AIRIO Jester hot mic respect ICS switch

Ghost Dad Recon

Is it possible to have the "hot mic" setting respect the position of the ICS switch in the cockpit? Ie. if switch is set to hot mic, hot mic is on, otherwise PTT as normal. In my experience it doesn't appear to care (if I have hot mic enabled in the VAICOM settings, I get hot mic behaviour even if I set the ICS switch to cold). It'd be great to be able to switch this behaviour right from the pilot seat.

• 3 months later...

He folks,

I am intentionally bumping this one up, since I miss this feature also.

It seems not to be implemented in 2.5.22.2 (release).

Please add this feature, it would make life much easier! :joystick:

Thanks and kind regards,

TOViper

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Hollywood,

Cool, I found it working in the new version! We are approaching perfectionism. ;)

Only thing I wasn't able to figure out how to get VoiceAttack's "listening mode" to really listen (mic open) immediately after selecting the F-14 cockpit switch to HOT.

Voice attack is not listening immediately, I have to press any other PTT to make this happen.

Thanks for any advice,

TOViper

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Thanks, yes that's correct typically it will not update right away but a quick PTT cycle does the trick.

This may be subject to some further fine-tuning.

Yep, seems so.

Three thumbs up for some lines of code from your magic hands ...

It's funny to see me having Viacom Pro active for every DCS session, like the VR headset.

Meanwhile for me there is no flying in DCS without VR and ViacomPro.

my computer:

• 3 weeks later...

Wish list item for a modification to this feature: It would be nice if VAICOM respected the hot mic switch in the RIO seat when I am sitting there. I'd really like it to stop listening all the time when I'm the RIO. Right now the hot mic function seems to follow the switch setting in the pilot seat only, and there does not appear to be a way to force it off from the RIO seat. I find that when I'm RIO I'm getting constant beeps when VA thinks it has recognized something.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

• 6 months later...

Hi Hollywood so not sure whats happened but since the new update the hot mic is not working in the pilot cockpit. PTT works but not the hot mic. I have made sure the switch is set to Hot Mic inside the cockpit but still no joy and this started after the latest update. Any ideas?

• Like 1