A-10C Warthog campaign - Operation Persian Freedom

Thanks for the explanation and to take your time to did so. I didn't know that either that dial was referring only to emergency, but for some reason (maybe a bug) I only got response when changing the dial to AM. Capt Taylor is not in the preset channel so I was struggling to get an response from him and by chance I set EMERG AM and got the answer.

Thanks for the explanation and to take your time to did so. I didn't know that either that dial was referring only to emergency, but for some reason (maybe a bug) I only got response when changing the dial to AM. Capt Taylor is not in the preset channel so I was struggling to get an response from him and by chance I set EMERG AM and got the answer.

No probs :thumbup:

I'll give it a test myself as well to see if I can reproduce.

@CillNG my bad bud!! I was using the manual mode of the VHF FM radio in a wrong way. Your mission is perfect and very immersive. Thank you!!

Ok thanks buddy, don't worry about it. Glad you enjoyed :)

So tried mission 1 tonight. All three radios set to the ATC freq. and to tr. Not able to get a response from the F10 ATC, but F5 ATC working perfectly. What do I do wrong?

To all others having problems: read the mission briefing files and open the kneeboard in the plane to find the correct frequency of 131.5 for the ATC.

Edited by tintifaxl
Found answer.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

So tried mission 1 tonight. All three radios set to the ATC freq. and to tr. Not able to get a response from the F10 ATC, but F5 ATC working perfectly. What do I do wrong?

The correct radio for ATC is the VHF AM (one nearest the front of the cockpit). Hard to say without seeing a track/screenshot of your radio settings but those that have posted issues so far have all had an incorrect setting on the radio. Right hand knob should be set to TR, left hand knob can be set to either man or pre. If on pre use the preset wheel and select channel 1 (I think from memory). If on man select 131.5 on the panel. Once the radio is set then the option will appear in the F10 menu, don't use F5 as this is not used at all in the campaign and the F10 options are an important part of the mission triggers.

Yesterday's open beta update did cause an issue with the presets on the AM radio as well and is awaiting a hot fix so this potentially could affect things.

Also make sure you don't have easy comms on.

Let me know if that doesn't solve it and I'll take a closer look.

The wingman is deliberately set in a different group for all missions, this is because I've set a custom wingman command system as a workaround for the AI issues (command them using F10 menu when UHF radio is set to 260/Chan 2).

However should still be able to see in the TAD as far as I know...I always hook on to them in the TAD, not sure on why you cannot see them. Wingman is set to get airborne under his own steam, takes a few minutes for him to do so, so make sure you wait for him to get in the air then order into formation through F10... hopefully you'll be able to spot in the TAD then.

Finally got a chance to get through all of the missions. Very well done, excellent job!

Thanks for the hard work you put into this. Really looking forward to the rest of the campaign!

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed!

CAMPAIGN TIMESCALE:

Had a few messages asking so for anyone interested...

I've planned and written a 20 mission campaign, first 4 missions (part 1) are completed and with you already. Timescale on completion of the rest is vague at this point...I released the first 4 missions in advance as had never released anything to the community before so wanted the chance to gather some feedback and make sure that the final product was good enough.

Feedback so far has been great, thanks to all those that have tried the missions and I'm especially grateful to those who have voiced a constructive opinion.

I'm hard at work now on completing the rest, average build time currently is around 2 weeks per mission, having distractions like kids, a wife and a job really slow things down! Mission 5 is almost finished (and looking good!), at this point I'm undecided on the release schedule. I don't want to release individual missions as they are finished, instead I will either release everything as a complete campaign when 100% done or I may release as clusters of missions for parts 2, 3 and 4. On current speed I think around 7 months till completion is my current best guess (Feb 2021). My ambition is to create something right up there with the very best campaigns in DCS (although Raven One looks like its going to raise the bar), if I achieve that or not I'll leave up to you!

Either way I'm having an absolute blast creating the campaign so rest assured I intend to see it through to completion, I have loads of exciting ideas keeping me energised, as is your feedback and enjoyment and I'm really excited to bring the complete story to those who have already started on the campaign and those who have yet to try it.

I plan on dropping regular updates and the odd video onto this thread as I continue development so if you're interested keep an eye out out for updates.

Happy for any questions or feedback at anytime, drop me a message on here or PM me.

Cheers,

ChillNG

Mission 5 WIP JTAC

A preview of the custom JTAC system I've put together for future missions.

This allows me to fully control the 9 line, the specific IP and attack headings and most importantly doesn't break immersion by using the stock voices the in game JTAC setup uses.

It allows for calls of 'cleared hot', 'abort' or will reprimand you if you engage without clearance. If you get aborted it all resets and you try again.

Best of all no scripts! All done with many triggers and flags...

Edited by ChillNG

Flew M1 today which I find excellent and am now eagerly looking forward to fly the rest. Very well done and absolutely in the ballpark of the better paid DLC campaigns. Thank you for your hard work!

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Flew M1 today which I find excellent and am now eagerly looking forward to fly the rest. Very well done and absolutely in the ballpark of the better paid DLC campaigns. Thank you for your hard work!

Thanks, really appreciate the feedback. Hope you enjoy the others!

@CillNG is #5 already in the oven?

It is, but won't be with you for a while I'm afraid. Still working on the exact release schedule, check out my earlier post for more details.

I'll keep updating progress on here as I go.

Just flew the first mission...well done mate. Very professional. My only feedback would be to slow down the voiceovers as I find them unnaturally fast, and I ended up having to read the text instead.

Looking forward to mission 2!

Check out my 'real world'

video series

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just flew the first mission...well done mate. Very professional. My only feedback would be to slow down the voiceovers as I find them unnaturally fast, and I ended up having to read the text instead.

Looking forward to mission 2!

Thanks for the feedback, appreciated!

Completely agree with you, the voices (especially Davy) are a little inconsistent at first. They get a bit slower in later missions as I get a bit more practice at them.

I'll probably re-record some of the mission 1 audio further down the line, never been quite happy with it.

Thanks again.

Edited by ChillNG

Looking forward to another great campaign. Currently playing Ranger's campaign next I will play this campaign.

DCS has top notch aircraft but lack missions, quality mission and ED has a trend that no campaigns with newer aircraft. They charges premium but without any believable campaign.

Once again thank you and keep it up the good work :thumbup:

Win10, Intel 3rd Gen. Core i7 3.8Ghz, 20GB ram, Nvidia Geforce 1060 6GB Opentrack (Download it from HERE), PS3 Eye, Saitek x52-pro Joystick,

DIY Rudder Pedals,

Google Cardboard with DCS World

English is not my native language