Sale... Whatcha bought?

bilbosmeggins

With the sale on at the moment, there are many bargains to be had. Anyone bagged anything interesting?

I’ve had a mini splash out, and grabbed the F16, F-86 Sabre, a Sabre Campaign, and the Persian Gulf. I can see the F16 gathering dust, but am loving the other stuff. Was vaguely toying with the notion of the Super Carrier, but common sense talked me out of it. I don’t fly naval jets, and my system is borderline.

With the sale on at the moment, there are many bargains to be had. Anyone bagged anything interesting?

I’ve had a mini splash out, and grabbed the F16, F-86 Sabre, a Sabre Campaign, and the Persian Gulf. I can see the F16 gathering dust, but am loving the other stuff. Was vaguely toying with the notion of the Super Carrier, but common sense talked me out of it. I don’t fly naval jets, and my system is borderline.

Enjoy, both those modules are cracking even if the F16 is still very early days there is alot to learn and alot of satisfaction to be had. Me, i have already got almost every module i actually want so been splashing out elsewhere for once :lol::music_whistling:

Enjoy, both those modules are cracking even if the F16 is still very early days there is alot to learn and alot of satisfaction to be had. Me, i have already got almost every module i actually want so been splashing out elsewhere for once :lol::music_whistling:

DCS related purchase? I’m intrigued.

Regarding the F-16, I’ve only taken off and landed a few times. The systems are well beyond me, so I haven’t so much as scratched the surface. But the bit of flying I did told me that I don’t particularly like the flight characteristics. Sluggish to manoeuvre, and feels like it’s on rails, with zero character. The absolute flip-side to the F-86, which has bags of personality. Not saying the F-16 is bad, or anything. It’s just that we all have our preferences, and I tend to like obsolete and quirky.

... Anyone bagged anything interesting?

Not at this sale, but a few weeks ago I purchased both the P-47 and the Channel Map :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Not at this sale, but a few weeks ago I purchased both the P-47 and the Channel Map :)

Nice. The P-47 might be a purchase for me later on down the road. What do you think of it? And the Channel Map looks stunning, but would bring my system to it’s knees. I need to wait for my new PC before considering that.

Nice. The P-47 might be a purchase for me later on down the road. What do you think of it?

I found it much easier to handle than the other warbirds, particularly the take offs and landings. It needs more liveries and more armament (rockets), and also more missions .. in the meantime I have adapted P-51 missions for it, but would love to see a proper Campaign for the Thunderbolt. I also wish for a template for liveries, so that my country may get a livery :)

And the Channel Map looks stunning, but would bring my system to it’s knees.

Indeed .. this map convinced me that it was time to upgrade my gpu, so I’ve just changed my prior gtx-970 with an almost twice faster gtx-1070ti ... on vr I went from 25 fps to 45, really a fantastic improvement :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

After the 5-day free trial I was going to buy the F-14B, great module, just love it.

But I ended up buying the F-18C and Persian Gulf map, both of which I wanted as well. The discount was too good for those modules to not take advantage of, both of which cost less than the F-14C (Steam). I'll pickup the F-14 next weekend though...best module I've flown to date, to my surprise.

F-14 then F-16C, which is my favorite all time fighter, but I keep reading the module is far from complete. So I'll wait a bit for that one, and get acquainted with the F-18C and F-14B modules for awhile.

Good day!

DrDetroit

Buoght the tomcat and the viggen, Heatblur has ridicolously high quality planes out there!

Man, THE COCKPIT SOUNDS... Insane...

Inviato dal mio SM-G950F utilizzando Tapatalk

- "It's better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven"

Modules: A-4E-C Skyhawk, A-10C II Tank Killer, AJS37 Viggen, AV-8B Harrier, F-14B Tomcat, F-15C Eagle, F-16C Viper, F/A-18C Hornet, MIG-21 Fishbed, MIG-29, SU-27, SU-33

Maps: Caucasus, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Supercarrier

Rig: i7 4790 / Nvidia GTX 1070 Strix / 16GB RAM DDR3 1600 MHz / 256 GB SSD / Windows 10

Setup: ThrustMaster TWCS Throttle, Titanwolf "Vulture" Stick, DelanClip PRO, Home-made universal Cockpit panel

I bought WW2 Asset Pack, did bought Channel in earlier sale. I have only TF-51 and warbird with weapons missing. I canät decide which one, so maybe in next sale. I bought IL2: BoB (sale) so I can test those warbirds and make decision.

I tested (IL2) some yesterday and FW190, Spitfire anf P51 were best. I have heard that DCS Spitfire gunsight is worser than IL2 and targeting is hard with it. Is that true?

P47 was harder to fly than those three above some reason.

Edited by Lucidus

Specs: Ryzen 5800X3D, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 3080, Quest 2, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, MFG Crosswind rudder pedals

DCS related purchase? I’m intrigued.

Regarding the F-16, I’ve only taken off and landed a few times. The systems are well beyond me, so I haven’t so much as scratched the surface. But the bit of flying I did told me that I don’t particularly like the flight characteristics. Sluggish to manoeuvre, and feels like it’s on rails, with zero character. The absolute flip-side to the F-86, which has bags of personality. Not saying the F-16 is bad, or anything. It’s just that we all have our preferences, and I tend to like obsolete and quirky.

If you like the F86 you will love the tomcat in that case :thumbup:

My wish is that they will get Mi-24P out soon, and MiG-23MLA sooner, so that I get to buy those. But again out of special sales and in EA.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Same here, enjoying both! In fact I also got the FW190 A-8 because of the channel map and I really like it.

Think I might also go for the I-16, even though there is not much other content it makes sense with! I would like the Sabre as well, especially as it has a good campaign written for it, but the cockpit graphics are putting me off a little...

I also tried the F-14 on trial and enjoyed it too. In fact, I managed to land it on a carrier first flight which I have never tried with any aircraft before and was very surprised that I actually could. Was I expecting it to be harder than it is?!

F-14 and supercarrier might be next, but complexity of systems is putting me off as I don't have much time for simming at the moment.

Regards,

Mac

W10 64

I7 4790k o/c to 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus Ranger VII

24gb DDR3 RAM @ 2133

Asus Strix 1080ti OC

ASUS ROG G-sync 27" monitor

DCS on M2 drive Samsung 960 Pro

MS FFB2 with F-16 grip

CH pro throttle

MFG Crosswind pedals

TrackIR 5

3 x Bodnar button & axis boxes

Same here, enjoying both! In fact I also got the FW190 A-8 because of the channel map and I really like it.

Think I might also go for the I-16, even though there is not much other content it makes sense with! I would like the Sabre as well, especially as it has a good campaign written for it, but the cockpit graphics are putting me off a little...

I also tried the F-14 on trial and enjoyed it too. In fact, I managed to land it on a carrier first flight which I have never tried with any aircraft before and was very surprised that I actually could. Was I expecting it to be harder than it is?!

F-14 and supercarrier might be next, but complexity of systems is putting me off as I don't have much time for simming at the moment.

Regards,

Mac

If there was ever a module I could refund it would be the I-16.

It just doesn't the attention it needs:(

If there was ever a module I could refund it would be the I-16.

It just doesn't the attention it needs:(

Thanks, I will think twice

W10 64

I7 4790k o/c to 4.6Ghz

Asus Maximus Ranger VII

24gb DDR3 RAM @ 2133

Asus Strix 1080ti OC

ASUS ROG G-sync 27" monitor

DCS on M2 drive Samsung 960 Pro

MS FFB2 with F-16 grip

CH pro throttle

MFG Crosswind pedals

TrackIR 5

3 x Bodnar button & axis boxes

I bought nothing, as I already own everything lol

I DON'T own the A-8 because I have the D-9. (Not sure why there are two.) I don't own the I-16. Not sure what it is. I have the first A-10C campaign but don't use it so campaigns are just not for me.

Otherwise, I'm like schurem; I already own everything (except the above).

I seriously like the Supercarrier. I've trained with the Hornet since it came out. I flew the Tomcat a couple times. I fly the Huey a lot. The Mustang is wonderful so I fly that a lot, too. I've got the Normandy and Channel maps. Why not connect the two? I didn't mind paying twice, but I really want to fly back and forth between them both. I got the A-4 Skyhawk (free!) and just cannot believe the roll rate it has. But, I'm told it's real.

Okay, everything that I have, I love. But the Hornet takes much of my time.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I've always wanted to avoid the Viggen. Heard a lot of good things about it but (still) don't have the time to learn it as it deserves. BUT heatblur's free trial made me test it and it seems to be impossible for me to give a heatblur module back after tasting the atmosphere. So I bought it the other day.

Waiting now for the next HB module and hopefully a free trial. ;)

What did I purchase?

Nothing.

Not until ED addresses their performance issues in VR.

Sorry. Can’t justify one more penny.

What’s your system like? I’m playing in VR, and the only real issue I’m having is the clouds hurting my eyes occasionally, when a small cumulus will render in just one eye momentarily. I would love higher frame rates, but accept that ED are pushing an awful lot of detail, rendered twice, into my headset. I’m getting by, and waiting for the next wave of hardware to give me the performance I’d like. Zen 3, DDR5, and the 3080 range. Couple that with a HP Reverb 2, and I should be good to go. And by the time I’ve paid for that little lot, ED might have released the Vulcan upgrade :)

Good point Bilb....

Maybe I’m being a little harsh and sometimes I get upset. I have a cutting-edge system. RTX 2080 TI OC and a 9900 K at 5 GHz and a SSD. I use the HP reverb as well. I’ve spent countless hours trying to get rid of that stutter that occurs every so often that many people talk about but no one can pinpoint. All other flight Sims don’t have anything like it. I don’t know if it’s connected to sound or a hidden setting that nobody knows about. I just wish ED would make performance and optimization their number one goal (especially In VR) before releasing any more modules. They would be working on their foundation and they’re going to need to do that to move forward.

You have a better system than me, Lanzfeld. I’m using a 1080ti, i7 6700, and 16gb RAM. And a Rift S. I only get stutters occasionally, and have just ordered another 16gb RAM. Hopefully it will help.

I’m getting a bit frustrated waiting for the new hardware to drop. All the rumours are saying that the performance jump will be substantial this time around. If that wasn’t the case, I’d go out and buy a new rig right now. But it would cost a fortune for only an incremental gain. Just got to have patience. I wish the manufacturers would keep us in the loop though. Everyone is remaining tight-lipped about release dates. Not even approximate dates. Nothing.

You have a better system than me, Lanzfeld. I’m using a 1080ti, i7 6700, and 16gb RAM. And a Rift S. I only get stutters occasionally, and have just ordered another 16gb RAM. Hopefully it will help.

I’m getting a bit frustrated waiting for the new hardware to drop. All the rumours are saying that the performance jump will be substantial this time around. If that wasn’t the case, I’d go out and buy a new rig right now. But it would cost a fortune for only an incremental gain. Just got to have patience. I wish the manufacturers would keep us in the loop though. Everyone is remaining tight-lipped about release dates. Not even approximate dates. Nothing.

Hey I would be very very interested in knowing if you see any sort of performance gain when you get your new memory. I, too, have 16GB which I truly believe it’s enough but maybe I’m wrong. Either post here or PM me when you get your results thank you so much.

Hey I would be very very interested in knowing if you see any sort of performance gain when you get your new memory. I, too, have 16GB which I truly believe it’s enough but maybe I’m wrong. Either post here or PM me when you get your results thank you so much.

Yes, I’ll keep you posted. Although quite a few people on here have already reported positive gains by upgrading to 32gb, especially VR users, so I’m quite optimistic.

I got the F-5R Tiger II, inculding the BFM Campaign. Steam offered another 5€ Coupon if you spend more then 30€. All in all the plane and the campaign together cost less then the plane alone. And I bought the Viggen and flew it right into a compressor stall at first try.

Gesendet von meinem SM-N975F mit Tapatalk

The Tornado is being developed by as many people as the Tornado Development Team contains. It progresses rapidly with the speed of the Tornado development progress. It will be released at the Tornado release date. 

Support your local Getränkemarkt. :grin: