Syria preview

MAESTR0

When is Cyprus released for this map? Will it be a paid update?

Edited by C3PO

Now: Water-cooled Ryzen 5800X + 32GB DDR 4 3200 RAM + EVGA 3090 FTW3 Ultra 24 GB + Reverb G2 + Add-on PCI-e 3.1 card + 2x1TB Corsair M.2 4900/4200 + TM HOTAS Warthog + TM TPR Pendular Rudder  'Engaged Defensive' YouTube Channel

Modules: F/A-18C / AV-8B / F-16 / F-15E / F-4E (when it lands) / Persian Gulf / Syria / Nevada / Sinai / South Atlantic

Backup: Water-cooled i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz + 32GB DDR4 3200MHz + GTX 1080 8GB + 1TB M.2 1k drive & 250GB SSD drive 500MBps 4K 40" monitor + TrackIR 5

LOL "some of you guys might recognise that airfield"

image.png

• Like 4

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Hello everyone!
Several screenshots of the rocky coast. Tourists come to this place and take selfies and photos in T-pose. 🌅📸🕺💃

Screenshot_526.jpgScreenshot_525.jpgScreenshot_524.jpgScreenshot_523.jpgScreenshot_522.jpgScreenshot_527.jpg

Cyprus ports

Screenshot_535.jpg

Screenshot_528.jpg

Screenshot_529.jpg

Screenshot_530.jpg

Screenshot_532.jpg

Screenshot_533.jpg

Edited by MAESTR0
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 6

43 minutes ago, MAESTR0 said:

Hello everyone!
Several screenshots of the rocky coast. Tourists come to this place and take selfies and photos in T-pose. 🌅📸🕺💃

Ugra, you should enforce an altitude limit of 500ft on your map! Going any higher doesn't do right to all the details you've put in.

• Like 4

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

2 hours ago, sirrah said:

altitude limit of 500ft

That's what helicopters are for 😉 

• Like 2
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

I wish we could blow over all the sun umbrellas by flying over them.

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Awesome stuff! However the shallow water near the coast looks a bit too shallow or clear in my opinion. Directy from above boats look like they are floating and you basically see no water. Looks rarther odd. 

Reference: 

• Like 7

I notice in the last 2 pictures of Guam they seem to have resolved this to an extent, I am hoping whatever the fix is there is can be applied to Syria as its really the only negative I can offer on the map but it seems to be more of an engine issue. 

• Like 4

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

12 hours ago, Skysurfer said:

Awesome stuff! However the shallow water near the coast looks a bit too shallow or clear in my opinion. Directy from above boats look like they are floating and you basically see no water. Looks rarther odd. 

Reference: 

Couldn't agree more, it's been one of the main lingering graphical issues in the map. Same with crystal clear rivers/lakes, where the colour changes from blue to brown as you get closer due to seeing the underlying ground texture. I hope water in DCS gets more opaque so this does not happen.

• Like 4

@MAESTR0

Hi Guys,

first I really love the Syria Map and I appreciate the details you put in (and the hard work that goes with that) - especially as a helicopter pilot.

The only downside of this is - and I beg you on my knees to find a solution - is the annoying aliasing that comes with the fences (and other similar structures, but the fences are the worst due to their numbers).

This problem really destroys the immersion for me, which otherwise would be great!

A second annoying but minor problem (in comparison to the aliasing) is the late LoD-pop in for the textures of large buildings....

So, to really make it clear: I LOVE the SYRIA map! But it has its flaws and I want to love it even more!

Thanks for your work!

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Again the Syria map is great in many ways and good to see Cyprus developing however there is a major flaw / issue with this map that just breaks all immersion instantly.

Water!

Its really, really bad every time you fly over any water body they just look like brown pits (water way too transparent - lakes do not look like lakes, especially the inland sea at Galilee,  Lake Assad and also the general seashore does not look like the sea.  Water is too transparent combined with just a brown earth texture.  Have a long running post on the issue.

Lakes and river's need to be blue in colour, not brown.  Check the above post for more screenshots.

Please can you resolve @MAESTR0? - it will make the map literally 20x more believable.  At present the water view when looking immediatly around your plane just looks horrible and instant immersion killer and literally ruins what is potentially the best map.  Noticable also on all the water reservoirs coming into Ramat David Airbase.  Currently its a reason not to use the map compared to say PG which does not have this flaw.

Having been through Akrotiri numerous times over 20 years im especially looking forward to the Cyprus addition.  Keep up the good work guys.

Sea of Galilee.png

Edited by Hawkeye_UK
  • Like 6

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DCS & BMS

F14B | AV-8B | F15E | F18C | F16C | F5 | F86 | A10C | JF17 | Viggen |Mirage 2000 | F1 |  L-39 | C101 | Mig15 | Mig21 | Mig29 | SU27 | SU33 | F15C | AH64 | MI8 | Mi24 | Huey | KA50 | Gazelle | P47 | P51 | BF109 | FW190A/D | Spitfire | Mossie | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai 

Liquid Cooled ROG 690 13700K @ 5.9Ghz | RTX3090 FTW Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3600 MHz | 2x2TB SSD m2 Samsung 980/990 | Pimax Crystal/Reverb G2 | MFG Crosswinds | Virpil T50/CM3 | Winwing & Cougar MFD's | Buddyfox UFC | Winwing TOP & CP | Jetseat

@MAESTR0 Is Ugra planning to improvethe look of water in Syria? As shown by many users in this thread (as well as the bug threads in the bug sectio, and wishlist) the current implementation of water does not do the map justice, and makes the otherwise really well crafted terrain look very unrealistic.
It would be very reassuring to hear that Ugra is planning to change the water shaders so rivers/lakes are no longer filled with crystal clear water, where we can always see the ground texture beneath the water and also causing artefacts such as the water changing colour from blue to brown when flying over a body of water.
Thank you for reading and hope the team will work on improving this, it would really pull the map together having this adressed given the many areas of water features on the map, including the Sea of Galilee, the Mediterrainian coast, and the Euphrates river, among many smaller bodies of water.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Hey!
Let's see what we have today

Original objects:
Limassol General Hospital 
Limassol General Hospital .jpg
Nicosia Terminal
Nicosia Terminal.jpg
Oval and factory KEAN
Oval и фабрика KEAN.jpg
Paphos General Hospital
Paphos General Hospital.jpg
Paphos Terminal
Paphos Terminal.jpg
Limasol MyMall
ТЦ Limasol MyMall.jpg

Airfields in Cyprus:

Akrotiri Air Base of the British Air Force
Akrotiri.jpg
Ercan International Airport
Ercan.jpg
Gecitkale Airport
Gecitkale.jpg
Larnaca International Airport
Larnaca.jpg
Nicosia International Airport (closed)
Nicosia.jpg
Paphos International Airport
Papfos.jpg

• Like 17
  • Thanks 5

excellent work, thanks for sharing. But now the wait is getting more and more intense

18 hours ago, MAESTR0 said:
Hey!
Let's see what we have today
Original objects:

Excellent work, thanks for sharing. But now the wait is getting more and more intense ...

• Like 1

A holiday at Cyprus! ETA, please?

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.