Understanding LSO Callouts - Carrier Landings

Cpt Cuckoo

So far, my best landings are all GRADE C

It appears that "GRADE C" is one level above crashing on deck. I think the problem is in my stick. It's just far too unpredictable especially at low speeds.

I found this explanation of LSO meanings.

Scroll down a bit and you can see the graphs on this website.

https://wiki.hoggitworld.com/view/Carrier_Air_Operations#Altitudes.2C_ranges_and_distances

I cut and pasted the relevant bits below. It helped me, hope it helps someone else. Not sure if it adds anything to the SC manual but it looks pretty.

Untitled.thumb.png.96b2543e31aeedf969d5682b82dcc891.png

LSO5.thumb.jpg.625eed55383c1739bd36ed80ff6baf7f.jpg

Edited by Cpt Cuckoo

Thx!

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090 Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 Neo monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti, 50 inch Phillips monitor

F/A-18C: Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB Aces  seat :cool:                       

Viper: WinWing MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders. 

Helo ( Apache) set up: Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic : Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,  TEDAC Unit. 

One reason the supercarrier LSO will give you a cut pass is the EGIW evaluation. He's much too apt to call "eased gun"; the only way I can seem to avoid it is with a slow, steady throttle increase from the time I cross the ramp until I hit the deck. A stable throttle with no decrease still results in "eased gun" for me.

I've taken to using the Airboss script for pass grading since the boat's LSO seems to have a few issues yet.

[ATTACH]241208[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]241209[/ATTACH]

CPT CUKOO,

Is there another place I can find these four charts that will give me a nice clean copy of each?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

CPT CUKOO,

Is there another place I can find these four charts that will give me a nice clean copy of each?

Thanks,

Not that I am aware of...yet.

Did you try the link I gave in the first post. I had hell making them so I could put the charts here in a post. I'm not very PC savvy. I ended up having to take screenshots of them from the link and then edit them in MS Paint as JPEGs. In any case, if right click on the images I posted and choose "open in a new tab" you will get a nice clear image.

Edited by Cpt Cuckoo

• 3 weeks later...

I seem to get cut pass, eased guns and ball call often. The ball call is odd when i do call the ball. The only thing that I can figure is if you don't respond to the LSO immediately/properly you get it ? The others make more sense.

i5-10600KF, 16Gb DDR4, GTX1660 Super, HP Reverb G2, TM Cougar, TM Warthog

I seem to get cut pass, eased guns and ball call often. The ball call is odd when i do call the ball. The only thing that I can figure is if you don't respond to the LSO immediately/properly you get it ? The others make more sense.

yeah I get all those calls too. In fact, I'm thinking about making a bombing run on my own SuperCarrier afterwards, next time. ....................What do you think about that?

yeah I get all those calls too. In fact, I'm thinking about making a bombing run on my own SuperCarrier afterwards, next time. ....................What do you think about that?

No,no. I save my ordnance for the tanker. :smilewink:

i5-10600KF, 16Gb DDR4, GTX1660 Super, HP Reverb G2, TM Cougar, TM Warthog