wasn’t really much better.

• Like 1

The maps we have are firmly set in 1944

I disagree. The maps don't really have dates and times on them. They're just maps.

You can set any scenarios that you want with the ME. I am currently using The Channel Map for the new WW1 mod.

The grass aerodromes Hawkinge and Lympne are a very close representation of what they had back then.

There were no paved runways yet, so as you can see, using your imagination, the maps are pretty much generic.

Now this is a good idea. The more the merrier. If I want to set a 1940/41 BOB scenario, the He-111's and Ju-87 Stukas are necessary,

and while we're at it, there is also a need for Hurricanes and early Spits.

For later 1943/44 scenarios yes the Ju-188's and FW-200's would fill the bill, as would the Me-264. 

Bottom line though is that there currently are no German bombers in the game which for me at least, leaves a big hole to fill.

As for the Ju-88 torpedo planes, I don't see any WWll ships to attack, or am I missing something?

• Like 1

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

aye, we are currently very late war, for no other reason that what models they found first in TFC. I would prefer consistentcy in the matchups and work back. It's sad to see that a Hurricane gets put at the back of any queue by those "rules" but we have what we have and should use it and be as consistent as is possible before being imaginative.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

• 7 months later...
On 12/28/2020 at 8:13 AM, rayrayblues said:

I agree. +1

What we really need, especially with The Channel map, is the Heinkel He-111 and the Junkers Ju-87 Stuka dive bomber.

These were used extensively during the battle of Britain and the famous night raids on London were carried out by the 111.

Right now we have no German bombers in the game.

The Ju-88 is primarily a torpedo plane or heavy fighter, although it could carry bombs

It would be nice to have something in a large formation to shoot at.

It was designed as a bomber.

• Thanks 2

@Lee1That is true. This is an old thread though and since then the 88's have been given bombs.

At the time of this writing it only came with torpedo's with no proper ships to sink.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦