Rapier missile efficiency

Tancrede

Hi,

Don't know if already asked, but I would like to know what some of you think about the efficiency of the missile of the Rapier in DCS World.

In a simple training mission I made for myself, I put an Il-76 overflying at 10.000 feet an airbase defended by a Rapier system. the system detected the plane, shot all its four missiles without doing any major damages to the Il-76. The plane flew away without any problem depiste the fact of being hit four times.

Is it normal?

Tancrede

The Il-76 has a pretty old model and AI damage models have been getting worse and worse. It can tank couple of amraams sometimes as well. I think you can shoot off 3 of its 4 engines and it will keep going.

Might also be a factor

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Ok and thanks for the info.

is it going to be fix sometimes?

Yes. They are currently redoing very complex damage modeling, they have started with WW2 aircrafts first and then they move to a ground units damage modeling. After that they move to a modern fighters.

The question is that as there are right now new modules in development, and some existing ones are to be redone (like MiG-21Bis), if those are getting the new damage modeling, do they work or do they need to wait that the core DCS supports it with each module separately?

Like "I see you have that cool feature, but I don't allow you to use it until I flick the switch as I did with WW2 modules".

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Fantastic!

My last experience with a SAM (a Roland system) shooting at an Il-76. The plane was still flying on with no engine left and fire coming from the hull. Sorry but no sreenshot.

Edited by Tancrede