Carrier Operations Guide by Pieterras

The Font

This is indeed the “gold standard”. But the font size presents a real challenge to these old eyes, and those of others.

I would suspect the idea was to keep the download size in check. But damn. :)

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

This is indeed the “gold standard”. But the font size presents a real challenge to these old eyes, and those of others.

I would suspect the idea was to keep the download size in check. But damn. :)

Haha, I started off with a bigger font;) but wanted to keep certain information on the same page, which wasnt easy at times. Hope you find a way to make it work and enjoy the read :D

This is honestly fantastic, thank you for giving me something to aspire to with my own work.

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Let us know your feedback...

I'm reading the guide and it's really clear and complete. Only a couple of questions at the moment:

pag.86 Grading Scales

- what's the difference between Pattern Waveoff and Technique Waveoff?

- I understand that Techinique Waveoff count a -1.0 grade. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance fo replies.

This is on a level with a Chucks guide, which means it's superb...

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

I'm reading the guide and it's really clear and complete. Only a couple of questions at the moment:

pag.86 Grading Scales

- what's the difference between Pattern Waveoff and Technique Waveoff?

- I understand that Techinique Waveoff count a -1.0 grade. Is this correct?

Thanks in advance fo replies.

Hi Joker62,

Many thanks for your feedback and maybe a good eye opener to add the definitions in the next revision.

- A technique waveoff: worth 1.0 = Due deviations from centerline, glideslope and/or angle of attack that are unsafe and need to be aborted. Worth 1.0 . "bad piloting"

- A Pattern waveoff is related to "the pattern" worth 2.0 = As the word describes think of a gross overshoot, too long or too short in the groove etc.

- A foul deck wave off = A waveoff that does not effect the GPA or boarding grade and is related to the deck not being clear or the arresting system not being set on time "Beyond the pilots control"

hope this answers your question.

For any further questions feel free to ask or join our discord ;)

https://discord.gg/fKZYQ7c

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Great Guide...

Just to clarify, on page 58, CASE III, night ops time frame is set up to complete civil twilight rules?

Also, why "last name" after Calling the ball (page 56 Right side below CQ)?

Thanks again! :thumbup:

Edited by EagleA25

Hi EagleA25,

Civil twilight is not taken into account in the Case III timeframe. Bare in mind, case determinations are not only time related but also weather related. Civil twilights also isn’t a fixed value In length . It can last 24mins on the equator and up to days/weeks on the poles. So it’s kept simple and based on sunrise and sunset.

The last name during CQ is used to help the boss monitoring your “personal” progress during CQ. Only during CQ. Previously also qualification numbers where used.

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow, this really synthesizes everything from CNATRA and CV NATOPS while filling in all the gaps with more concrete info about cyclic ops procedures/techniques not included in those manuals; you really turned the bare-bones foundation into a fully furnished house with this 😃

Ah, just noticed an undefined acronym: BTN, on the CASE III diagram, p.60. What does it refer to?

Edited by Nealius

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
19 hours ago, Alphadriver said:

Wow!!  Had no idea that this OPs guide was out there!  Looking forward to reading it.  Thank you!!!!!!

My mantra.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.