Syria preview

MAESTR0

Cyprus and its features look very good, indeed!

But, could you please repair or at least acknowledge this faults:

InkedScreen_210604_150332_LI.jpg

Thank you!

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 6/5/2021 at 3:21 PM, Hiob said:

Cyprus and its features look very good, indeed!

But, could you please repair or at least acknowledge this faults:

Thank you!

Is that Sheraton Grand Adana on the right? What's the fault again?

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

Some high-lod textures for large and exposed buildings won't load until the very last moment, which looks awful and is very distracting when flying low and slow.

Those above are just examples.

When I'm home, I will provide an example of how it should look.

But for now. Those marked buildings have very low-res and unsharp textures, whereas they should have high detailed textures (as shown in the cyprus previews, too)

Edited by Hiob
  • Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Really nice work! But is it really the best choice to put effort on such details instead of adding missing towns, bridges, villages (like Afrin and Kobani, which saw fierce fights recent years)? I don't criticize this but just pointing out.

• Like 4

[CENTER]

Signum_Signatur.png

[/CENTER]

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Terzi:

Wirklich schöne Arbeit! Aber ist es wirklich die beste Wahl, sich um solche Details zu bemühen, anstatt fehlende Städte, Brücken, Dörfer (wie Afrin und Kobani, die in den letzten Jahren heftige Kämpfe erlebt haben) hinzuzufügen? Ich kritisiere das nicht, sondern weise nur darauf hin.

Am I with you It is much more important to add missing cities or to give more details to specific places like Aleppo.
Of course everyone has their preferences.

But amusement parks that are so detailed are nonsense ... rather a lack of infrastructures, etc. 

Edited by Mab8
  • Like 1

Every effort is welcome and apparently all those details in Cyprus require a great effort and it is appreciated, for my part if I agree that I would rather see things like Qal'at Ja'bar on the Euphrates than a pool with no strategic value, the most of us we will fly north of the Euphrates to drop our loads and that is where we now need more detail, I trust that Ugra hard work will give us more details in those areas.

• Like 2

Looks like someone from Ugra visited the island for some holidays 🙂

Looks awesome!

Most of the buildings are whiter though and not so yellowish/brown/beige.

• Like 1

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

Finally!!! We're getting Cyprus today. Check changelog.🥳

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

C!Y!P!R!U!S! Yeah!!! Still downloading though...

• Like 1

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Had a quick fantastic flight from Beirut to Cyprus in the Hornet. Up high in the clouds at sunset, and after a nice hop, the coast of Cyprus appears below. It was eye candy of a mighty tasty nature. 

Great plane, great atmosphere, great map, great flight. This is why DCS gets all my flightsim money.

Bravo! :drinks_cheers:

• Like 1

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

Flew the Cyprus map yesterday.

Cyprus looks just awesome!!! Thanks for the addition.

Happy Toy Story GIF

Edited by MIghtymoo
  • Like 1

Intel i9 13900K | RTX4090 | 64 Gb DDR4 3600 CL18 | 2Tb PCIe4.0 | Varjo Aero | Pico 4 on WIFI6e | Virtual Desktop running VDXR

Great work Ugra. You've achieved something well worth to be proud of. Great work on the improved water too!

Definitely hands down the standout DCS map. I look forward to any further improvements you bring, will definitely buy a few more copies for friends 🙂

• Like 1

I go to another ancient Greek site at Kourion near to the Akrotiri airfield. Very nice too. I think I need a slower plane for sightseeing, the A-4E and T-45C are way too fast.

I guess it does not snow in Cyprus either.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Thank you very much for Ugra for the new update, Cyprus is amazing! Can we expect an update on the other side of the Euphrates as the next step or is this all we will see on the map? I wish with my soul that this is not the end of this incredible map.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heroe said:

Thank you very much for Ugra for the new update, Cyprus is amazing! Can we expect an update on the other side of the Euphrates as the next step or is this all we will see on the map? I wish with my soul that this is not the end of this incredible map.

Sanlifura and Diez El zor are confirmed as airfields on the eastern side of the map, so I believe there is a little more to come in this space.  

• Like 2

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

1 hour ago, heroe said:

Per maestr0s earlier response the northeast Euphrates region is the next step for them. There are also plans to include deir-ezzor

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Aarnoman said:

Per maestr0s earlier response the northeast Euphrates region is the next step for them. There are also plans to include deir-ezzor

Here's to hoping for just a little bit more of Jordan so we can get Al-Azraq AB

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The latest ED newsletter says this is the “final release”. I hope I am wrong!

• Like 1