PC parts upgrade, need advice

Hi my current rig has i5-4670k cpu, but GTX760 GPU. While I can play DCS fine, but often times it gets really slow and low FPS. Some friends told me that my GPU might be the culprit of my problem. I am thinking about upgrade my GPU to either GTX1070 or GTX1660. But I don't know if my current CPU would be compatible with either of these cards. Also I don't know too much about difference between GTX1070 and GTX1660. I just know one has 8gb video ram while the other has only 6gb. I know DCS is video memory hungry. Would 8gb necessarily be better in this case? Please let me know your thoughts.

1070 was the 2070 past card without RTX but similar performance, so you have a decent upgrade there. For sure your CPU will be decently fine, unless at low resolutions.

Just make sure you can fit all your Pc in a small enclosure for your next upgrade:

(Just kidding on this).

But the graphic update will be awsome. (I´ll just try to buy a second hand one given the actual market spectations over the next gen).

I'm no expert, but I'm sure that getting a GPU with the most VRAM possible is the way to go. I got an 8GB 2060 Super and I'm very happy with it.

I paired it with an i5 and saw a real jump in performance over my older 3GB 1060.

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

You need to advise what your motherboard is that will determine your best GPU

https://www.pc-specs.com/cpu/Intel/Core_i5_4th_Gen/Core_i5-4670K_3.4GHz/1192/Compatible_GPUs

google your motherboard with GPU and you will find what you can take

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

it looks like you can take a 1080ti maybe that would be your best bet...

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png