Night Refueling

Quae Tinnungulus

Is the refuel prob light a WIP ? Was trying a night refueling , some players had prob light that illuminated the basket I did not , when looking from outside F2 there was a faint prob light but from inside not enough to see the basket. Using NVG the nav lights on the tanker are so bright that it was difficult to see and judge the baskets position.

Edited by Quae Tinnungulus

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3820 32GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB TM Warthog Flight Controller & Pedals Odyssey+ WMR Headset TrackIR5 Win10

It's a strangely intermittent bug. What conditions where you flying in, hot start etc

For this test it was the standard refuel mission for the 18 just changed the time to night with no moon and Tanker to KC-135 with baskets, but when flying the night mission on the wing server I was the only ship that the prob light did not illuminate the basket nor the tanker but when looking at the F2 view you can see what looks like a flashlight.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i7 3820 32GB NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB TM Warthog Flight Controller & Pedals Odyssey+ WMR Headset TrackIR5 Win10

Been having the same problem.

Playing the Exigent Riviera campaign, and the mission I'm at now has a night A2A refuel.

With the NVG off, there's no light whatsoever. With the NVG on, either the nav-light on the tanker is like the sun, and I can see the rest of the tanker, or the light is OK, but nothing else is really visible.

Not sure if gamma will help with this.

Wish you could ask the tanker to turn external lights off :p

Dont think its a cold start thing , ran mission with cold start and air start same results what gets me is that when Iam on the server with other players they have the probe light that works but I don't, but this is happening off line also. Tried night refueling with kc135/kc130 and sb3 same results with all three but because the fuel pods are closer to the fuselage and not on the wing tip like the 135 the 130 and sb3's nav lights are not as bright and don't hide the basket and its a little easier with the NVG

(EDIT Just found this post recently)

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=277991&highlight=probe+light

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]