Case 1 Training mission not progressing

Xxx

Hi, I recently got the Supercarrier and am running 2.5.6 release.

I noticed ATC approach calls, that I never saw before with the Tarawa, tried using them, but upon landing all I got was a message saying no radio calls used, or something like that? I didn't understand how to use them, so looked back at the case 1 Training mission.

After approaching the Tarawa from the 20 mile assembly initial approach the training script halts. It just says I will contact the Tarawa when you get closer? But nothing happens after that?

The instruction to look at the knee board for case 1 works, but that doesn't explain what radio calls to use and when?

Edit. Specifically, when to use "Established", Commencing" "check in" and "Platform"?? I cant find any You Tube videos or info as how to use these. Anyone have any idea?

Could do with the calls explained and when to use them. Something like Wags' video on the Hornet case 1, etc.

At the moment the Tarawa just gets me dumping the aircraft on the deck. (When I don't loose it and hit the island or parked aircraft!)

Thanks

EDIT#2

OK the training mission does not proceed after Marshal at 20 nm. However if you do approach the Tarawa and use the radio ATC calls, you get a Supercarrier approach calls for the Hornet??? You get "slow" calls and "move right to left" when you are approaching to port to establish hover. All very confusing. Does the ATC radio for Harrier and Tarawa need adapting from the Supercarrier? Well I think so!

Edited by Accipiter
Approach calls designed for SC and F18!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

Here is a graphical version of the Case 3 recovery out of the NATOPS manual "V/STOL SHIPBOARD

AND LANDING SIGNAL OFFICER NATOPS MANUAL"

1206792975_Case3Recovery.thumb.png.8add7664f2f6046a4de46da4b834942b.png

Aorus Z370 Ultra Gaming WiFi MB | i7-8700k @ 4.9 GHz | EVGA GTX 1070 Ti | 32 GB CORSAIR Vengeance 3000 MHz DDR4 Ram | Corsair H100 Pro Cooler | RaidMax TX 850M PS | Samsung 970 Evo Plus M.2 NVMe SSD |TM Warthog Hotas w/ F/A-18 Hornet grip | Corsair Gamer 570x Crystal Case | Oculus Rift S

DCS | AV8B | F18C | F-16C | A10C | Mig 29 | F15 | SA-342 | Huey | Persian Gulf | NTTR | Combined Arms

Since they introduced the SC it's messed up non-SC ships like the Tarawa.

Commence etc etc are all used in Case 2/3 recoveries where visibility is limited due to weather.

I'm sure Baltic Dragon (training mission builder) will see this shortly and put it on his list.

Thanks chaps and that's a great diagram Victor, cheers.

A case 3 training mission for the Harrier will be useful, when ED sorts out the comms.

Wags has a nice case 3 video for the Hornet and SC. But like everything else, he makes it look easy.

I did a little video of the SC, with a moan about lighting at night/dusk at 8.3 minutes.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]i7 Haswell @ 4.6Ghz, Z97p, GTX1080, 32GB DDR3, x3SSD, Win7/64, professional. 32" BenQ, TIR 5, Saitek x55 HOTAS.

Search User Files for "herky" for my uploaded missions. My flight sim videos on You Tube. https://www.youtube.com/user/David Herky

• 1 month later...
is the tacan for mother 44X on this mission? That put me out on the mainland somewhere

TL;DR:

No, "Father" is on 46X now.

Detail:

The Tarawa *used* to be on 44X but it caused problems as it is the same frequency as the Tacan at Kutaisi 44X "KTS".

The Tarawa's Tacan channel was changed to 46X a few months ago, but unfortunately the BLUE TASK briefs look to have been missed as they haven't been updated for the 3x Mission 9 training missions i.e.

This is a standard, day-time version of the mission with good weather.

This is the LONG version of the mission and covers all the items.

8 additional kneeboard pages are available.

*** IMPORTANT INFORMATION ***

Ship TACAN (Father): 44X

Starting Position:

N 42 07 08

E 040 04 50

*** NOTE ***

In order for mission to run smoothly make sure to follow all instructions and press the button only after they get highlighted (unless there is no highlight by default).

Make sure to refresh the following procedures before flying this mission:

- Cold Start

- Short Takeoff

- Vertical Landing

The included mission kneeboard page has been revised to reflect the latest change though ...

nOphzPe.jpg

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

• 10 months later...

I think that it’s just a matter of editing the 3 mission briefings related to M09 to correct the TACAN frequency.  I have to admit that it caused me some confusion. I managed to recover but missed any triggers associated with marshal.

Question: I’ve been jumping around the training missions, and probably missed explanation of the term “anchor”.  When given the instruction “anchor at waypoint 1”, I’ve been circling it with altitude hold on, maintain the assigned altitude and airspeed, while listening to the sometimes lengthy description of the mission.  Is there a book definition of anchor?  I.E., should it be flown more like an ATC hold with timed turns?

Excellent training missions, BD.  I have the impression that the instructor has RL experience in the AV-8B.

Edited by Chipwich

R7 5800X3D / 32GB / VPC T-50 CM2 Base and CM3 Throttle with TM Hornet Grip / RTX 4080 Super / Meta Quest Pro