Syria preview

MAESTR0

Looking great Maestro! Really looking forward to getting my hands on some of these new airfields!

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

2 hours ago, MAESTR0 said:

We are continuing to improve the map. Updated coastlines to support new DCS technologies.  State borders and demarcation zones have been worked out, including under the protection of UN troops.

Dear Maestro, 

Thank you and the team for your hard work. At this timestamp (3:18) ,however, you are flying over a wind farm that does not exist. Israeli wind farms in your map should be located in very specific areas in the Golan heights and near Tiberias. 

• Like 3

Dear @MAESTR0,

With the amazing changes being made to the Lebanese and Israeli areas and the addition of cyprus, I am wondering if there is further work planned for syria, particularly in the euphrates valley region east of al raqqah, and northeast of the euphrates river. This area saw significant air support throughout operation inherent resolve for kurdish troops in the fight against ISIS. Currently this area is already detailed with trees and some roads, but is missing all settlements. I hope that it is possible to flesh it out a little more like the excellent work done to west coast.

Kind regards, Yoyo

• Like 2

A great map gets even better - and the addition of Cyprus and all the extra airfields (and helo pads!) is icing on the cake.

Watched the videos before looking at the Before / After shots and couldn't see much difference. But even a quick glance at the before after images shows just how much more detail has been added to the map. Looks substantially better!

People complain about optimization and memory leaks, but even so, this has been my favorite place to fly DCS since it was released. Many thanks for the hard work and ongoing improvements 🙂

Edited by coduster
Left out a point
  • Like 3

15 hours ago, 112th_Rossi said:

Looks good. But everything looks washed out

Yeah, I noticed that, too. It looked like the gamma was set really high. I keep mine about 1.7-1.8. Any higher during daytime conditions, things look overexposed/yellow.

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

This is a fantastic map! The level of detail is really to notch & I can’t wait to see the improvements you guys are making! So far they look great! Thank you for your hard work and dedication to making this simulation the best & for sharing the work in progress you guys have done so far.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

People complain about optimization and memory leaks, but even so, this...

That's called bug reporting and is done to try and help the developer 😉

Anyways, these screenshots and videos from @MAESTR0 look gorgeous. Any words perhaps on their performance impact? As @schurem also asked, has there also been paid attention to optimization?

The Syria map already is beautiful, but all that beauty comes at a cost.. (relatively high strain on mid-end pc's and/or in VR, compared to PG and Caucasus for instance)

Edit:

Nevermind :tongue:.. I missed this:

On 2/27/2021 at 8:44 PM, MAESTR0 said:

* Guys, the task of optimizing the map is an important part of the development team's work. Significant results have already been achieved in this direction: when we recorded this video, then on the RTX 2070, less than 69 fps did not fall (basically 90-110Fps). Send me your configuration in the PM and the places where the maximum FPS drawdown occurs.

:thumbup:

Edited by sirrah
  • Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

On 2/27/2021 at 9:44 PM, MAESTR0 said:

* Guys, the task of optimizing the map is an important part of the development team's work. Significant results have already been achieved in this direction: when we recorded this video, then on the RTX 2070, less than 69 fps did not fall (basically 90-110Fps). Send me your configuration in the PM and the places where the maximum FPS drawdown

Thank you @MAESTR0

PM sent!

Best regards 🙂

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

15 hours ago, wilbur81 said:

Yeah, I noticed that, too. It looked like the gamma was set really high. I keep mine about 1.7-1.8. Any higher during daytime conditions, things look overexposed/yellow.

Thats what reshade is for my friend. Its very easy and the game looks like a new game!

I would show you but the file limit is 5MB and the screenshots are much larger than that so heres a compressed version.

73ee41395fb2b1f9d439c798a57c91ba.jpg

Thats what reshade is for my friend. Its very easy and the game looks like a new game!

I would show you but the file limit is 5MB and the screenshots are much larger than that so heres a compressed version.
73ee41395fb2b1f9d439c798a57c91ba.thumb.jpg.a4e2c9380e22860a45a096c5a44b6944.jpg
No good for VR though

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

On 3/6/2021 at 5:16 PM, BarTzi said:

Dear Maestro, 

Thank you and the team for your hard work. At this timestamp (3:18) ,however, you are flying over a wind farm that does not exist. Israeli wind farms in your map should be located in very specific areas in the Golan heights and near Tiberias. 

Really man? Of all the incredible things they're doing, you're going to complain about a wind farm location.............? 

1 hour ago, Skuzzlebutt said:

Really man? Of all the incredible things they're doing, you're going to complain about a wind farm location.............? 

That's an entirely fair comment he made - they don't exist there in real life, then they should not be there. People without good knowledge of the area would not have spotted that, so it is entirely fair to point this out to the developers as they were likely unaware themselves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Skuzzlebutt said:

Who is complaining? I'm providing useful feedback for an early access product. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Im still amazed at the quality and detail across this map when compared to some of the others.  The noticeable landmarks and city locations are really a level beyond what I've seen in any other sim.

• Like 1

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but will this map ever get seasonal textures? Thank you.

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick.