Syria preview

MAESTR0

I love the map, however I want to know when we will have destructible buildings to, you know, fight the war on. Right now it’s beautiful but this ain’t MS flight sim. I need to have major 8nfatructure to engage for objectives right? The palace, MOD, and TV station aren’t destructible and I’m having a devil of a time making a workaround so far. Could we have an update? Any chance that will be resolved with the expansion?

• Like 7

34 minutes ago, Gunner309 said:

Will this be in patch download for current owners?

Yes, it'll be in a future DCS patch (in the same way the western/Cyprus addition was).  

Edited by Ramsay
  • Like 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Niiiice... 

Anything added at

N35°42'28.4 E39°49'59.3? 

for reenactment missions... 

😁😁

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

East is okay, I guess. But why not south?

Southern Israel (Negev) Sinai, Egypt, Suez Canal. More air battles were fought in those areas than anywhere outside of WWII? Don't you care about historical air battles?

More empty desert does very little for me....

• Like 5

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

On 2/22/2022 at 7:12 AM, HotTom said:

East is okay, I guess. But why not south?

Southern Israel (Negev) Sinai, Egypt, Suez Canal. More air battles were fought in those areas than anywhere outside of WWII? Don't you care about historical air battles?

More empty desert does very little for me....

maybe because going south has lots of cities, and make them in map is cost in RAM and work. Desert is easier, and for me also reach Baddag and join with the Persian Gulf would be great. But for sure it would be amaizing an expansion to the south.

• Like 2

Any comment from UGRA about how far East the new map will push. Will it make it out to the NE syrian border?

I.e. If we wanted to could we recreate the famous iranaian H3 strike in the future from the 2nd tank point over turkey near Zakho, will Al-Qa'im be on the map?

Operation_H3_map.png

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 2/23/2022 at 5:01 PM, Harlikwin said:

Any comment from UGRA about how far East the new map will push. Will it make it out to the NE syrian border?

I.e. If we wanted to could we recreate the famous iranaian H3 strike in the future from the 2nd tank point over turkey near Zakho, will Al-Qa'im be on the map?

Operation_H3_map.png

Pretty sure the thread says H3 is included. Further up with the pictures

Edited by Hoirtel

On 2/18/2022 at 4:00 PM, MAESTR0 said:

Hello pilots!
Today we present to you information about the upcoming update.

The map will be extended eastward 250 km to Deir ez Zor Air Base.

Screenshot_1398.jpg

Added Sanliurfa International Airport in Turkey.

Screenshot_1399.jpg

Added part of the territory of Iraq with H3, H3 Northwest, H3 Southwest и Ruwayshid.

Screenshot_1396.jpg

Screenshot_1397.jpg

Screenshot_1395.jpg

Screenshot_1394.jpg

Added Kharab Ishk helicopter base located on the territory of Lafarge factory.

Screenshot_1367.jpg

Screenshot_1365.jpg

Screenshot_1366.jpg

Screenshot_1338.jpg

Screen_211015_180015.jpg

Added At-Tanf military base on Syrian-Iraqi border.

Screenshot_1363.jpg

Screenshot_1364.jpg

Tal Siman military base located north of the city of Raqqa was added.

Screenshot_1400.jpg

Added abandoned dirt airfield east of Sayqal Air Base.

Screenshot_1392.jpg

Screenshot_1391.jpg

Ataturk Dam and Şanlıurfa International Airport were added in Turkey.

Screenshot_1375.jpg

Screenshot_1376.jpg

Screenshot_1374.jpg

Screenshot_1377.jpg

Added scenes of oil facilities in ir Deir ez-Zor area.

Screenshot_1347.jpg

Screenshot_1343.jpg

Screenshot_1344.jpg

Screenshot_1346.jpg

Screenshot_1345.jpg

Added a large section of the Euphrates River Valley in the eastern part of the map.

Screenshot_1352.jpg

Screenshot_1353.jpg

Screenshot_1354.jpg

Screenshot_1356.jpg

Screenshot_1357.jpg

Screenshot_1358.jpg

Screenshot_1355.jpg

Screenshot_1359.jpg

Screenshot_1360.jpg

Very nice WIP pics, and very welcome updates.

With that said, the best update for the Syria map would be related with better performance and lower VRAM usage - this should be the priority, as it's still a bit problematic if compared to most other maps of a Sim/Game already very demanding on resources.
The objects "pop-in" with bushes and trees in fields near populations is another present issue, breaking immersion.

I'd think most people want "better", not "more". 

Edited by LucShep
  • Like 2

CGTC Caucasus retexture mod  |  A-10A cockpit retexture mod  |  Shadows reduced impact mod  |  DCS 2.5.6  (the best version for performance, VR or 2D)

DCS terrain modules_July23_27pc_ns.pngDCS aircraft modules_July23_27pc_ns.png  aka Luke Marqs; call sign "Ducko" =

Spoiler

Win10 Pro x64 | Intel i7 12700K (@5.1/5.0p + 3.9e) | 64GB DDR4 @3466 CL16 (Crucial Ballistix) | RTX 3090 24GB EVGA FTW3 Ultra | 2TB NVMe (MP600 Pro XT) + 500GB SSD (WD Blue) + 3TB HDD (Toshiba P300) + 1TB HDD (WD Blue) | Corsair RMX 850W | Asus Z690 TUF+ D4 | TR PA120SE | Fractal Meshify C | UAD Volt1 + Sennheiser HD-599SE | 7x USB 3.0 Hub | 50'' 4K Philips 7608/12 UHD TV (+Head Tracking) | HP Reverb G1 Pro (VR) | TM Warthog + Logitech X56 

Hey Urga, hey guys, 

Was walking around in Protaras and Capo Greco Cyprus yesterday, first time back since 2-3 years altough I m in Cyprus often for work... 

Went to a viewpoint and noticed that they took away the antennas that used to be there and also the tip of the cape is open to civ public. 

Might wanna consider taking the antennas away from there too... 

Also, buildings are growing like mushrooms in Limassol... soon will be time to add those big structures lol

image.png

IMG_20220228_140725.jpg

• Like 2

Rig: MB Gigabite z390UD, CPU Intel I7 8700k, RAM 32G DDR4 3200 Gskill ripjaws, GPU MSI RTX2080SuperOC, HDD Crucial mx500 1tb M2 sata, PSU Corsair 850W, watercooling Corsair h100,

Controlers TM f/a 18 stick on Virpil warbrd base, TM cougar f16 stick on cougar base, Cougar F16 throttle on TUSBA, ch pedals, TM cougar MFD

27" monitor with trk IR 5 and HP Reverb HMD.

Modules F18, F16, F86, Mig15, FW 190D9, Nellis range map, Aggr campaign, Middle East map

22 hours ago, Hoirtel said:

Pretty sure the thread says H3 is included. Further up with the pictures

Yeah, but the question remains how much further east the map goes, H3 is pretty far west. Be cool if it went all the way to the E border of syria/iraq. 

• Like 1

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

48 minutes ago, Harlikwin said:

Yeah, but the question remains how much further east the map goes, H3 is pretty far west. Be cool if it went all the way to the E border of syria/iraq. 

It's pretty far west, in Iraq. Quite far east for Syria... It's seems we are getting almost the whole of Syria. I think that might be enough.

• Like 3

On 3/1/2022 at 1:56 PM, VIXEN413 said:

Hey Urga, hey guys, 

Was walking around in Protaras and Capo Greco Cyprus yesterday, first time back since 2-3 years altough I m in Cyprus often for work... 

Went to a viewpoint and noticed that they took away the antennas that used to be there and also the tip of the cape is open to civ public. 

Might wanna consider taking the antennas away from there too... 

Also, buildings are growing like mushrooms in Limassol... soon will be time to add those big structures lol

image.png

IMG_20220228_140725.jpg

Wow, it seems we reached a point where DCS terrain/scenery looks more interesting than the real thing :thumbup: 😄

Anyways, Ugra already has a massive job at hand for such a smal team, I personally would understand if they did not process changes that happen in real life (if so, you could also argue on what the Beirut harbor should look like in DCS). Not sure on which era/year the Syria map is based, but normally, these kind of real life changes are not processed.

• Like 2

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Unfortunately, and fortunately, the maps of DCS are not those in MSFS2K, it is not exactly true to real life, but you know what, it is always great to ask for changes from us customers. 😄

• Like 2

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

On 3/1/2022 at 12:02 PM, Hoirtel said:

It's pretty far west, in Iraq. Quite far east for Syria... It's seems we are getting almost the whole of Syria. I think that might be enough.

Yeah I mean thats my question, if the actual NE border will be included (plus 20km of Iraq would be nice) for this specific scenario. I mean I'm super impressed with Ugra for all the work they have already done with the original map (i.e. adding Cyprus etc). So if not I won't cry much, but it would be cool even if it was blank out there. 

Edited by Harlikwin
  • Like 3

On 2/23/2022 at 9:16 AM, Japo32 said:

maybe because going south has lots of cities, and make them in map is cost in RAM and work. Desert is easier, and for me also reach Baddag and join with the Persian Gulf would be great. But for sure it would be amaizing an expansion to the south.

Not many big cities n the Negev, Sinai or along the Suez. My interest is in creating recreations of historical missions. Not much air war history in the areas where they are expanding.

But I'll take what I can get.

• Like 1

Exceptional engineering...and a large hammer to make it fit!

5 hours ago, HotTom said:

Not many big cities n the Negev, Sinai or along the Suez. 

...and the area between Ein Shemer (which is basically as far south the detailed part if the map currently goes) and the and the Negev desert is famously completely empty, devoid of all signs of population?

But I believe that to reach those areas, even don't have big cities, they have to follow the coast to the south, were big cities are. At the end the map has to be an square area, unless they do not do those parts, as in Caucasus, they didn't make any details from Crimea

6 minutes ago, Japo32 said:

But I believe that to reach those areas, even don't have big cities, they have to follow the coast to the south, were big cities are. At the end the map has to be an square area, unless they do not do those parts, as in Caucasus, they didn't make any details from Crimea

Crimea was first deleted when ED expand the old Lomac map to the Georgian zone by the object density and the pre-EDGE engine technology. After, Crimea has maintain empty when that convert on a "political" issue.

• Like 1