Joystick / Throttle

Joystick / Throttle  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Joystick / Throttle

Just curious as to what everyone is using. Please post only once.

Answer what you are using, if you have a throttle (and which one), and please answer if you have or HAD trouble with your set up ... more than once ? You may answer the poll a second or third time if you are on your second or third set up.

Mechanical engineers design weapons ... civil engineers design targets.

1. IBM Flight Controller + CH ProThrottle(gameport) - no problems except for too few programmable buttons :D .

2. CH FighterStick(gameport) + CH ProThrottle(gameport) - no problems except becoming obsolete with Win XP.

3. Saitek X36(USB) - no problems during 6 years of use.

4. CH FighterStick + CH ProThrottle + CH ProPedals(all USB)......perfect! :) .

JJ

CH Fighterstick and Pro Throttle here, but I use Saitek pedals.

Wow, more people use a modded Cougar than a stock one. Aside from all the bickering about quality and the NEED for the mod, I would have assumed that more people would have just used the stock one. That's probably the case for the public at large, but not on these boards. :joystick: :pilotfly:

Just got an X52 and am loving it. I did have an old school Microsoft Sidewinder that I played on for years. (I bought it specifically for MechWarrior 4)

• Like 1

The right man in the wrong place makes all the difference in the world.

Current Projects:  Grayflag ServerScripting Wiki

Useful Links: Mission Scripting Tools MIST-(GitHub) MIST-(Thread)

SLMOD, Wiki wishlist, Mission Editing Wiki!, Mission Building Forum

XBox 360 Controller

I use my 360 controller for all my flying and driving sims. My HD TV is my primary computer display, so I operate it from the couch with a wireless mouse and keyboard. Trying to setup and use a joystick, throttle, and rudder pedals from the couch just doesn't work (everything just wobbles and moves around).

You would have to try it to believe me, but the 360 controller is the best flight controller i've ever used (i've owned many other setups in the past). You get your joystick, throttle, and rudder pedals all in your hand at the same time with tons of buttons left over for HOTAS. The stick has incredible resolution and I am easily able to command all flight controls at the same time (I can hold a perfect hover with X-Plane's Hughes 500D with it and that's no easy task).

Cougar #4671 here

Cougar fan here. Even have an unboxed spare (too good a deal to pass up).

I wonder if any ED tester/Cougar owner has figured out a batch file to emmulate the Black Shark startup procedure? I'll try to create one when I get my new system. Not flying at the moment.

Flyby out

The U.S. Congress is the best governing body that BIG money can buy. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Well the poll is coming along, with 13 more days to go. Saitek owners lumped together are showing 40 percent of the votes and cougers also lumped together are showing 31 percent. I was surprised to see some old Cyborg users there ... you guys still flying Dawn Patrol are ya ? It is also interesting to note the number of people that said they were on the third Saitek (mostly due to problems) and the number of multiple couger owners.

Mechanical engineers design weapons ... civil engineers design targets.

Happy over 2 years on keyboard (seriously! even nice playing on it, don't laugh :P when you master it - it changes into death device ^^) but for few days I will have Cyborg or something like that.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ