Syria preview

MAESTR0

52 minutes ago, glide said:

I took the Low terrain textures for a spin this morning.  Looking and performing great!  Beirut is my favourite airfield of all my maps. 

If we are honest, this map has the most unique/distinctive airfields of all current maps. Incirlik and its "waterslide" runway, Beirut (just set the time in the morning, with the sun appearing in the valleys to the east 😍), or Ramat David with its very sketchy runway 26 (or is it 27?) due to buildings and hills on the approach. But man, what level of detail and love they all get.

I look forward to the changes shown here in these screens. Performance-wise I haven't really had reasons to complain, outside of Ramat David which seems to be difficult for my PC to handle, the rest of the map runs fairly well especially compared to the Channel. It has easily become the #1 map for my online group of friends and we enjoy flying over it.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 2

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

I saw someone recently concerned about whether or not the Marinaras would get Andersen AFB right as it has quite a unique runway.  After seeing what Ugra have accomplished with the airfields on Syria I certainly believe it is possible within the constraints of the engine. .  

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

On 3/9/2021 at 8:14 AM, Qiou87 said:

Beirut (just set the time in the morning, with the sun appearing in the valleys to the east 😍)

And the wonderful hidden gem of Rayak, home of the Lebanese Air Force and the Hawker Hunter.  Did some circuits at dawn there this morning.  🙂  Only one active runway: 222.   Gotta love it.

2 hours ago, MIghtymoo said:

When will the updated map be available?

It's ready when it's ready. No dev on DCS will ever give you a release date, because 1/ it depends on ED's own release schedule and 2/ however long you think you need to finish something, there are always unforeseen problems arising and bugs to fix that delay the release.

In two weeks probably.

Edited by Qiou87
  • Like 2

AMD R7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3200MHz | RTX 4080S 16GB | Varjo Aero | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk3 + STECS + pedals

On 3/9/2021 at 3:40 PM, shu77 said:

I saw someone recently concerned about whether or not the Marinaras would get Andersen AFB right as it has quite a unique runway.  After seeing what Ugra have accomplished with the airfields on Syria I certainly believe it is possible within the constraints of the engine. .  

Marinaras?

Sounds delicious! 

😁

• Like 1

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Hello pilots of the DCS: World!
We continue to highlight work to improve Syria Map. Today we will show you several airfields. 
Gaziantep Havalimani (Turkey)

Screenshot_633.jpg

Screenshot_634.jpg

Screenshot_635.jpg

Screenshot_636.jpg

H-4 Air Base  is a Royal Jordanian Air Force base located near Ruwaished in Mafraq Governorate, Jordan.

Screenshot_628.jpg

Screenshot_629.jpg

Screenshot_630.jpg

Screenshot_632.jpg

Rosh Pina Airport (Israel) 

Screenshot_637.jpg

Screenshot_638.jpg

Screenshot_639.jpg

Screenshot_640.jpg

• Like 12
  • Thanks 5

Sayqal Airbase

Screenshot_641.jpg

Screenshot_642.jpg

Screenshot_643.jpg

Screenshot_645.jpg

Shayrat Airbase 
 is home to the Syrian Air Force 50th Air Brigade located in Homs. It has two runways and around 40 hardened aircraft shelters. (wiki)

Screenshot_646.jpg

Screenshot_647.jpg

Screenshot_648.jpg

Screenshot_649.jpg

Tiyas Airbase 
The Tiyas Military Airbase is the largest airbase in Syria.

Screenshot_650.jpg

Screenshot_651.jpg

Screenshot_652.jpg

Screenshot_653.jpg

Edited by MAESTR0
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 5

Wow these are really looking amazing!

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

Wow!

What a pleasant surprise to see all these additional airfields!

I didn't even knew you guys were also working on this.

Syria map is getting better and better :thumbup:

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Gaziantep is looking great, nice to see that level of detail moving across into Northern Turkey. 

• Like 1

cw1.png

I don't believe Al-Azraq is planned.  detailing that far south would require Tel Aviv to be added as well which is quite a significant change.  I thought it was nice to get a second Jordanian field on the list.

• Like 2

cw1.png

2 minutes ago, shu77 said:

I don't believe Al-Azraq is planned.  detailing that far south would require Tel Aviv to be added as well which is quite a significant change.  I thought it was nice to get a second Jordanian field on the list.

Fairs, although maybe just expend into Jordan a little bit for it to be included and leave Israel more untouched or expended less far down, ED kind of does a similar thing in the Persian Gulf as well

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is great, awesome work!! Definitely makes Syria my favourite map by far, really intricate detail on airfields - they look beautiful. Will allow mission makers many new possibilities for scenarios.

I hope that some more detail work can be done east of the euphrates river from raqqah, as it saw significant combat from coalition air forces in the fight against ISIS to support the kurdish troops. Please consider detailing this area to near Deir ez-Zur.

Fantastic work the team can be really proud of what you achieved, it is clear you all have a passion for the map 🙂

• Like 1

Any chance we get a couple generic city blocks, were the city of Afrin is located? North Syria, near the turkish border, northwest of Aleppo. It is shown on the F10 flight map, just nothing there apart from the river and streets crossing. With Gaziantep now getting some love it will make that area perfect...

• Like 5

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Deir ez-Zur is included in the final set of fields so I would expect detail out to it.

Edited by shu77
  • Like 1

cw1.png

Just now, Aarnoman said:

What do you mean by that sorry? What files?

Sorry *Fields...

cw1.png

Have a look in my thread on this subforum, I have the forthcoming airfields listed there based on what Maestro and ED announced. 

• Like 2

cw1.png

8 hours ago, FoxOne007 said:

Looks incredible 👍🏻👍🏻, looking forward to some cyprus images soon 😇. And hopefully maybe an expansion into Jordan to Al-Azraq AB?? 😇😇

Al-Azraq would be absolutely fantastic 🤞

A lot of countries were based here during OIR.

And with Amman located about 40nm west of it, it's not really mandatory to also add that city (I can imagine this would be way too much work)

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH