[NO] Is Viper work now on hold ?

Matchstick

We were told the F/A-18 and F-16 teams were separate. Now they are both focused on one plane. Wonderful. In a few months we’ll get an upgrade where a couple lightbulbs will illuminate much better than before and nothing else.

My guarantee: if my first two bombs don't destroy you, the next one's free

F-16C | FC3 | Persian Gulf

We've been told that work on the Viper will be being suspended to to allow the team to concentrate on completing the Hornet.

Has that suspension already happened ?

Where did ED say that?

Bye, Smith

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5-9600K @5ghz, 11GB ZOTAC GeForce RTX 2080 Ti Twin Fan, 32GB (2x 16384MB) Corsair Vengeance LPX schwarz DDR4-3000 DIMM, 1000GB WD Black SN750 Gaming M.2, HP Reverb HMD, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, Realsimulator FSSB R3 Stickbase, TM TPR pedals

ED just said a few days/weeks ago they have hired an additional engineer who works exclusively on the Viper in addition to the work that is already going on on the Viper.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

We've been told that work on the Viper will be being suspended to to allow the team to concentrate on completing the Hornet.

Please, provide a source, as I have seen no official news stating that.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Where did ED say that?

Please don't take our words for it, just have a look at the miniupdates thread and look what ED has published for the Viper since it's release.

You will reach the conclusion that suspension has already happened october last year.

Especially if you look at some very nasty bugs that prevent it from being useful, or have been teacher people wrong behaviour in both A/A and A/G ever since the release.

Please, provide a source, as I have seen no official news stating that.

We decided to first focus on the most difficult features to develop and finish them this year. This, however, will slow down our F-16C Viper development efforts. However, F-16C will continue to be updated in 2020, and it will receive updates to the targeting pod, updates for HUD and HSD, steerpoint creation, and the addition of more weapons.

Now as I said if you look at how much was done for the F-16 you will find that 2020 is halfway through and in the first half of the year we got a broken datalink that took months to fix, but no update to targeting pod, maybe some HUD updates for launch zone indications which are guessed anyhow. No idea about HSD. The huge benefit of steerpointcreation and .. no new weapons.

So still much to do even for that going easy on the f-16 plan.

Edited by deadpool

Lincoln said: “Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power."

Do not expect a reply to any questions, 30.06.2021 - Silenced by Nineline

• ED Team

As mentioned on discord, focus is currently on bug fixing, work is not suspended.

When we have news about progress we will share it.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2