Syria preview

MAESTR0

Oh brilliant!   I was hoping that Akko would be included because it is such an iconic piece of history for all religions!

In case you need here are the 3 best places that serve humous in the old city of Akko:

humous.png

Edited by ViFF

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

Love the Syria map and these improvements you are making is setting the standard.  One thought though,  When the time is right, can you do this type of an improvement to your Normandy map as well?  

Thanks for the Work looks great.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

16 hours ago, MAESTR0 said:

Flying over the state border

Fly over Haifa

Hey @MAESTR0, I am guessing this is the UNIFIL base at the tail end of this video, its looking awesome.  The attention to detail in this area is fantastic, and I think all the extra Helipads along the trip will keep @Bailey very busy documenting.   As Im guessing you are keeping Cyprus under wraps I would love to see a trip out to the Dier Ez Zor if you are taking requests 

Edited by shu77
  • Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

19 minutes ago, shu77 said:

Hey @MAESTR0, I am guessing this is the UNIFIL base at the tail end of this video, its looking awesome.  The attention to detail in this area is fantastic, and I think all the extra Helipads along the trip will keep @Bailey very busy documenting.   As Im guessing you are keeping Cyprus under wraps I would love to see a trip out to the Dier Ez Zor if you are taking requests 

I strongly would like to add to the request of Deir ez-zor, would love to see the airfield (and surrounding area) if it is in a state ready for show. Definitely the area I'm most looking forward to flying in.

Looking forward to recreating this mission in particular: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_2016_Deir_ez-Zor_air_raid

Thanks, Yoyo

Edited by Aarnoman

9 hours ago, Desert Fox said:

@MAESTR0

Oh wow, this is just stunning. Love it.

Learning the Mi-8 right now and i regularly fly her for 2 or 3 hours straight on Syria map just following some road or picking some random NDB to head for and see what can be discovered on the way. It's never boring.

The detail you guys put in here really let me think "wow, there's people living down there" quite often while all the other maps (don't have the WW2 ones, so cant tell) might be detailed but they feel a bit sterile so to say... artificial. Syria really feels alive and "believable", authentic.

Love to see you add Ruwaished (H-4) too, so this area gets a bit populated with an airfield.

Was looking at the Iraqi Ruwaished airfield lately for that reason (MRGS ER18, just at the border and literally on the edge of our map) but this one seems to have always been a rarely used divert/auxiliary strip for H-3 based flights (established 1973 apparently, abandoned since 2003 invasion. H-3 itself is way off the map, some 50km sadly, and also abandoned since 2003), so im happy H-4 is coming for this area.

Keep up the good work, really looking forward to this!

H-4 is already planned as the second Jordanian field. 

Edited by shu77
  • Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

cw1.png

@MAESTR0

Would it possible to make objects, which are already present on the Syria map, such as fences, barricades, towers, aircraft shelters, outpost, hesco barriers, sand mounts (like you would find around SAM launchers), etc. place-able static objects in the mission editor ? That would be a great addition to the core of DCS. Thank you.

Можно ли сделать объекты, которые уже присутствуют на карте Сирии, такие как заборы, баррикады, башни, укрытия для самолетов, аванпосты, заграждения hesco, песчаные маунты (например, вы можете найти вокруг пусковых установок ЗРК) и другие, доступными для размещения как статические объекты в редакторе миссий? Это было бы отличным дополнением к ядру DCS. Спасибо.

• Like 7

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

We respect the wishes of users and can say that in the future there will be a big update that will capture the territories east of the Euphrates, including airfields:

Russian (former US) base - Tal Siman
Military base "Kharab-Ishk" (Where are Apaches)
Sanliurfa Airport Turkey

* @shu77 @Aarnoman @Toriy we can say that we already have in our plans and ready-made airfields and territories that you asked for earlier and now, but in order to release them, you need to carefully work out the entire adjacent territory and test it. Therefore, you will learn about the emergence of these airfields and territories from the news.

@ViFF We hope that this important historical part of Jordan will be presented for release.

@Shadow KT  we will discuss this issue.

Thank you all for your attention to our map. We are finalizing a major mainland map update. It aims to optimize and improve performance on midrange systems. (Yes, this is your credit: a meeting was held and some solutions were found that allow you to increase productivity without any visible degradation of quality).
At the same time, the development team did everything to improve the visual component of the map.

UNIFIL base located in southern Lebanon (Nakura city), on the border with Israel

Screenshot_713.jpg

Heliport Nukura.

Screenshot_714.jpg

Screenshot_715.jpg

Screenshot_716.jpg

Solar power plant near the King Hussein airfield

Screenshot_719.jpg

Oil Terminal for Tankers

Screenshot_721.jpg

Nuclear warheads at Inzhirlik airfield

Screenshot_718.jpg

Radar at the Inzhirlik airfield 

Screenshot_717.jpg

We have always tried to make the map interesting. For this, more than 200 original objects and more than 100 historical structures have been made. We also tried to make the map a challenge for free-flying master pilots.
After work, our developers had some fun. (Do you remember their epic helicopter landing at the stadium? 🚁 (We signed the coordinates of the objects, some of them you will see soon)

Edited by MAESTR0
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 7

1 hour ago, MAESTR0 said:

We respect the wishes of users and can say that in the future there will be a big update that will capture the territories east of the Euphrates, including airfields:

Russian (former US) base - Tal Siman
Military base "Kharab-Ishk" (Where are Apaches)
Sanliurfa Airport Turkey

* @shu77 @Aarnoman @Toriy we can say that we already have in our plans and ready-made airfields and territories that you asked for earlier and now, but in order to release them, you need to carefully work out the entire adjacent territory and test it. Therefore, you will learn about the emergence of these airfields and territories from the news.

@ViFF We hope that this important historical part of Jordan will be presented for release.

@Shadow KT  we will discuss this issue.

Thank you all for your attention to our map. We are finalizing a major mainland map update. It aims to optimize and improve performance on midrange systems. (Yes, this is your credit: a meeting was held and some solutions were found that allow you to increase productivity without any visible degradation of quality).
At the same time, the development team did everything to improve the visual component of the map.

UNIFIL base located in southern Lebanon (Nakura city), on the border with Israel

Screenshot_713.jpg

Heliport Nukura.

Screenshot_714.jpg

Screenshot_715.jpg

Screenshot_716.jpg

Solar power plant near the King Hussein airfield

Screenshot_719.jpg

Oil Terminal for Tankers

Screenshot_721.jpg

Nuclear warheads at Inzhirlik airfield

Screenshot_718.jpg

Radar at the Inzhirlik airfield 

Screenshot_717.jpg

We have always tried to make the map interesting. For this, more than 200 original objects and more than 100 historical structures have been made. We also tried to make the map a challenge for free-flying master pilots.
After work, our developers had some fun. (Do you remember their epic helicopter landing at the stadium? 🚁 (We signed the coordinates of the objects, some of them you will see soon)

Fantastic work and really great to hear eastern euphrates will get more attention too! This without a doubt is the gold standard of maps in DCS, and I look forward to gifting it to some friends so they too can enjoy your labour of love!

I hope you all are very proud of what you have achieved so far and what is yet to come, your attention to detail and further additions to work are at least resulting in some more sales from my end 🙂

Take care and continue your great work MAESTR0 and other members of the Ugra team! 🙂

• Like 4

That last video is a great way to do a tour @MAESTR0!!

• Like 1

cw1.png

Also Ugra, I have noticed you guys definitely upped your game when it came to cliffs/mountains based on the latest Mi-24 trailer:

Screenshot 2021-03-27 111809.jpg

I wonder if we will see similar cliffs/rock faces where appropriate on the Syrian mainland (my suspicion is that this may be Cryprus?)? Truly fantastic work @MAESTR0.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

Very happy that I bought this map at Launch. Also happy that I bought a 1TB SSD last year for DCS.. LoL..

All is LOOKING VERY GOOD@MAESTR0

• Like 3
  • Do not own:  | F-15E | JF-17 | Fw 190 A-8 | Bf 109 |
  • Hardware:  [ - Ryzen7-5800X - 32GB - RX 6800 - X56 HOTAS Throttle -  WINWING Orion 2 F16EX Grip - TrackIR 5 - Tobii 5C - JetPad FSE - ]

1 hour ago, Fercyful said:

Can we use those nukes? ☢️

I know NO 🥶 still great work! thanks for update 🤘 Can't wait for fly with the Hind and then the Apache there

The Mig-21bis has nukes the effects are not modeled very well in DCS but it is nice to have them.

• Like 1

Mods I use: KA-50 JTAC - Better Fire and Smoke - Unchain Rudder from trim KA50 - Sim FFB for G940 - Beczl Rocket Pods Updated!

Processor: Intel Q6600 @ 3.00GHz

GPU: GeForce MSI RTX 2060 6GB

RAM: Crucial 8GB DDR2

HDD: 1TBGB Crucial SSD

Peripherals: Logitech G940 Hotas, TrackiR 5, Voice Activated commands , Sharkoon 5.1 headset. ,Touch Control for iPad, JoyToKey

Just now, Linx said:

So it is safe to say that Cyprus is not coming with 2.7?

That has been confirmed.  I believe we are getting some kind of Syria update, though not sure how much.

• Like 2

cw1.png

It certainly is THE gold standard map in DCS right now, and since its launch I have neglected every other map, and the only missions I have made since have been Syria.  Truly astounding work and ugra can be rightly proud of themselves.

I hope ED have fixed the awful globe style infrastructure lights in 2.7 as these really spoil the nightime look of the built up areas, far better if they were bright pinpoints, rather than out of scale globes, seeming two meters in diameter.  Also would be nice to see the draw distance of the streetlights and towns increased, presently it seems to be around twenty miles for lighting and ten miles for buildings at night.

However, this is beyond ugra's control.  Maybe when ED introduce their upcoming ray tracing technology, things will vastly improve.

A sincere thanks to all the people at Ugra for their very hard work.

• Like 5

System spec: i9 9900K, Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra motherboard, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM, Corsair M.2 NVMe 1Tb Boot SSD. Seagate 1Tb Hybrid mass storage SSD. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC, Thermaltake Flo Riing 360mm water pumper, EVGA 850G3 PSU. HP Reverb, TM Warthog, Crosswind pedals, Buttkicker Gamer 2.

58 minutes ago, Tinkickef said:

It certainly is THE gold standard map in DCS right now, and since its launch I have neglected every other map, and the only missions I have made since have been Syria.  Truly astounding work and ugra can be rightly proud of themselves.

I hope ED have fixed the awful globe style infrastructure lights in 2.7 as these really spoil the nightime look of the built up areas, far better if they were bright pinpoints, rather than out of scale globes, seeming two meters in diameter.  Also would be nice to see the draw distance of the streetlights and towns increased, presently it seems to be around twenty miles for lighting and ten miles for buildings at night.

However, this is beyond ugra's control.  Maybe when ED introduce their upcoming ray tracing technology, things will vastly improve.

A sincere thanks to all the people at Ugra for their very hard work.

Totally agree. At first I was skeptical of 'yet another desert map' and the fact that actual fighting was still going on there which felt strange.

But forgetting politics and just looking at the map you'll find that this map has it all and looks fantastic: mountains, forests, farm land, highly detailed cities and ports, sea, a fantastic coastline (and it will even be improved), small airfields, big military airfields, heliports, numerous detailed industrial areas, the list goes on.

Well done Ugra!

Edited by Vander
  • Like 6

On 3/27/2021 at 10:45 AM, shu77 said:

That has been confirmed.  I believe we are getting some kind of Syria update, though not sure how much.

That's some news to me. Do you remember who confirmed that and where?

Thanks!

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

21 hours ago, CommandT said:

Great Work @MAESTR0 Could I ask if there are plans to get rid of runway lights during day time?? It's the only part that makes it seems somewhat strange! 

As far as I remember this is current game limitation / bug, not specific to Syria map. Same goes for Persian Gulf for example.

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta