Rotorheads - Helicopter oriented PVE

MarcosR

Rotorheads1.png

Server Name: Persistent P V E --<< RotorHeads Server >>

Discord: https://discord.gg/zj33Xg6

Latest OPEN BETA

Let me share with you the server I've been working for the past few months..

These are the features currently have...

Server has a few mandatory training missions for the Helicopters.... nothing too dificult, just Hover, Taxi, Navigation and the use of CTLD and CSAR scripts to deployed and pick up troops and rescue downed pilots... Training progress is saved and so only need to do the training Once...

1) Persistent environment (CSAR, CTLD deployments, all enemy units, even F10 marks)

2)CSAR: Enhanced Ciribobs script to do more stuff like

• Delayed embarking ( downed pilot runs to helicopter)
  • downed pilots can be picked up by Ground vehicles,
  • Weight increase (100 kg for each) and maximum limit that also considers ctld troops onboard
  • Re-spawning on crash (everybody on board spawn on the new crash site).
  • Smoke as a radio menu option...

3) CTLD enhancements..

• Troops Run to helicopter for pick up (delayed pick up, 1 by 1)
  • Jtac Infantry group...
  • Troops transport limited for different aircraft.. you can load multiple groups until the max capacity is reached. (Groups split if a part embarked and a part doesn't)
  • Cargo consists in a mix of internal and external (Sling) loads... Internal cargo also affect aircraft weight...
  • Deployed Ground vehicles can be re-packed for transport (Spawn the crates needed for that unit)

4)FAC script - Super enhanced script i found (not sure who to credit there), but it looks a copy on Ciribobs Logic as well..2 Gazelles at the moment can use this script,

• Laser code selection.
  • Target type selection
  • No message to All are send, pilot using this unit will have to verbally communicate the position and laser code etc...
  • Auto Laser detection range only in the front 180 degrees of the helicopter.. if you turn you will loose the target..

5)FARPS: A heliport Pad will be located in the deployed CTLD FARPS, after the Server restarts. (Server will start checking immediately after deployment for a time when there are no players in units. if everybody is out , as spectator or in the tactical commander slots the server will reload the mission)

6) Time: Time in the mission as well as the date is persisted (Will be same after server restarts), and date i set to Current date.. (Soon will be adding some real life wind speed and direction as well)...

7) Client Slots Persistence: (some) Slots will save the location when the engines are shutdown. and After the next restart will be available in that location. (anywhere)....

8 ) Live map: Here

Live-Map.png

And still open to any new crazy idea....

Edited by MarcosR
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Love'n the server thank you very much!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

• 5 months later...

for some reason, the bot fails to react to my thumbs-up. Any idea what to do?

AMD Ryzen 3 3900X @5Ghz

G.Skill 64GB RAM @3200Mhz

nVidia GTX 980ti

SAMSUNG 250GB SATA SSD

Corsair H100i AIO

Conductonaut thermal liquid metal

Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & TPR

Leap Motion

• 3 weeks later...

First impression of server was awesome, on 2nd sight though, I got kicked right on takeoff, Rotorheads Discord bot seems to be very unreliable currently, I didn't receive any code after several attempts. Also there was no warning anywhere that it'd kick you right on takeoff in such case. took me plenty of minutes to startup my aircraft and get airborne 😑

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/16/2022 at 1:01 PM, EagleEye11 said:

is the server still alive?

It is extremely alive. Great server all in all, but way too many players for my taste in the last few months. I felt it often got too chaotic. There was more of a tactical approach when the community over there was smaller.

3 minutes ago, Aviator78 said:

It is extremely alive. Great server all in all, but way too many players for my taste in the last few months. I felt it often got too chaotic. There was more of a tactical approach when the community over there was smaller.

I see. 

Are you one of the staff/developer of this server?

cropped-GVAW_RC2.png

DCS INDONESIA COMMUNITY
Garuda virtual Air Wing
Official Website | Discord | Facebook | Instagram

19 minutes ago, EagleEye11 said:

I see. 

Are you one of the staff/developer of this server?

I was one of the gamemasters and still am a Blue commander / Tactical Commander, but inactive atm, so not really staff and by no means developer. OP is the owner and developer, great guy and genius mind/programmer. He made this server really stand out from the crowd.

Edited by Aviator78

• 3 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi Guys,

A few weeks ago I discoverd the Rotorheads server and I had a blast. But now I seem to not be able to join the Discord again. Yesterday my profiles got hacked from Facebook, Instagram and even Discord, After this I didnt have access to the Discord anymore. I did create a new Discord profile and my old one is now being deleted but I can't join on the Rotorheads Discord.

How can I rejoin?

Thanks for the help.

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

• 9 months later...

Definitely wouldn't join  MarcosR / Discord: .tupper threw a tantrum over someone giving feedback and started deleting posts and booting people, Even me who was forced to join the server because it is mandatory to play.  The Gaming Community is toxic enough as is, the DCS community doesn't need more people like him. 👎

• 3 months later...
On 6/28/2020 at 6:53 PM, MarcosR said:

Rotorheads1.png

Server Name: Persistent P V E --<< RotorHeads Server >>

Discord: https://discord.gg/zj33Xg6

Latest OPEN BETA

Let me share with you the server I've been working for the past few months..

These are the features currently have...

Server has a few mandatory training missions for the Helicopters.... nothing too dificult, just Hover, Taxi, Navigation and the use of CTLD and CSAR scripts to deployed and pick up troops and rescue downed pilots... Training progress is saved and so only need to do the training Once...

1) Persistent environment (CSAR, CTLD deployments, all enemy units, even F10 marks)

2)CSAR: Enhanced Ciribobs script to do more stuff like

• Delayed embarking ( downed pilot runs to helicopter)
  • downed pilots can be picked up by Ground vehicles,
  • Weight increase (100 kg for each) and maximum limit that also considers ctld troops onboard
  • Re-spawning on crash (everybody on board spawn on the new crash site).
  • Smoke as a radio menu option...

3) CTLD enhancements..

• Troops Run to helicopter for pick up (delayed pick up, 1 by 1)
  • Jtac Infantry group...
  • Troops transport limited for different aircraft.. you can load multiple groups until the max capacity is reached. (Groups split if a part embarked and a part doesn't)
  • Cargo consists in a mix of internal and external (Sling) loads... Internal cargo also affect aircraft weight...
  • Deployed Ground vehicles can be re-packed for transport (Spawn the crates needed for that unit)

4)FAC script - Super enhanced script i found (not sure who to credit there), but it looks a copy on Ciribobs Logic as well..2 Gazelles at the moment can use this script,

• Laser code selection.
  • Target type selection
  • No message to All are send, pilot using this unit will have to verbally communicate the position and laser code etc...
  • Auto Laser detection range only in the front 180 degrees of the helicopter.. if you turn you will loose the target..

5)FARPS: A heliport Pad will be located in the deployed CTLD FARPS, after the Server restarts. (Server will start checking immediately after deployment for a time when there are no players in units. if everybody is out , as spectator or in the tactical commander slots the server will reload the mission)

6) Time: Time in the mission as well as the date is persisted (Will be same after server restarts), and date i set to Current date.. (Soon will be adding some real life wind speed and direction as well)...

7) Client Slots Persistence: (some) Slots will save the location when the engines are shutdown. and After the next restart will be available in that location. (anywhere)....

8 ) Live map: Here

Live-Map.png

And still open to any new crazy idea....

Live map no longer working?

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||