Syria preview

MAESTR0

I read here in the ED notes from the latest news:

We are hard at work with DCS World 2.7 and in addition to the new clouds you can expect to see substantial new Hornet and Viper features, updates to The Channel and Syria maps, improved fire effects, enhanced structural damage modelling for the WWII aircraft, updated sound effects, new World War II propeller disk animation, and more.”

What are the updates to the Syria maps? I understand that Cyprus is coming but was wondering what else is being done perhaps from an optimisation point of view?

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

The thing I like about the Fixed wing flights is they All actually show a lot of the terrain around the airfields, while a RW would give you a bit more of a view of the field structures I really like getting that sense of what the regional terrain looks like. The Gaziantep video for example looks awesome. 

21 minutes ago, C3PO said:

I read here in the ED notes from the latest news:

We are hard at work with DCS World 2.7 and in addition to the new clouds you can expect to see substantial new Hornet and Viper features, updates to The Channel and Syria maps, improved fire effects, enhanced structural damage modelling for the WWII aircraft, updated sound effects, new World War II propeller disk animation, and more.”

What are the updates to the Syria maps? I understand that Cyprus is coming but was wondering what else is being done perhaps from an optimisation point of view?

There's an additional 18 fields coming with every country on the map getting at least one more field, there's also the improvements to the hangar structures and a number of additional custom structures dropping in to enhance the scenery.  Everything I've seen so far makes me think that its going to be a fairly substantial improvement on an already good map

• Like 4

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Anyone know what the two Xs are at the end of Rosh Pina airport RWY23? An X at the end of a RWY normally means it it closed, but not two painted like that. Google maps shows they do exist IRL. 

Also, while trying to find the answer to this before posting here, I found this bit of tragic history from the airport. Credit Wikipedia :

I assumed it indicated damage to the location when used like that.  There's a couple other instances of crosses marked in locations on fields in Syria and PG. 

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

8 hours ago, sirrah said:

Al-Azraq would be absolutely fantastic 🤞

A lot of countries were based here during OIR.

And with Amman located about 40nm west of it, it's not really mandatory to also add that city (I can imagine this would be way too much work)

Yeah exactly, I'd rather see the airfield with some Lower Fidelity surroundings as it's not an active place where strikes, etc. are conducted. But from a scenario and mission perspective it'd be a huge addition 

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

We're in 2.5.6 already 🙂

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

Given the tone of the last few newsletters, I suspect both new maps will be 2.7.  I dont think there are any more features coming to 2.5.6

• Like 1

cw1.png

11 minutes ago, shu77 said:

Given the tone of the last few newsletters, I suspect both new maps will be 2.7.  I dont think there are any more features coming to 2.5.6

Correct, there will be no further releases of 2.5.6, next DCS update is 2.7.

Will be interesting to see what the 2.7 initial release will update in terms of Syria; I suspect Cyprus will not be included yet at this stage but we may see some of the new airfields and surrounding mainland improvements as shown by @MAESTR0 in the post last week.

• Like 3

Wags has shown a bit of Cyprus from the air in some of the hornet videos, Personally I would prefer the landmass was included even if not finished so that the map is geographically complete if not fully detailed, but given the large volume of comments on the forums along the lines of 'When will it be released' 'why isnt it finished' 'Why cant you add airfield X' it wouldnt surprise me if you are right.  It would be nice to see Marianas launched the same with all the islands in the chain even if not all are fully detailed at launch but it looks like that wont be the case either

• Like 5

cw1.png

On 13/3/2021 at 18:58, FoxOne007 said:

Parece increíble 👍🏻👍🏻, espero con ansias algunas imágenes de Chipre pronto 😇. Y con suerte, ¿quizás una expansión en Jordania a Al-Azraq AB?😇😇

Great job here, but really Al-Azraq is a very important base and too close to the edge of the map to be left out, my F-16 would take off almost exclusively from there if it were included.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, heroe said:

Great job here, but really Al-Azraq is a very important base and too close to the edge of the map to be left out, my F-16 would take off almost exclusively from there if it were included.

Yep same here, and my F-15E too when Razbam releases it

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi, of course they will. Right now)
Syria map developers have traditionally paid great attention to original and historical sites. Many observations of our users help us to make the map even more interesting and informative.

Sammy Ofer Stadium
Haifa city, Israel

Screenshot_616.jpg

Screenshot_615.jpg

Screenshot_683.jpg

Screenshot_614.jpg

Cooling towers in Haifa
Haifa, Israel

Screenshot_622.jpg

Screenshot_619.jpg

Screenshot_684.jpg

Screenshot_618.jpg

Citadel Akko
Old city of Akko, Israel

Screenshot_483.jpg

Screenshot_612.jpg

Screenshot_667.jpg

Screenshot_666.jpg

Edited by MAESTR0
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

Amazing .. can't wait to try to land my helicopter on the Stadium 🙂

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Awesome was really hoping Akko would get an update!

cw1.png